Switch Online Family Plan ban

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by 2112TomSawyer, Oct 15, 2018.

1. 2112TomSawyer
    OP

2112TomSawyer Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    United States
    I'm on a famly plan with 7 other people and I want to try loading and using mods for my games. If I were to load mods for Zelda and eventually Smash onto my switch, (texture and model edits only, no mechanical changes, no hitbox changes, etc...) would I run the risk of getting myself or anyone else on the family plan banned? Are texture and model modes even detectable?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  3. padooo

padooo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Any kind of modding and/or changes to the original system could lead to a ban.

We don't have enough information yet but personally I don't think that if you get banned and you are the family subscription admin will lead the other family plan members to a ban.

4. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    You will certainly get banned. No felony is small in this medium. You manipulate, you get sent away.

5. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    I thought "everyone" was quite certain that Nintendo was only banning console certs. Meaning that family or not is basically irrelevant, its just the one console that will be rendered useless for online.

6. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Pretty sure everyone else will be okay, you might get banned though.