Homebrew Discussion Switch overclocking released (improved N64 & PSX emu)

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just boot time improvement, what does it have to do with PSP or overclocking ?

You had to have been following along to understand. I saw CTC mention 1600mhz with Minerva Training. Also, I read somewhere about the faster clock speed helping PSP on Horizon.

Last edited by DollyWhipDoll, , Reason: OS

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You had to have been following along to understand. I saw CTC mention 1600mhz with Minerva Training. Also, I read somewhere about the faster clock speed helping PSP on Horizon.
Switch's ram can already run at 1600mhz in horizon. And I think the Minerva stuff is mainly for things outside of horizon

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a compiled version or something?

one of the devs, m4xw, is sharing it on twitter...kind of. there was a user giving him unnecessary beef and being just a gigantic asshole, so i wouldn't be surprised if he wants to withhold it. i've asked m4xw politely for a compiled binary, and so have a couple of other people. he's sent it to one person so far but not myself.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
one of the devs, m4xw, is sharing it on twitter...kind of. there was a user giving him unnecessary beef and being just a gigantic asshole, so i wouldn't be surprised if he wants to withhold it. i've asked m4xw politely for a compiled binary, and so have a couple of other people. he's sent it to one person so far but not myself.
actually 2 but I am about to go to bed so..

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Mm...i see, by the way can someone ask those 2 if they can share it? Because m4xw are busy.

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Well doesnt matter its bad force people release something they dont want but already they have so its kind of annoying anyways its a matter of time, better get ready for smash :rofl2:

Last edited by Agusto101,

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just started playing super mario 64 on my switch and i'm already impressed by the framerate!!! wonder if banjo-tooie works.............no matter how hard i try, i can NOT get that game to boot on my wii u (but banjo-kazooie is fine) so it'd be so nice to finally be able to play it on a console.

Reactions: Agusto101

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I’m guess pcvSetClockRate(PcvModule::PcvModule_Cpu, 1785000000) MAX safe speed ?

Pretty sure 1.78Ghz is not a safe speed and will probably cause the battery to overheat and fail.

Also for anyone complaining about this not being implemented by @mx4w or whatever, setting a single speed like that patch is a hack. The ideal way to handle it would be a menu in RA, or even better a KIP that can control the speed globally.

Aside from that, the original clock speed isn't restored correctly in handheld mode in that patch. What it *should* do is use pcvGetClockRate before the first pcvSetClockRate and restore that value on exit.

Reactions: tiliarou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1