Switch Pro controller on PC as XInput

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by yusuo, Apr 18, 2019.

1. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I've been using my Ps3 controller up until this point using SCPTools, however I would prefer to use the switch controller as it feels alot nicer.

I would like a way for the switch controller to be auto mapped as a Xbox controller. I've tried wiiunsoft but the install hides my Bluetooth dongle and so the program can't see the Bluetooth anymore.
    As soon as I uninstall Bluetooth is seen again and the controller works as normal

Does anyone know how I can get this working

Snugglevixen likes this.
  2. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower I am you.

Jan 17, 2015
    Canada
    I don't go map findin' behindin'
    You can automatically load a XInput profile in WiinUPro. If you'd like to use it wired, use this.
    Another option is to add the software to Steam and use that controller API.

3. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    I never managed to get WiinU Pro soft working (for my Wii U Pro or Switch Pro controllers), so I just bought a €20 Mayflash adapter on Amazon and it work fine.

4. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Oh, Windows can see the controller fine and it works, just the configuration is all over the place, I would prefer if Windows saw it as a Xbox controller and thus auto assign keys to the best of its ability.

Otherwise I have to do it on a game by game basis.

5. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    Steam is converting the Switch Pro Controller to XBox Controller if you have Big Picture enabled and something it works without BP too

6. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    It does, but it doesn't do it correctly, for example on ps3 controller X act as A

On switch pro controller Y acts as A

7. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    ohm you can edit this in the settings of BP

8. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    In the settings of BP?

9. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    @yusuo
    upload_2019-4-18_16-9-2.

10. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    OK, that's a steam config I guess. Sorry don't speak German, would that be universal for all games loaded via steam

11. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    sorry when my steam is german
    for that i created this red box

12. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Oh no its cool, I wasn't complaining about the German, I'll try and find the same setting on mine. I'm guessing it let's you remap the controller completly and all would be universal between all games

13. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    alternativly you can create own profiles i guess something like this is in there too

yusuo likes this.
  14. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Anybody else able to chime in on this the steam option is a good one, apart from games that don't initially come from steam, such as sekiro which apparently knows a controllers connected but won't react to it at all.
    I think it'll be easier if the pc just thinks it's an Xbox controller

15. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    The steam API is better for it, via steam you can even use and bind the gyro in the pro controller to do stuff. Don't have to, though.

Connect controller to PC, startm steam, enter Big Picture mode, go to settings (the small gear in the top right), then Controller Settings, and enable "Switch Pro Configuration Support". Now Steam will handle all the button config and bindings while it's active.

There's a sub-option called "Use Nintendo Button Layout" that i think is enabled by default, which switches the default A/B and X/Y bindings, so that on-screen prompts will match the physical button labels. You can disable that if you're more used to XBox style button layouts.

Any game you start through steam will have the pro controller Just Work, and through steam's per-game controller config you can customize the layouts individually. It even has the screenshot button, well, do screenshots by default, but you can bind it to whatever.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also i've been playing Sekiro for like 50 hours on a pro controller through steam, it works like a charm.

ganons likes this.