Switch OLED modchip blinking red and not launching

SMRTG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Context: Switch was sitting nice and vibing on sleep mode, and when I turned it on, it showed a hard crash, of which I forgot to write down, and needed to restart. Obviously since I'm here it didn't, and my modchip flashes purple then flashes red.
I have seen the DAT0 maybe coming loose stuff, and I will give it to the guy that did the installation, but the reason I am making this post is because the red light doesn't stay on. It blinks about 5 times then turns off. Switch DOESN'T turn off automatically after that, I have to hold it for the 12 seconds.

I will be updating the firmware on the modchip this weekend, cause apparently it has a *very* old firmware (I don't get any different results when trying to boot without the SD).

Could something else be the issue or is it just some cable that came loose and needs reseating?
Edit: After reseting the chip, it now flashes green 3 times, then red once and it repeats indefinitely.

Last edited by SMRTG,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1678896767765.png

According to this it point to issue with CLK, DAT0, or CMD connection, or bad eMMC, in your case it is probably DAT0 like you mentioned.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I thought this graph meant the red light would stay on if it was the eMMC error, but mine blinks. That's why I was confused

DAT0 apply to this, since you said it is possibly DAT0, outside of toolbox mode the only way it flash red is those specific problems.

SMRTG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
DAT0 apply to this, since you said it is possibly DAT0, outside of toolbox mode the only way it flash red is those specific problems.
Ah okay, so it's the colour that matters when not in USB mode nor Glitching, but not if it's blinking or not

Warbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's also worth doing a reset on the hwfly before checking solder connections the older hwfly fw was known to cause problems after updating system fw

SMRTG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's also worth doing a reset on the hwfly before checking solder connections the older hwfly fw was known to cause problems after updating system fw
How would I go about doing that?
Post automatically merged:

Since the glitch is failing, should the switch boot into OFW? Or it just sits there doing nothing?

Warbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How would I go about doing that?
Post automatically merged:

Since the glitch is failing, should the switch boot into OFW? Or it just sits there doing nothing?

If a reset doesn't solve it check all points with a multimeter

SMRTG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

If a reset doesn't solve it check all points with a multimeter

I did the reset, got the blue light, and after restarting it's pulsing green and then turning red before pulsing green again and it keeps happening over and over. I don't think this is normal training

TypicalPakeha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a similar issue. Sometimes it will boot to the instinct perfectly. But if I turn off and then back on, it’s random as to whether it goes back to the instinct screen , or if it flashes red and boots to ofw.

Would mine be CLK, Dat0, or CMD too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0