Homebrew RELEASE Switch Remote Play - Stream your PC to your Switch

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Moe, this is a fantastic app - I was so gutted that Moonlight was NVIDIA only and this is a godsend for my AMD card.

I'm having an issue though! A lot of the games I'm trying to stream don't work with the Desktop resolution on 1280x720. The stream will start fine with the Windows desktop adjusting and streaming correctly, but as soon as you open the game (Divinity Original Sin, Civilization IV and VI, for example) they seem to override things and instead cause the resolution to be massive but only shows the top left corner (both on the Switch and on my PC screen - which is 1920x1080 native). After that, even if you quit the game, the streaming maintains that resolution and view on the Windows desktop and anything else you open subsequently.

Any idea how to fix that?

If I change the Desktop resolution to 1920x1080, everything works correctly - but it's definitely more latency!

EDIT: If I set the resolution of the game to 1280x720 before I start the stream, it'll work perfectly for the game. Once the game closes, though, the desktop will be the wrong resolution. Stop and resuming the stream fixes that. So it's definitely still very functional, just a bit fiddly. :)

Cheers! Us AMD card users is exactly who I had in mind for this. :)

As for the issue you're talking about, it is because the resolution gets changed by the game. I cannot stop other games from changing the resolution (without coding an infinite loop that always checks the monitor resolution and then forcefully changes it).

The fix to it is what you've mentioned, change the game's resolution ahead of time, or when the resolution changes in windows, go into Windows' settings and change the desktop resolution there.

Hope you're enjoying the program. The next update is gonna be a nice one!

support 4 player?

In the current release that is available, no there isn't support for multiple controllers yet.

The upcoming release will include multiple controllers (this includes single joycon support!). No ETA for it. You can see what is currently being worked on in the project's kanban board here: https://github.com/Moehammered/switch-remote-play/projects/1

Thanks for being patient.

Last edited by Moehammered,
Reactions: Imancol

Deleted member 568587

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see there's no support for multiple controllers, I actually don't want to use multiple controllers only Player 1 but I use a Mayflash adapter on my PC which defaults to player 1 always so when I connect Switch Remote Play it's always player 2 on PC and so most games don't work with the controls. Anything can be done about that?

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I see there's no support for multiple controllers, I actually don't want to use multiple controllers only Player 1 but I use a Mayflash adapter on my PC which defaults to player 1 always so when I connect Switch Remote Play it's always player 2 on PC and so most games don't work with the controls. Anything can be done about that?
No support for multiple controllers yet, that's correct. As for your issue, I'm not really sure if there's anything I can exactly do since if the adapter has that behaviour, it means it's doing something at the kernel or driver level and I can't help there.

Only thing I can do is recommend disconnecting the adapter from the PC, then trying to connect via my program. The driver and SDK I use for virtual controllers doesn't have the option to force a controller's port or number assignment (as it shouldn't, that should be the OS's job).

Sorry, can't help much aside from that. Hope you can find something online about fixing that adapter issue, or even if there's an open source implementation of the adapter's drivers. Good luck!

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In the current release that is available, no there isn't support for multiple controllers yet.

The upcoming release will include multiple controllers (this includes single joycon support!). No ETA for it. You can see what is currently being worked on in the project's kanban board here: https://github.com/Moehammered/switch-remote-play/projects/1

Thanks for being patient.
It is exactly what I saw, and sorry if my question of how to compile from your repo was inappropriate, I was really interested to see how it worked, since it would be very useful to share Start Valley from 4-player PC (Switch only supports 2 players)

Has anything been known about the distorted sound problem in dock mode? I had to use headphone speakers directly on the Switch to avoid this problem.

Reactions: Moehammered

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It is exactly what I saw, and sorry if my question of how to compile from your repo was inappropriate, I was really interested to see how it worked, since it would be very useful to share Start Valley from 4-player PC (Switch only supports 2 players)

Has anything been known about the distorted sound problem in dock mode? I had to use headphone speakers directly on the Switch to avoid this problem.
No worries. I just like to keep stuff like that to forums so they're documented for everyone and others can chime in and offer help too. :)

As for the audio issue, I have no clue why it is happening. My only guess is it has something to do with either the audio packets being queued up for playback, or the Switch going into a different audio mode when docked vs handheld. I personally cannot replicate the issue as I don't use my dock and have nothing to plug it into that has HDMI audio out.

