Hardware Switch OLED Hardware Revision(s)

steakk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that the OLED Switch had a single motherboard revision at this point in time; the HEG-CPU-01. Looking around online, that is the only model I am able to find. But, when I went looking for a replacement for my motherboard, I happened to glance at the board and see it is labeled as HEG-CPU-10. It is labeled that way on Side A and Side B. I highly doubt that Nintendo would have let an error in their PCB masking go un-noticed, so I am forced to ask: What's up with the HEG-CPU-10 board that I have?

Did Nintendo change the revision of the board simply because it was the Zelda themed OLED? That seems somewhat unlikely to me.

Did Nintendo change the clad text on the board just to indicate that it was used in the Zelda OLED production run? That seems a tad more likely.

Thoughts?

The image here is of my motherboard, which clearly shows HEG-CPU-10 in clad text.
HEG-CPU-10.png

Reactions: essence25

essence25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On -10 the serial # starts with XTJ where the others CPU-01 is XTW...but not sure
What is your serial number first 3 letters?
Its not just Zelda, my Pokemon Scarlet has the HEG-CPU-10 and came with FW v15.0.0
Also the color of the CPU-10 board is lighter green vs darker on CPU-01.
Either boards will work in your console, I tested both.

Last edited by essence25,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch