Switch V1 freezing randomly

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently got my hands on a v1 switch which I’ve hacked.

Been using it since yesterday and the console froze 3 times already. Once while it was in sleep mode, it wouldn’t wake up again.

And then two other times during game play.

Unable to do anything other than force a shutdown. Bit of a pain as I have to inject a payload by connecting the switch to the laptop every time.

Just wondering if this is a problem with the console or this should be expected after hacking the console.

Don’t know the history of the console and this is my first switch so I don’t know too much about them.

Reactions: loler55

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This happened to me when my SD card connector was damaged.

Get Hekate custom firmware. Boot it and go into the SD CARD diagnostic section. It will actually detect and tell you if it's in 1-bit mode which can mean a faulty or damaged sd slot.
Would I have the Hekate CFW already installed if I followed the rentry guide?

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would I have the Hekate CFW already installed if I followed the rentry guide?
From what i've seenfrom the guide you should. Try to hold VOL- while Rebooting from CFW (or when pushing the payload). It should get you into the hekate menu.

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This happened to me when my SD card connector was damaged.

Get Hekate custom firmware. Boot it and go into the SD CARD diagnostic section. It will actually detect and tell you if it's in 1-bit mode which can mean a faulty or damaged sd slot.
Is this what you mean?

Attachments

• B697D313-9E8A-4039-9234-FC1FF445F63E.jpeg
    B697D313-9E8A-4039-9234-FC1FF445F63E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 73

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless it tells you that you are in one bit mode, then that is not yet, does it freeze with no SD card in it? I mean test it to see if no SD card, no CFW cause any problem.

Yes this is what I’m going to test next. Might just be a fault with the switch.
Post automatically merged:

my V2 is not hacked and always crashes. (happens at least 1x per month) I have to force restart.

Mine seems to be once a day. Wouldn’t be too annoying if I had the RCM loader (waiting on delivery). Have to connect it to the laptop every time. Do you have any idea what’s causing it?

Blackn1f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This happens to me alot freezing in games after updating to new soft ware. everything seems to work fine. I'm not in 1bit mode so ik it's not that when I modded it the sd card took alil effort to hold the files. I was wondering if anyone's found a fix that won't have me re do everything as I don't have a back up of what's on the sd card atm still have all the original files that you put on the sd card. Had issues of it crashing in the past and losseing everything so I'm planning on upgrading my sd card soon to a 1tb. so if no one has found a fix I'll hold off til then and just restart it all.

Youser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This happens to me alot freezing in games after updating to new soft ware. everything seems to work fine. I'm not in 1bit mode so ik it's not that when I modded it the sd card took alil effort to hold the files. I was wondering if anyone's found a fix that won't have me re do everything as I don't have a back up of what's on the sd card atm still have all the original files that you put on the sd card. Had issues of it crashing in the past and losseing everything so I'm planning on upgrading my sd card soon to a 1tb. so if no one has found a fix I'll hold off til then and just restart it all.
My issue doesn’t seem to be software related. My console will never freeze in docked mode, only whilst playing in handheld mode. I’m suspecting a battery issue?? Anyone else have any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.