Hacking Switch Won't Boot CFW or OFW after 8.1.0 Update

silverlightning4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 8.1.0 using Choi, and forgot to select exFAT. I didn't think much of it but now I can't boot the system. I can access hekate but I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Auto RCM gets turned off when I try to boot. Any help?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 8.1.0 using Choi, and forgot to select exFAT. I didn't think much of it but now I can't boot the system. I can access hekate but I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Auto RCM gets turned off when I try to boot. Any help?
If your SD is formatted as exFAT, then you have two options:
  1. Backup the contents of your SD card and reformat your SD card as FAT32 (recommended).
  2. Use a different SD card that's on FAT32 to install the exFAT update to your Switch with ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: NoNAND

silverlightning4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your SD is formatted as exFAT, then you have two options:
  1. Backup the contents of your SD card and reformat your SD card as FAT32 (recommended).
  2. Use a different SD card that's on FAT32 to install the exFAT update to your Switch with ChoiDujourNX.
Thank you! I've been a long time lurker and this situation brought me to post for the first time. Formatting now and hopefully everything works out.

Reactions: NoNAND and Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a