Discussion Switch update is live

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Naked_Snake, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    I wonder though...
    SciresM said something similar when CFW 6.2 hit (that it might take long) and look where we are.
    I think the Switch scene is moving too fast for Nintendo to handle.

2. TerminatR

TerminatR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2006
    Canada
    Yeah. I sometimes wonder how much of Nintendo's firmware focus and budget is devoted to anti-piracy measures vs. new features or other optimizations other than "system stability"

Last edited by TerminatR, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Tiger21820

Tiger21820 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2010
    United States
    AREA UNKNOWN
    That's it!? That's all we get!? I'm disappointed... when there are MAJOR updates, I EXPECT NEW features, not useless "stability" updates! I want to do more with my switch! I don't want a stable video game system, I want a more FUNCTIONAL system! If we are going to get a brand new version, at least have the common decency to make an update an actual UPDATE! Nintendo already botched version 10 of the Nintendo 3DS by literally adding NOTHING new to the handheld, so if they are going to push a new Switch update that fixes exploits, just leave it at 6! New icons THEY made (much less 6 of them!) are not a new feature! How about giving us the ability to make our OWN icons from the screenshots we took? Anything but stability changes on an X.0.0 update!

4. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    There were also new languages and such. Means nothing for us here, but extends the user base to literally millions of more people. I’d say that’s pretty major (from a business perspective).

5. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    At least, Nintendo would NEVER able to patch the bootrom in unpatched Switch, so if CFW is unavailable so we will likely to see a save manager to export and inject the save in bootrom.

6. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    if I ever update I hope the 7.0 update becomes the next 4.1 update to be on. If whatever changes were made have a flaw in them of coarse.

7. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Did you mean this?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

fst312 and hippy dave like this.
  8. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Yeah I that’s close enough. Lol on the image I just saved that to my phone.

9. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    That's generally how it goes, so I image they are already finding bugs

10. hatchcanon

hatchcanon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    Almost accidentally updated today... Just wanted to see the piranha plant in smash but I guess I'll wait

11. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    but why update if the plant can be use in 6.2

12. hatchcanon

hatchcanon Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    Really? I thought I needed to download patch 2.0 for smash to get it

13. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    Oh you mean officially the console demands you to update to 7.0 to download the 2.0 smash's update? Because i downloaded the update from other source and installed it. i can play it in my current version 6.2

14. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Some of us don't want to use NSP to minimize the ban risk for console, so some of us used homebrew as limited to save editing and save sharing only.

15. WesleyZ

WesleyZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    Michael @SciresM

Atmosphere 7.0.0 bring-your-own-keys basic support: done.

It may take a few days to a week or two for me to get non-bring-your-own-keys support working, but it's a work in progress. :)

Attached Files:

JeepX87 and ModderFokker619 like this.
  16. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    oh i see.. certanly getting banned is one the things i really dont care about.

17. Sengster

Sengster Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2007
    Senegal
    This is my situation. I already understand we r not suppose to update to 7.0 if wanted to continue to use cfw.
    Before I clear my wifi setting, I did receive notifications to prompt to update firmware. Of course I ignore it & clear my wifi setting.
    I’m in offline mode. Yeah I’m safe, but that’s not the case.
    Whenever a game started, there always a notification that will prompt to update. I accidentally click on that. What happen is it go thru a restart and after that I cannot boot to sxos.
    In original boot, it prompt me again to update 7.0 to use the microSD card. I believe I didn’t go thru a full update, but a half update also don’t allow me to boot cfw.

18. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Did you get your exfat update from chodujoir?

19. Sengster

Sengster Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2007
    Senegal
    Didn’t.

20. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Weird, why would the switch ask for another exfat update? Unless it can now detect piracy and homebrew inside your sd card.