Hardware Switch V1 OLED screen Swap

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The oled version whole assembly is ever slightly bigger than the regular one, not just the screen. So it will just not fit.

Someone could arguably create a mod with a better screen but nothing else.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
The OLED screen is bigger than the V1's. Even if you can succesfully fit it inside a V1 and make it work, the borders of the case will cover part of the screen and you won't be able to see the whole displayed image, just a cropped picture.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will never work without a custom driver board for the OLED panel. You can’t just attach an OLED screen to an LCD driver board like the normal Switch has. You can at least get custom laminated lcd displays for the Switch instead that will fit and look much nicer although not as good as an actual OLED screen.

Youffie

DrBrunette
OP
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Mexico
It will never work without a custom driver board for the OLED panel. You can’t just attach an OLED screen to an LCD driver board like the normal Switch has. You can at least get custom laminated lcd displays for the Switch instead that will fit and look much nicer although not as good as an actual OLED screen.
they sell touchscreen on Aliexpress too. maybe if you plug the OLED screen and the OLED touchscreen frame connector to the motherboard, it will just take a calibration step to configure it, or I can write a quick homebrew to detect the screen size... the problem is knowing if the connector for the OLED and the touchscreen are the same size, pin, plug as the LCD one . . . also OLED generally uses more power, so have to check if the motherboard can deliver too . . .

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, the answer ended up being: No.

It might be possible with hardware mods but you can't just plug the oled screen in v1

the guy doesnt have a clue
hes confused why an oled screen doesnt have a separate backlight ribbon
its literally because its oled the pixels themselves emit the light

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the OG internals would fit into an OLED housing well and if you could swap the driver boards.
Wonder how similar the hardware actually is between the two of them.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the OG internals would fit into an OLED housing well and if you could swap the driver boards.
Wonder how similar the hardware actually is between the two of them.
As far alas I am aware, the OLED board is a different shape so the OG internals will not fit. Also the driver board is not separate on the Switch so you can’t swap driver boards for the OLED. Also even if you could swap them, Horizon OS will not work with the new driver board since it will assume you have normal Switch and not an OLED Switch.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
As far alas I am aware, the OLED board is a different shape so the OG internals will not fit. Also the driver board is not separate on the Switch so you can’t swap driver boards for the OLED. Also even if you could swap them, Horizon OS will not work with the new driver board since it will assume you have normal Switch and not an OLED Switch.
You could, in theory swap the driver IC, assuming the BGA packages are compatible, but at that point you might as well just install a modchip on an OLED.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1