May I ask, what does the distorted audio sound like? Is speech clear but with static interference? Or does speech sound odd or incomplete? I have no clue what the audio issue sounds like first hand.

The things I'm going to test for trying to fix that will be to re-implement audio playback but use the SDL_Audio library instead of manually handling and playing the audio packets with the Switch library functions. Since that's one of the differences I can see with other streaming programs.

My primary target is for handheld mode, so that's why this has taken a while. Thanks to everyone who's being patient with the docked audio issue. Hopefully the SDL_Audio re-write coming up solves it for everyone.

Last edited by Moehammered,

dixonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi,
thanks for making this, if I get this right this is only an option for inhome streaming, will there be an update for out of home streaming aswell?
Edit: Just tried this with the latest CFW Atmosphere and it can't find my pc, automatic ip or manual ip - the settings are set appropiately - moonlight works well but that doesn't support gyro so that's why I want to use this application instead.

Edit2: OHCRAP! I didn't notice the Feature list had "check boxes" when I finally get it to find my pc I found out gyro isn't supported, haha - is that on the to-do list? That would bring something no other streaming application provides right now, except perhaps steam link with a mobile phone.
I got this application to work, worked flawlessly on my end, great job!

I would love gyro support, that would make it superb!

Best regards,
Thanks again!

Last edited by dixonk,
Reactions: Moehammered

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi,
thanks for making this, if I get this right this is only an option for inhome streaming, will there be an update for out of home streaming aswell?
Edit: Just tried this with the latest CFW Atmosphere and it can't find my pc, automatic ip or manual ip - the settings are set appropiately - moonlight works well but that doesn't support gyro so that's why I want to use this application instead.

Edit2: OHCRAP! I didn't notice the Feature list had "check boxes" when I finally get it to find my pc I found out gyro isn't supported, haha - is that on the to-do list? That would bring something no other streaming application provides right now, except perhaps steam link with a mobile phone.
I got this application to work, worked flawlessly on my end, great job!

I would love gyro support, that would make it superb!

Best regards,
Thanks again!
Glad you got it working and are enjoying it! Gyro is planned, but there is no ETA. Eventually, implementing it will probably break compatibility with Windows 7 and 8 I think. So I want to first get the project to a nice place so Windows 7 and 8 users can still enjoy using this program with nice features before I introduce gyro and break compatibility.

Be sure to take a look at the projects section on the github page to see what is currently in the works.

ganesha011

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Help i cant stream my PC to my Switch.

When i Start the stream this error comes to the PC comand windows

Error number -138 occurred

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Help i cant stream my PC to my Switch.

When i Start the stream this error comes to the PC comand windows

Error number -138 occurred
Sorry to hear that. Sadly, you haven't provided enough information in order to help.
Can you please provide the following:
  • PC Hardware Configuration (CPU, GPU, RAM, Network Connection whether it is WiFi or Ethernet)
  • Switch Configuration (Atmosphere CFW version, System Firmware Version)
The only thing I can suggest to help for now is to make sure you installed all the required software on your PC, and that you try connecting via Manual IP mode. If it still fails, please either provide a screenshot of the command window when the error occurs or attach a text file with all the text from the command window.

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's been a while since the last release (July... wow) and that means there are a lot of changes. Finally, Switch Remote Play has reached v1.0.0! :)

Switch Remove Play - Version 1.0.0 (Windows)

The change list is huge, please see the release page for the full details and breakdown. The key changes are:
The wiki has been updated to include information about the new features. I've spent my whole weekend prepping this release, so I hope I didn't miss anything. :P

I'm going to take a small break (probably a couple weeks or less) then tackle one more feature before beginning work on the Linux project. When the Linux project starts, no updates will be made to the Windows version (except for major bug fixes). The audio issue will be tackled at a later date because it'll require a lot of re-writing from what I've experimented with. Considering my original plan was to have the Linux version available when Switch Remote Play matures, I'd like to prioritise that version now.

If there are any issues, feel free to post them here or open an issue on the github. Any feature suggestions are welcome too!

Thanks for waiting everyone.

Enjoy the release! :D

dixonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for updating your software, any chance this feature you're working on is adding gyro before venturing into the linux version? That would really spice things up :D
Cool of you making a port to linux aswell, whats the use case there? I've only messed with a pi so I wouldnt know :D

I'll update the program on my kids switches tonight :)

Thanks for your hard work I appreciate it!
Enjoy your break!

