Switch Only Charging with one site USB c plugged

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by nerirififi, May 21, 2019.

1. nerirififi
    OP

nerirififi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2015
    France
    Hello,

I got a problem with a switch console.
    I replace the M92T36 and the P13USB chip.

After that console charging good, but i had a black screen when the console was plugged to the dock.

So i check every HDMI filter in the side of P13 USB and all was fine.

I decided to replace the P13USB again with a new one, but now the console only charging when i plug the usb C cable in One specific Side.

I can only charge with an USB C cable connected with a computer, the Nintendo Switch official doesn't charge, he don't send anything, so i think the console doesn't send the info for charging.

I put the console in RCM mode and check with hekate, at the first startup i got over 1100 Ma of charging few times, after i remove the usb cable and put in again the value was normal approcimatively 120 ma

I can put the console in RCM mode with USB connected in the side i want.

I don't know where the problem come from.

vastrolorde likes this.
  2. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    If you want, I can help via Discord

3. nerirififi
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2015
    France

It will be a pleasure to share some information.

It s ok, for the Dock function now it s work ;)

There is a small trick i understand, when you have to change the P13USB.
    Remove all the solder at the center of the motherboard, like that the chip is much easier to solder.

but the usb C charge only and share information only with one side.
    I made a mistacke in my first post, the Original Adaptor charge in one side.
    I precise, the usb c NEVER be changed, he is perfectly clean !

4. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    When you replace SMD ICs like such you need to use wick to completely remove the solder while using flux to ensure it is clean, then apply a tiny amount of new solder when placing the replacement IC on, if you didn't do this then you may not have correctly replaced it.

5. nerirififi
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2015
    France

Do you have an idea of the component who manage the side of usb charging ?

I had to remove a small part of the dock, and i have to plug the switch on opposite side for dock working.

It s not the first switch i see with this problem.

6. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    So power management is handled via the M92T, so the M92T will regulate the output while the BQ handles some USB OTG stuff, allowing power to pass through VBUS to charge the switch and also lets the switch know the charging status, the P13USB IC handles Audio & Video output as far as I'm aware, most likely does more but when it comes to charging and power management it's the M92T that acts as a regulator & distrubutor and the BQ that acts as a gate while doing some USB OTG stuff and info stuff.

7. Onlyd

Onlyd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2019
    United States
    Pa
    If it’s only one sided aka you flip the usb plug around and it works it could be the usbc port

8. jwcgator

jwcgator GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2007
    United States
    Hate to bump an old topic but I was wondering if anyone else has any thought on this? I have a client's switch that was exhibiting similar behavior (this one isn't charging with the nintendo adapter and will only charge on one side of a regular USBC Cable.) I replaced the charging port and the behavior is still the same.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted