Hardware Switch won't charge after replacing M92T36

ben5243

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Switched stopped working, no screen display at all. Only ever used official dock except one time tried charging with a PD wall charger but it worked fine after.
Anyway, battery would still charge, voltage would climb from 2.7V to 4.2V when left plugged in. Pin 5 of M92T36 had 3.3V plugged in or not.

I replaced P13USB and M92T36 at the same time. Switch powered up but had error 2101-0001.
Reflowed the M92T36 and now it powers up but does not charge.

Pin 5 has 3.3V
Pin 6 has 3.3V
No change when plugged in

Could the M92T36 need another reflow or is there a chance it got damaged and needs to be replaced?

I also have a replacement USB-C port I could replace. The one on it looks okay and seemed to charge before swapping chips, should I try changing it?

Thanks all

Last edited by ben5243,

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Am in the same situation and had it repaired at some cellphone/game repair shop. They replaced the USB-C, MT, and BQ24193. Maybe BQ24193 needs to be replaced? The shop says the MT I brought was defective and their BQ works. So hopefully the new one I bring this week will fix it. Mine was supposedly broken because my USB-C had a short and plugging it to the dock killed the switch.

Last edited by fvig2001,

ben5243

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think I need to replace the M92T36 again.
I tried plugging it into the dock and it shows charging (lightning bolt) for a moment, then the dock starts flashing rapidly until unplugged.

Oh I forgot one other symptom - the speakers and headphone port hasn't work on my switch for about a year, maybe more. At full volume you just hear occasional static and crackling. Audio worked fine through the dock though. After replacing P13USB and M92T36, the sound works again! Unsure if that's related.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC