• Likes 4

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm the tech guy who took apart this console ... Feel free for questions

Hi Louis,

A simple question for you:

For the eMMC module's breakout board, there appears to be a 30-pin male header (two rows of 15 pins each). Can you provide a correct technical name / part number for this connector, as well as for the mating female part? I'd like to order some of the male and female connectors.

Thank you!

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get rid of the metal bracket plate covering the GPU and Ram and put on a copper shim with some good thermal paste, cooper is a better heat conductor and it's not like that metal plate is cooling the ram.

If need be buy thin ramsinks to cool the ram, a copper shim plus quality thermal paste could bring down load temps of the by five degrees Celsius when docked which would ultimately prolong the life of the Switch.

Duo8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Get rid of the metal bracket plate covering the GPU and Ram and put on a copper shim with some good thermal paste, cooper is a better heat conductor and it's not like that metal plate is cooling the ram.

If need be buy thin ramsinks to cool the ram, a copper shim plus quality thermal paste could bring down load temps of the by five degrees Celsius when docked which would ultimately prolong the life of the Switch.
You do realize that's the emi shield?
You'll need to find a copper piece that fits well, since there's the heatsink.
Milling your own heatsink would be better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.