Hacking Discussion Switch update is live

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Exactly.... Even though the Firmware is decrypted, it DOES NOT mean the contents of said firmware are a piece of cake especially in terms of manipulating those contents into making usable CFW. Decrypting new firmware is just the first important step. I've been watching the Tweets closely, and there's some interesting stuff here that makes me wonder about the future....

I wonder though...
SciresM said something similar when CFW 6.2 hit (that it might take long) and look where we are.
I think the Switch scene is moving too fast for Nintendo to handle.

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder though...
SciresM said something similar when CFW 6.2 hit (that it might take long) and look where we are.
I think the Switch scene is moving too fast for Nintendo to handle.

Yeah. I sometimes wonder how much of Nintendo's firmware focus and budget is devoted to anti-piracy measures vs. new features or other optimizations other than "system stability"

Last edited by TerminatR,

Tiger21820

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo3dscentral.com
XP
Country
United States
That's it!? That's all we get!? I'm disappointed... when there are MAJOR updates, I EXPECT NEW features, not useless "stability" updates! I want to do more with my switch! I don't want a stable video game system, I want a more FUNCTIONAL system! If we are going to get a brand new version, at least have the common decency to make an update an actual UPDATE! Nintendo already botched version 10 of the Nintendo 3DS by literally adding NOTHING new to the handheld, so if they are going to push a new Switch update that fixes exploits, just leave it at 6! New icons THEY made (much less 6 of them!) are not a new feature! How about giving us the ability to make our OWN icons from the screenshots we took? Anything but stability changes on an X.0.0 update!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were also new languages and such. Means nothing for us here, but extends the user base to literally millions of more people. I’d say that’s pretty major (from a business perspective).

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least, Nintendo would NEVER able to patch the bootrom in unpatched Switch, so if CFW is unavailable so we will likely to see a save manager to export and inject the save in bootrom.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I ever update I hope the 7.0 update becomes the next 4.1 update to be on. If whatever changes were made have a flaw in them of coarse.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if I ever update I hope the 7.0 update becomes the next 4.1 update to be on. If whatever changes were made have a flaw in them of coarse.

Did you mean this?
HTisMpC.jpg

jorgesd

Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
Really? I thought I needed to download patch 2.0 for smash to get it
Oh you mean officially the console demands you to update to 7.0 to download the 2.0 smash's update? Because i downloaded the update from other source and installed it. i can play it in my current version 6.2

WesleyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Michael @SciresM

Atmosphere 7.0.0 bring-your-own-keys basic support: done.

It may take a few days to a week or two for me to get non-bring-your-own-keys support working, but it's a work in progress. :)

Attachments

• DyOt-bYVYAEiVcy.jpg
    DyOt-bYVYAEiVcy.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 100

jorgesd

Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
Some of us don't want to use NSP to minimize the ban risk for console, so some of us used homebrew as limited to save editing and save sharing only.
oh i see.. certanly getting banned is one the things i really dont care about.

Sengster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is my situation. I already understand we r not suppose to update to 7.0 if wanted to continue to use cfw.
Before I clear my wifi setting, I did receive notifications to prompt to update firmware. Of course I ignore it & clear my wifi setting.
I’m in offline mode. Yeah I’m safe, but that’s not the case.
Whenever a game started, there always a notification that will prompt to update. I accidentally click on that. What happen is it go thru a restart and after that I cannot boot to sxos.
In original boot, it prompt me again to update 7.0 to use the microSD card. I believe I didn’t go thru a full update, but a half update also don’t allow me to boot cfw.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
This is my situation. I already understand we r not suppose to update to 7.0 if wanted to continue to use cfw.
Before I clear my wifi setting, I did receive notifications to prompt to update firmware. Of course I ignore it & clear my wifi setting.
I’m in offline mode. Yeah I’m safe, but that’s not the case.
Whenever a game started, there always a notification that will prompt to update. I accidentally click on that. What happen is it go thru a restart and after that I cannot boot to sxos.
In original boot, it prompt me again to update 7.0 to use the microSD card. I believe I didn’t go thru a full update, but a half update also don’t allow me to boot cfw.
Did you get your exfat update from chodujoir?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000...