Hacking Switch on 6.2 has a system update?

theking1987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My switch is on 6.2 but it gives me a message of a system update.
I got it when i inserted a micro sd card for the first time.
Is it safe to install?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this really an exfat update because I recently updated to 6.2 from 5.1. on 5.1 I was exfat before i formatted my sd card to fat32. updated to 6.2 using choidujournx.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
is this really an exfat update because I recently updated to 6.2 from 5.1. on 5.1 I was exfat before i formatted my sd card to fat32. updated to 6.2 using choidujournx.
When you update using ChoiDuJourNX, you have to choose the version with (exFat) to the right, even if you had exfat on your previous version. I accidentally chose the non-exfat 6.2 and had to format my 128gb card(2 hours of backing up and copying my files back) to fat32 to reupdate my system with the exfat one.

Reactions: fst312

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you update using ChoiDuJourNX, you have to choose the version with (exFat) to the right, even if you had exfat on your previous version. I accidentally chose the non-exfat 6.2 and had to format my 128gb card(2 hours of backing up and copying my files back) to fat32 to reupdate my system with the exfat one.
Thanks for replying I was worried if I did the update from the switch I would burn fuses and I really want to avoid that just in case something good comes out for 5.x and below.
Seems I did the same thing didn’t realize it made a difference. I thought the exfat option was for exfat users. I didn’t bother deleting my sad card though. I lost my data like two times when I was an exfat user and I just took my chances and redid the update since I already had my 6.2 firmware backed up,hopefully no issues occur with the way I updated.I hate waiting 2 hours putting all my files back in my sad card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-