Hardware Switch only boots with Sx dongle

JackinTheBox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch ver 1 only boots with the Sx dongle and without jig tool nor volume up. I can't boot OFW normally unless I put the dongle and just press power and it goes to tolhe recovery mode SX OS . From there I have access to CFW and OFW. Idk it the contacts where you place the jig is stuck or damaged because it keeps booting in recovery mode. Any ideas?? I have never seen this before and I cant find a thread about it.

Last edited by JackinTheBox,

JackinTheBox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have autorcm on
Yes, always.But before that it could boot normally to OFW by just pressing the power button after a full shutdown. Im doing a nand recovery even though I I can go to OFW through SX at recovry mode. The weird thing is that put the dongle and just press power and it goes to SX Os

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can't boot with just power to OFW with autorcm enabled, you need a payload so if you could then you didn't have autorcm, if you need the injector then autorcm is on

JackinTheBox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't boot with just power to OFW with autorcm enabled, you need a payload so if you could then you didn't have autorcm, if you need the injector then autorcm is on
I used to boot with just the power button normally without the dongle inserted. When I put the dongle it turn on even without pressing the on button. I noticed that when I turn it on, rcm is always enabled. Let me explain well, if I no longer want to use SX OS,the Switch no longer turns on normally unless I put the dongle

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I used to shutdown the system completely and when I forgot to put the jig, the console would turn on with OWF, and I would have to turn it off again. Now it doesnt turn on with power button alone. When I insert the dongle, it turn on to SX OS and I dont have to press power, up button and jig inserted.....so weird. It feel that it is stuck in recovery mode

JackinTheBox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah then you need to disable autorcm
Im trying, but everytime I disable it and go to OFW or CFW and turn it off and on, RCM is enabled.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah then you need to disable autorcm
I took out the micro sd...everything to turn on like if it was new from factory, but nothing. I hope is no hardware issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lmao