Status
Not open for further replies.

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tool do allow the user to set wattage on the fly?

My intention is to lower the TDP on less demanding games, so if adjusting the wattage is not possible, power saving presets will do.
Kinda?
I mean you can set certain frequencies which well inherently lower the power draw, but as for a set toggle of a certain wattage, its not really there yet.

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This tool do allow the user to set wattage on the fly?

My intention is to lower the TDP on less demanding games, so if adjusting the wattage is not possible, power saving presets will do.
Just got ninja'd lol to add to this you can see your approximate power draw in Wattss using Switch OC-Suite as well under Misc.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Kinda?
I mean you can set certain frequencies which well inherently lower the power draw, but as for a set toggle of a certain wattage, its not really there yet.

Just got ninja'd lol to add to this you can see your approximate power draw in Wattss using Switch OC-Suite as well under Misc.

Thank you guys for the light-speed answers. So it does just what I want, but it will show frequencies firsts, and the wattage on the end of the setup. I think that's it right?

Can I save presets after I done? I mean, to quick swap in and out the slow mode (sorry about the silliness of my question, is just that the tool is there on the overlay, It's tempting to be lazy :P)

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you guys for the light-speed answers. So it does just what I want, but it will show frequencies firsts, and the wattage on the end of the setup. I think that's it right?

Can I save presets after I done? I mean, to quick swap in and out the slow mode (sorry about the silliness of my question, is just that the tool is there on the overlay, It's tempting to be lazy :P)
You'll be able to see the total Watt usage on Misc, whenever you want. You should check it after you've adjusted your frequencies to want you want. @Anxiety_timmy did some watt measurements on CPU load and clocks and this is what he found: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-oc-suite.625066/post-10075701

Switch-OC-Suite because really it is a fork of sys-clk lets you set profiles per game to do the quick swap thing. Once you set the clocks you desire it will automatically save.
1. Open up Tesla Menu once in game using L+D-Pad Down+Right Stick Click.
2. Choose sys-clk OC from the Tesla menu
3. Ensure it is enabled
4. Edit clocks and other settings

Venomzver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch-OC-Suite
I do not understand English well, please tell me what should I put in dram 0,1,2? I understand that 1 is better than 0, but I don’t understand how 2 is better than 1. how do they differ? translator did not save.

Attachments

• 66950C59-846B-4F55-9477-17F4D76275D6.png
    66950C59-846B-4F55-9477-17F4D76275D6.png
    441.7 KB · Views: 58

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do not understand English well, please tell me what should I put in dram 0,1,2? I understand that 1 is better than 0, but I don’t understand how 2 is better than 1. how do they differ? translator did not save.
2 is what you should set it too if you want extra performance. 1 is bad and doesn't work from what I've heard and 0 is the safe default.

Reactions: Venomzver

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So some people used online configurator with barely any freedom to customize anything for your specific hardware and already made some corruption of OS? Well i guess they never really read this disclaimer daaamn.
imagine if there's more freedom to customize in this configurator? you will be multiplying your sweet screenshots..........
That's exactly what I want, freedom to push my switch to the absolute point I want, but for me I really wanted is undervolting to the lowest voltage for each frequency to the point I get no performance decrease, it's probably pointless in terms of power saving, but it's where all the fun isB-)

Really wish I had all those options:wink:
Too bad you go along with the propaganda you are told from all the holes and decide to be a Nazi. and relogin...
That word is sadly being used a lot lately by someone known... The thing is that "Nazi" thing all started by first getting a common fictitious enemy and then making some nice fake content to make everyone feel happy in invading some random country and bam it all started...:(
If you have Switch V1 It seems all of them don't affect performance or if it affects it's pretty much unnoticeable at least on my switch on tinymemtest app, I tested them all and they were pretty much all within margin of error with very minimal differences...

Last edited by guily6669,

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have Switch V1 It seems all of them don't affect performance or if it affects it's pretty much unnoticeable at least on my switch on tinymemtest app, I tested them all and they were pretty much all within margin of error with very minimal differences...
The auto adjust settings have no impact on V1 they only impact Mariko.
Post automatically merged:

@guilty6669

EDIT: Go to RetroNX discord and look at oc-dicussion for conversation. I misunderstood some things about undervolting.
I will no longer be commenting about undervolting and overvolting besides saying it should be done on a per unit basis due to speedo and that on the best possible bin on safe clocks (1785/921/1600) you aren't going to even save a whole watt because it is complicated. Look at what the people who know what they are talking about say.
[/SPOILER]

Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,
Reactions: AngryCinnabon

joeling2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hola, utilizo Switch-OC-Suite hace un tiempo y me encanta, lamentablemente en la actualizuacion de hos 16 ya no funciona. eliminé loader.kip para lograr inicias atmo

Last edited by joeling2,
Reactions: guily6669

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
hola, utilizo Switch-OC-Suite hace un tiempo y me encanta, lamentablemente en la actualizuacion de hos 16 ya no funciona. eliminé loader.kip para lograr inicias atmo
The staff prefer if English is used. But I translated what you asked so...
There isn't support for 16 at the moment, just wait for an update.

Animage55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried using the ram overclock in links awakening? Does it more or less eliminate all the slow down that happens in that game? Or at least in the swamp area?

Ashvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Just a quick question, overclocking currently don't work with the latest update for HOS right?

Edit: My bad, just saw a similar question asked in the previous replies. Disregard this.

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone has reported that regular sys-clk is broken on 16. Sorry about that. I think it broke most homebrew.
Yeah. I don't know if this is already mentioned. But when I updated to Firmware Firmware 16.0.0, when rebooted it just showed the Hekate bootloading screen and then just black. I had to remove a line from the hekate_ipl.ini file in my case.

Code:
[CFW (EMUMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip < Removed
kip1patch=nosigchk
fss0experimental=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

And then I could booted normally. I also needed to remove the 420000000007E51A folder. It's tesla, but that's not relevant for this.

Reactions: ChanseyIsTheBest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1