OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I just came across this console XAW1010 jailbroken with SX Core. The console is at 11.0.1 and I'm trying to run Atm but I'm getting this message stating the "main BCT is improper".
87da9c9a-ce22-400f-86a0-987d6f0acd70.jpg 80f2bda4-f3f4-47a1-a042-dc20606f8cf7.jpg

If I switch to SXOS boot.dat and do a cleanup and genuine boot it boots fine.

I understand there is a new check in Hekate 5.5.4 that catches this error and presents a message (the one above) but I'd like to understand what it is.

Can I have some insight?
And most importantly, can it be resolved?

Thanks!

Last edited by mvmiranda,
Reactions: aunt-lydia

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I googles a bit and found out the BCT is the boot configuration table.
I also found out the briccmii payload bricks (and attempts do unbrick) the first byte of every BCT's pubkey in BOOT0.

I was wondering it there is any way to try and uncorrupt this BCT table.

Maybe a "donor" BOOT0?

Thanks!

gforceroy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I had the same issue. But one guy helped me. He gave me the correct BOOT files. I'm not sure I can public them, and I've just registered, so I can't PM. Are you registered in any social network?

Sorry to jump in this thread and bug you but I am having the same issue with my V1 switch. Would you mind sending me the files, I cannot pm either so could you please add me on instagram <omitted> and maybe I could send you my email from there, not sure. If you have an instagram and would like me to reach out instead let me know. I have been stuck on this issue for a while :(

UPDATE 1: Thank you for sending the instructions to me I am going to try the fix now and come back with another update when/if successful :)

Last edited by gforceroy,

ivan17351

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Sorry to jump in this thread and bug you but I am having the same issue with my V1 switch. Would you mind sending me the files, I cannot pm either so could you please add me on instagram <omitted> and maybe I could send you my email from there, not sure. If you have an instagram and would like me to reach out instead let me know. I have been stuck on this issue for a while :(

UPDATE 1: Thank you for sending the instructions to me I am going to try the fix now and come back with another update when/if successful :)
Hi. can you send me the files, please? I have the same problem.

gforceroy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 2:
It worked for me to boot into my OFW (which is great! I could not do this before I used the boot files) but Atmosphere is still a black screen.

I am going to reinstall Atmosphere and see if that fixes the issue. If anyone has another idea please let me know :)

Reactions: mvmiranda

nazareth96

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I just came across this console XAW1010 jailbroken with SX Core. The console is at 11.0.1 and I'm trying to run Atm but I'm getting this message stating the "main BCT is improper".
View attachment 245912 View attachment 245913

If I switch to SXOS boot.dat and do a cleanup and genuine boot it boots fine.

I understand there is a new check in Hekate 5.5.4 that catches this error and presents a message (the one above) but I'd like to understand what it is.

Can I have some insight?
And most importantly, can it be resolved?

Thanks!

Hi, I have the same error, has anyone found the solution? Thanks

aunt-lydia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there,

having the same issue here, tried several downgrade guides (I'm on 11.0.1) but with any attempt to launch atmosphere, cal0 Info, biskeydump, or lockpick results in black screens or error messages. how can I find you on reddit? could you please give me the required files and instructions, too? thanks!

edit: ok I think I found you on reddit and just sent you a pm there. hope I got it right ^^

Last edited by aunt-lydia,

aunt-lydia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi again,

@fjay69 I received your files, thanks =) Can I suggest that we share your files and instructions here in this post? I can upload them if you don't mind. Otherwise you probably will get loads of requests because people will try to find you on reddit. Just a thought =)

It actually did fix the problem of atmosphere. :toot:

After restoring fjay69's boot0 and boot1 the first time, for some reason it would't work yet. Then I repartitioned SDcard, created fresh emuNAND with hekate. Still the same error message when I tried booting atmosphere (see @mvmiranda's pics). Then I restored fjay's boot0 and boot1 again, and voila, atmosphere started.

However there seems to be more than that, at least in my case..:wtf: I'll sum up again and give some more info on my case here.

- Starting the OFW (via Genuine Boot in SX Core Menu) has always worked for me without problems.

