Hardware Switch not booting into Horizon OS, RCM still working

LOCtronics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was doing some tests on my motherboard and accidently attached the motherboard the other way round in the dock. Just the mainboard stripped from the Switch unit itself.

Since then it can't load into horizon. Access to the nand via RCM still works. But everytime I tried to boot directly into Horizon there is nothing. Screen does not light up and I can't do anything.

I think maybe I damaged some parts while I reverse connected the dock station. I wanted to see if I could strip down the Switch and wired it directly to the dock without a LCD, touchscreen and battery. Pure for home console usage.

The nand chip itself works. But I get the feeling my nand is now corrupt from all the recovering and messing around. I can't extract package 2 from boot0 to get my complete key set for a nand rebuild.

I have my keys as do I have a nand dump raw, boot1&2.

I'm at a loss what to do to recover the board. If anyone has any idea's let me know.

Last edited by LOCtronics,

LOCtronics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bump. Anyone have any idea's to fix this issue? If a Switch doesn't boot anything (no switch logo, no nintendo logo) what could be the cause of the problem.

RCM mode works but can't boot any cfw nor can I boot horizon like normal.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was doing some tests on my motherboard and accidently attached the motherboard the other way round in the dock. Just the mainboard stripped from the Switch unit itself.

Since then it can't load into horizon. Access to the nand via RCM still works. But everytime I tried to boot directly into Horizon there is nothing. Screen does not light up and I can't do anything.

I think maybe I damaged some parts while I reverse connected the dock station. I wanted to see if I could strip down the Switch and wired it directly to the dock without a LCD, touchscreen and battery. Pure for home console usage.

The nand chip itself works. But I get the feeling my nand is now corrupt from all the recovering and messing around. I can't extract package 2 from boot0 to get my complete key set for a nand rebuild.

I have my keys as do I have a nand dump raw, boot1&2.

I'm at a loss what to do to recover the board. If anyone has any idea's let me know.
The USB-C connector can be used both ways, that's part of the design, even if the dock would not normally let you do that. Your issue definitely has nothing to do with that.

Reactions: Agilato

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump. Anyone have any idea's to fix this issue? If a Switch doesn't boot anything (no switch logo, no nintendo logo) what could be the cause of the problem.

RCM mode works but can't boot any cfw nor can I boot horizon like normal.

I have one switch with exactly the same problem, it's boots RCM and shows all the info in hekate but nothing appears on the screen in regular boot, and yes you should be able to connect docking station other way round, that the way it's designed. There is a ton of reports from people who was able to use it other way in small case modifications.

LOCtronics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok that's great so I know it has nothing to do with that.

How the problem originated was when I had a trinket modchip installed. It never had any issues and then suddenly one day it didn't boot anymore. This was the same day I was messing with the motherboard and the dock. Hence why I thought it had something to do with this.

All the external parts all work because I have already swapped over another motherboard and restored it's nand dump to my old nand module. This then booted fine and everything worked as normal. I then restored back the old nand to the old board and the problem is still the same on the old board .

From what I have been reading if nothing shows up at boot it is pointing to a hardware failure but I have no idea what exactly could be the problem.

Is there a specific order of components I need to check for bridges or other problems? I can prod around to see if something is not right if I know where to look:lol:

Last edited by LOCtronics,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool