Switch not powering on

D3N2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've recently followed the Rentry EristaEmuNAND guide and setup exactly as specified and have been using the Switch happily with no real issues, using Tinfoil, etc.

Prior to hacking I had parental controls enabled with a timer which I wanted to remove, so I went into settings and attempted to remove, but turns out it requires connection to Nintendo servers to complete the process so I cancelled out of the settings and resumed normal use. I then noticed however that when entering the settings and scrolling down the list I'd get an Atmosphere crash screen (didn't note down the error) so assumed this would be because I attempted to disable parental controls and it bugged out when attempting to access Nintendo servers. My thinking was therefore to power off the Switch and enter OFW, then disable parental controls, but upon turning off the Switch and attempting to power on again I'm not getting anything on-screen, it's just black. I figured it might just be because it's in RCM or similar, but TegraRCMGUI isn't detecting it either when attempting Vol+&Power. Anyone have any ideas it'd be greatly appreciated!

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does the battery definitely have a charge?

Try holding down the power button for around 20 seconds to make sure the switch is completely off. Then try turning it back on normally.

If that doesn't work. Power off for 20 seconds again and then try using Power and Vol.

D3N2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try VOL- &POWER for RCM
Just tried this, no luck I'm afraid.

Does the battery definitely have a charge?

Try holding down the power button for around 20 seconds to make sure the switch is completely off. Then try turning it back on normally.

If that doesn't work. Power off for 20 seconds again and then try using Power and Vol.
I believe so, it was connected in the dock overnight but maybe it wasn't seated correctly - I've plugged it directly into the power adapter for now to get some charge for a few hours. I've also tried the power & vol and other combinations but unfortunately still isn't being detected.

Even Windows doesn't show the APX driver in Device Manager whilst connected so I'm assuming the device is off.

I just realised however, that in step 3 of the Rentry guide "EristaEmuNAND" it suggests creating a default.txt file with the following:
# Block Nintendo Servers
127 etc etc

Having just checked the files on my SD card however I had this in a default.INI file and a default.txt file that just had some default text in, not the #Block Nintendo Servers hosts. I now can't recall if I created a default.ini file originally by mistake or if the INI file gets generated automatically based on me having created a default.txt file.. not sure if this would have anything to do with it and maybe Nintendo have bricked my device? Is that possible?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this, no luck I'm afraid.

I believe so, it was connected in the dock overnight but maybe it wasn't seated correctly - I've plugged it directly into the power adapter for now to get some charge for a few hours. I've also tried the power & vol and other combinations but unfortunately still isn't being detected.

Even Windows doesn't show the APX driver in Device Manager whilst connected so I'm assuming the device is off.

I just realised however, that in step 3 of the Rentry guide "EristaEmuNAND" it suggests creating a default.txt file with the following:
# Block Nintendo Servers
127 etc etc

Having just checked the files on my SD card however I had this in a default.INI file and a default.txt file that just had some default text in, not the #Block Nintendo Servers hosts. I now can't recall if I created a default.ini file originally by mistake or if the INI file gets generated automatically based on me having created a default.txt file.. not sure if this would have anything to do with it and maybe Nintendo have bricked my device? Is that possible?
Nintendo would never ever brick a device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...