Hardware Switch not detected by PC, advice needed please.

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I bought a switch off of eBay that “wasn’t docking” but worked other than that, the docking was the only issue. After replacing the charging port the switch now docks but I’ve noticed the switch itself doesn’t actually get recognized by my pc.

Things To keep in mind:
- the cable between the pc and switch is fine
- I believe the charging port was soldered on correctly
- the PC charges the switch when connected

Any advice? Has anyone ran into this issue before and fixed it? The reason I would like the switch to be detected is because I’d like to run CFW on it (yes it’s an unpatched unit)

rzkruspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there’s continuity between d+/d- with their respective pins on the charging port
The test points by the connector go directly to the connector, that continuity test doesn't tell you much.
Do a diode mode measurement on these test points, you should get around 0.8 on both d+ and d-.
Also check continuity across the little filter that is near the TPs.

Reactions: doom95

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Circuit is just like a pipe flowing with water. You cant just check the exit end to see if the pipe still in good shape or not(continuity mode). You indeed need to check if water flows to the exit(diode mode) . Sometime may the valve control been shut/clogged (choke filter) or there a'nt any water coming out of CPU(data line opened/OL from CPU).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s