Hardware switch wont boot

RafaelZBr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi,
i bought a defetcive switch some months ago, witch some bad ram. i manage to change-it thanks to FXDX and his post
(removed because limitations)

now after some time i got some crashes and the switch dont boot see image below:
i can rmc in hekate, i tought was some kind of bad nand, i tried replace it with other module, restoring backups, rebuilding fw, resoldering another ram module, but nothing seems to work.
in the original firmware i cant even see the nintendo logo, and in atmosphere just past its own logo before the crash, idk if its bricked, unfixable or other hardware defect.
i dont know how to read the atmosphere .bin logs to have a better idea why this is happing.
any help is welcome.

here is the .bin file:
(removed because limitations)

Attachments

• 08c9f1d1-dc12-41f6-ad10-412dd7068d53.jpg
    08c9f1d1-dc12-41f6-ad10-412dd7068d53.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 173

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
0100000000000005 is the boot module.
It can be a variaty of reasons why you get this error.
Something simple as messed up Atmosphere install or trying to use an exFat sd card on a non-ex-fat firmware
can cause this.
You can try to boot without the SD card into the ofw.
If this doesn't work, then there is likely something wrong with the NAND file system that is needed to boot the Switch.
Maybe the previous owner tried something like downgrading the Switch and messing it up.
As far as I know, the Boot0 and Boot1 partition are bound to the version of the ofw that the switch runs.
I don't know any tool that can check this easily for you.
One idea would be to dump the NAND, boot0 and boot1 with Hekate.
With NxNandManager you can mount the dump and get the firmware version.
You can then search for a matching boot0 and boot1.
A file comparison should tell you if you have the right boot0 and boot1 then.
With NxNandManager you can also access the files on the NAND dump (after also duimping your keys).
You can see if that all looks good.

Reactions: RafaelZBr

RafaelZBr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
0100000000000005 is the boot module.
It can be a variaty of reasons why you get this error.
Something simple as messed up Atmosphere install or trying to use an exFat sd card on a non-ex-fat firmware
can cause this.
You can try to boot without the SD card into the ofw.
If this doesn't work, then there is likely something wrong with the NAND file system that is needed to boot the Switch.
Maybe the previous owner tried something like downgrading the Switch and messing it up.
As far as I know, the Boot0 and Boot1 partition are bound to the version of the ofw that the switch runs.
I don't know any tool that can check this easily for you.
One idea would be to dump the NAND, boot0 and boot1 with Hekate.
With NxNandManager you can mount the dump and get the firmware version.
You can then search for a matching boot0 and boot1.
A file comparison should tell you if you have the right boot0 and boot1 then.
With NxNandManager you can also access the files on the NAND dump (after also duimping your keys).
You can see if that all looks good.
tanks for the reply, i think my post was confused, i manage to play on the switch for some time, out of nowhere its crashed and is giving this error, i tried restoring my backups (i made some right after i fixed the console) but with no luck, do you think can be other hw faliure? and i cant boot on ofw its stuck on a black screen.
i will try looking for boot0/1 on nx nand, but was booting before idk if that was the problem.

RafaelZBr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! Were you able to fix this error?
Sorry for the late reply, I gave up for some time, it was very frustrating it was impossible to have any improvement m, I am considering giving an retry because it’s the first versions that are unlockable by rcm and now I am better with money.

I’m was laying down some possibilities I came with some:
Maybe I didn’t fully fixed the ram and my backups are not usable
Maybe on the soldering/reballing of the ram I moved the apu out of place
Or some nand related problem
I have 3 nand modules and now i don’t know which one is the original

What I don’t understand is that why one day was fine and out of nowhere it stopped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1