Hacking Switch Update 5.0.1 Released

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are online restrictions temporarily open again or did they crack down on allowing game updates whilst on low firmware too?
That only applies to the previous firmware (ie 5.0.0 this time). It never applies to firmware lower than what was just updated (ie 4.1.0 and lower)
Edit: I really hate swype and have corrected swype's added words

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That only applies to the previous firmware (ie 5.0.0 this time). It never applies to firmware lower than what was just updated (ie 4.1.0 and lower)
Edit: I really hate swype and have corrected swype's added words
Strange, I thought I saw people on 3.x saying they were downloading game updates when 5.0 was released.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well update does not always mean they burnt the old key blob in the eFuse. But guess I don't care as I got too many Switches to care anymore.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
BTW: How do you people think that a firmware update can fix a hardware issue that is power related?

It's not hugely difficult to imagine, after all the firmware is responsible for handling power delivery and it's entirety possible for Nintendo to detect a non standard dock and limit the charging current to one that's safe for the device in much the same way your smartphone will limit itself to slow charge only if you don't use a genuine charger.

Reactions: BvanBart

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not hugely difficult to imagine, after all the firmware is responsible for handling power delivery and it's entirety possible for Nintendo to detect a non standard dock and limit the charging current to one that's safe for the device in much the same way your smartphone will limit itself to slow charge only if you don't use a genuine charger.
Or better yet (Nintendo-wise) detect a non standard dock and refuse to work or charge on it completely... you know, to "protect the system from damage".

Reactions: BvanBart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: tl;dr i started reading dungeon meshi bc it was in a surprise box from my library, and i will...