1. Skyrider1213

OP Skyrider1213 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey all, My switch pro controller stopped charging about a week ago, and I'd like to attempt to repair it. Please bear with me as I'm not super experienced with repairing electronics, however I'd like to learn and figured this is a fairly low stakes way to start

As the title says, the controller does work when the battery is charged, however I'm not able to charge through the USB c port. Is there a way to test whether there is an input voltage with a Multimeter?
    If not what would be another likely cause for it not charging?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Have you tried a different cable or moving it around ?

I’ve found that the usb c ports can come loose quite easily causing connections issues unless you put pressure on it just the right way

3. Skyrider1213

OP Skyrider1213 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yea, no cigar. My phone does the same thing with USB c, so I double checked the cables on that and they charge it just fine.

EDIT: I've tried re-pairing my controller to the console via the usb cable and It doesn't seem to work either. My PC doesn't seem to recognize it either, so possibly something wrong with the port itself?

Last edited by Skyrider1213, Aug 16, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controller, charging, battery