- After restoring fjay69's boot0 and boot1, atmosphere starts (via emuMMC)

- What still does not work, is: reading/dumping the console's unique keys (neither with biskeydump nor lockpick), establishing any USB connection via hekate to Windows (UMS) and probably more.

Here's a photo of my biskeydump

20210222_122707_LI.jpg

- Right now I'm in the process of trying to downgrade emuMMC to 11.0.0 in order to run SX OS. For some steps unfortunately the keys would be necessary.

Have others experienced the same issues? I really wonder what actually causes these problems. The console I got didn't seem to have any attempts of hacking / opening it when I first got it, and all I did was soldering the chip in. Could it be related to the Mod / Modchip itself?

Cheers!

UPDATE:

I was able to downgrade and run both SX OS and atmosphere. I used this great tutorial on psxtools named "Atmosphere-NX mit SX Core & SX Lite"
At some point the UMS function in hekate was working. I had this with other working and unpatched consoles before, sometimes it work, sometimes not.

However the problem with not getting keys remains unsolved. I tried briccmii, see following pic:
20210222_213445_LI.jpg

No matter which boot files I use (original or fjay69's), I get the same error.
Anyone with a V1 Erista Console on 11.0.1 who is able to get the keys? I'm starting to think maybe this is connected to firmware and payloads not working properly with it, but maybe I'm wrong. I'd be happy about any thoughts or infos.

Cheers!

Last edited by aunt-lydia,

Zeno001

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I asked the TX support on discord the problem was fixed just by going through the SXOS options > Then Click SX Core and do a Cleanup > Go to Payload.bin > Then Launch the Atmosphere CFW. That seems fixed the BCT improper problem.

aunt-lydia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I asked the TX support on discord the problem was fixed just by going through the SXOS options > Then Click SX Core and do a Cleanup > Go to Payload.bin > Then Launch the Atmosphere CFW. That seems fixed the BCT improper problem.

amazing. that simple. after the cleanup it works like a charm! got the keys with lockpick and can start atmosphere. downgraded emunand to 11.0.0, got my SX OS license today (website was working today, phew!!) and can finally enjoy the magic =)

THANKS BRO :yayswitch:

PS it works with my original BOOT0 and BOOT1 so @fjay69 probably those files are not required, but thanks anyway for your support!

Reactions: Zeno001

fjay69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
When I had the issue, I did the same. It didn't help.

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, this actually worked for me... Not on the first time, though.
One of the times I performed the cleanup and ran Hekate through the Payload menu (using autostart to automatically boot atmosphere), Lockpick ran (yeah! automatically, I think, because I didn't boot this payload) and it dumped the keys and asked me to press a button to shutdown.
After I turned the console back on it worked flawlessly!

So, try running this:
Cleanup, Payload Menu, Lockpick payload, dump keys from sysNAND, shutdown, turn on again, cleanup, Payload Menu, Hekate payload, boot into Atmosphere (sysNAND), shutdown and try booting Atmosphere (emuNAND)!

Best of luck!

EDIT: After some "occurrences" of this issue I managed to fix it by just doing the "second" part. So try starting directly from the second "cleanup" (in bold) forward...

Last edited by mvmiranda,
Reactions: impeeza and de9ed

Nutzerlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, this actually worked for me... Not on the first time, though.
One of the times I performed the cleanup and ran Hekate through the Payload menu (using autostart to automatically boot atmosphere), Lockpick ran (yeah! automatically, I think, because I didn't boot this payload) and it dumped the keys and asked me to press a button to shutdown.
After I turned the console back on it worked flawlessly!

So, try running this:
Cleanup, Payload Menu, Lockpick payload, dump keys from sysNAND, shutdown, turn on again, cleanup, Payload Menu, Hekate, and try booting into Atmosphere!

Best of luck!
Thanks, with this "stupid trick" it works on my Erista Switch and the FW was 10.0.2

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello! I have the some problem- Anyone can help me please? Thanks!!
Hi, did you ever read all the past 17 post (are a lot I know [sarcasm]) please first read, then try the already tested solution and only then if only if you have a problem, post it whit all pertinent information and ask for help.

chechu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, did you ever read all the past 17 post (are a lot I know [sarcasm]) please first read, then try the already tested solution and only then if only if you have a problem, post it whit all pertinent information and ask for help.
I tried everything and don't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1