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for updating your software, any chance this feature you're working on is adding gyro before venturing into the linux version? That would really spice things up :D
Cool of you making a port to linux aswell, whats the use case there? I've only messed with a pi so I wouldnt know :D

I'll update the program on my kids switches tonight :)

Thanks for your hard work I appreciate it!
Enjoy your break!

Thank you. Hope you and your kids enjoy the added quality of life improvements. :)
As for gyro, I'll be looking into it and attempting a proof of concept for it. If the proof of concept works with minimal hassle, then yeah the next update will be gyro. Look forward to it!

As for why Linux? There are many Linux users who don't have a streaming client for the Switch. Only existing way for Linux is through Moonlight. So I'd like to make this work for Linux to solve the same issue I solved for Windows, which was there are no alternatives for AMD GPU users or users who don't have an NVIDIA GPU. Plus, programming for Linux is very enjoyable. :)

How to fix no audio in my switch? And disable audio/video on my pc when stream?

Sorry to hear the audio is not working. Please try reinstalling the screen capture software on your PC and try again. Check the wiki for 'Getting Started' to get a link to the screen capture software.
  • Please try re-installing the Screen Capture Recorder software
  • You cannot disable audio/video from the PC.
  • The program will mute your PC for you if audio is streaming to your Switch.
    • Please check 'config.ini' to see if you have 'Mute PC on Connect=yes;'
Hope that helps.

Hleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Good day. My problem is that on pc it always says "Looking for active network interfaces..." under "Network". I'm using Wi-Fi. Both switch-remote and ffmpeg are allowed in Windows Firewall. What am I doing wrong?
1641246340182.png

Adamados

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is there any way to achieve exactly the opposite of what this project offer?
I mean to play from PC the Switch games? i know one way is with usb-capture card but i would like something via network

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello everyone,

The sound doesn't work at all for me.
Could someone please help me?

@Adedy Hi there! Could you please tell me:
  • Does the stream start and connect successfully? (Can you see the picture on your Switch?)
  • Have you tried reinstalling the PC screen capture software shown in the getting started section of the wiki?
  • What OS are you using? (Windows 7, 8, or 10?)

Good day. My problem is that on pc it always says "Looking for active network interfaces..." under "Network". I'm using Wi-Fi. Both switch-remote and ffmpeg are allowed in Windows Firewall. What am I doing wrong?View attachment 292284
@Hleb Hey mate. I'm sorry my program is giving you trouble. It being stuck there is a bit odd and looks like a firewall issue. But if you're saying you've allowed them (both public and private access) then it shouldn't lock up there.
Could you make double sure that switch remote play is allowed in the firewall? Otherwise could you let me know what OS version you're using and if you're running something like a VPN whilst attempting to use switch remote play?

Hopefully we can figure this out for you/. :)

Is there any way to achieve exactly the opposite of what this project offer?
I mean to play from PC the Switch games? i know one way is with usb-capture card but i would like something via network
@Adamados There is a way to do something kind of like what you want. SysDVR is what you want to check out. Enjoy!

tlgug97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thank you for your work. I have a question: everything works fine but no audio is coming from my switch. What should I do ?

LOWtab

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello! the host does not start
Windows 10 pro 64 bit cpu: Phenom ii x4 970 ram: 4x2 gb ddr3. Internet works fine, i distribute from the phone
фывцфывцфывцф.png

Moehammered

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you for your work. I have a question: everything works fine but no audio is coming from my switch. What should I do ?

Thanks for the kind words @tlgug97 :)
Could you please tell me:
  • The system firmware for your Switch
  • The version of Atmosphere you're using
Aside from the above, can you try re-installing the screen capture recorder software that is described in the 'getting started' wiki page and try again? Let me know if the issue still continues.

Hello! the host does not start
Windows 10 pro 64 bit cpu: Phenom ii x4 970 ram: 4x2 gb ddr3. Internet works fine, i distribute from the phoneView attachment 295715

Sorry to see it's giving you trouble @LOWtab
Just to be sure, have you followed the wiki guide and allowed firewall access as shown in the PC setup page on the wiki?
Otherwise can you please double check the firewall settings as shown in this wiki page.

Can you still attempt to connect via Manual IP from the Switch and see if it succeeds? If it is stuck on Network it might still be OK to connect via manual mode.
If it doesn't connect in manual mode, can you tell me if you're using WiFi or ethernet?

Hopefully we can solve this issue for you. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: