Hacking Question switch updated to 3.0.2 ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hypothetically speaking, it would be possible to create a "fake 3.0.0" fw. You have to get access to the firmware files and you need the Switch private keys in order to be able to decrypt the files. Then you need to adjust the variable which holds the amount of required efuses and probably have to change some security stuff in the code (I don't even know of). Then you have to encrypt (sign) these files and find a way to install it on your Switch.

So, yes, it might be possible. But no, It's not possible in the near future, maybe never.

And then you find out they or nVidia hid a flagger in TrustZone you didn't know about and it causes everything to fail and fries out a capacitor. Devious!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, enjoy online play and the e-Shop.

It's just retarded to wait on a lower firmware INCASE it gets properly hacked (lol)

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, enjoy online play and the e-Shop.

It's just retarded to wait on a lower firmware INCASE it gets properly hacked (lol)

You do realize absolute worst case if we don't get what we want we can still update to latest firm later. I'm holding out on lower firmware for a while and seeing how it goes. If I feel the scene won't be that great and won't be worth it, I can just update to regain online access and later games.
People are making it out like if you wait you will forever be stuck on lower firmware.

And again as I have stated multiple times across many threads, some people don't play online, don't use eShop and are perfectly happy with staying with the current catalogue of games until we get something.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i know, i thought the version number could be faked or something but apparently not
For that we would need a proper kernel exploit, right now we have nothing.
I wouldn't worry. At least now you can enjoy Splatoon and MK8D online, as well as Super Mario Odyssey when it comes out. It could be years before we have piracy anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, you need to be on specific firmwares.
The Wii and Wii U are properly hacked.

Latest firm != proper hack. Just look at ps3 for a good example of that. We only got lucky with previous nintendo consoles. Other systems and switch don't have things in higher firmwares.

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
:switch:
I stupidly updated to 3.0.2 :(
Is it possible that someone could create a fake switch update that is actually 3.0.0 in disguise?? :lol: DNS maybe?
Don't lose your hope! Firmware 3.0.1+ will eventually be hacked anyway. Pretty sure 3.0 won't be another PS3 3.55 situation. Also on the plus side you can now play online and buy games from eShop.

Last edited by Emenaria,

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Latest firm != proper hack. Just look at ps3 for a good example of that. We only got lucky with previous nintendo consoles. Other systems and switch don't have things in higher firmwares.
Have i missed something?
3.0.2 is the latest firmware, and they haven't found anything useful there.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
You can remain hopeful, sure, but stop spreading this as if its an absolute truth.

Nobody knows this.

Nintendo consoles will usually be hacked more than once, the Switch is gonna be a big console!
I doubt it will be one of those consoles that sell 60 Million with <1% of users that can hack it, it's gonna be hacked again don't worry guys

P.S: I'm on 2.1.0 :D, Can't wait for backups and homebrew! Gonna be insane!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have i missed something?
3.0.2 is the latest firmware, and they haven't found anything useful there.

!= means does not equal. No there isn't anything major for latest firm, but it's the same story on any other modern non-nintendo console (except psp)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if you say so, anyway i don't really care about people, but when i'm in a bad mood i don't even try being nice
i just write what i think, that might "harsh" but that's a direct answer and my unaltered thoughts

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So call me an asshole if you want
though i was in a pretty terible mood a that time
i'm generally more soft
but yeah there is no point in being soft with things you despise
So you're literally admitting to being an asshole. Good human being.

Not really, you need to be on specific firmwares.
The Wii and Wii U are properly hacked.

You're not making sense. Just because you were a dumbass and decided to update does not mean it hasn't been hacked. Jesus Christ, you're like those kids who think "Next Gen" has something to do with hardware. "Next gen" is the "next console" = "next generation"

Reactions: Alkéryn

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
So you're literally admitting to being an asshole. Good human being.

You're not making sense. Just because you were a dumbass and decided to update does not mean it hasn't been hacked. Jesus Christ, you're like those kids who think "Next Gen" has something to do with hardware. "Next gen" is the "next console" = "next generation"
I'm making excellent sense, you're just to stupid to understand it.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm making excellent sense, you're just to stupid to understand it.

No you're really not lol. You're like a kid who's trying to make sense with "kid logic" and ultimately failing. Just because it hasn't been hacked wide open on the most recent firmware, does not mean it "hasn't been properly hacked". So... the PS3 isn't "hacked" then, huh?

C'mon guy. You're smart

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
No you're really not lol. You're like a kid who's trying to make sense with "kid logic" and ultimately failing. Just because it hasn't been hacked wide open on the most recent firmware, does not mean it "hasn't been properly hacked". So... the PS3 isn't "hacked" then, huh?

C'mon guy. You're smart
You really believe that a console is fully hacked if you need to meet certain restrictions to actually be able to hack it?

What the hell does it matter if a certain firmware of a certain console is hacked if only people who avoided updating to a newer firmware can use it?

Sure, it's great for them, but in MY opinion that console is not yet fully hacked.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

C'mon guy. You're smart
I understand where he's coming from, there isn't a public hack for the Switch yet so there really isn't a guarantee that it will come to ANY firmware

Reactions: SnAQ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Tell them you didnt know and only practiced English words, not Spanish +1