Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i looked into the forum about the written guides. could i use this one here and use DNS MITM instead of 90dns like the guide in this link says?
You can but it will accomplish the same thing as 90DNS and prevent you from playing online. Also please use this thread for future responses. There is no need to make a new thread nor continue using your newly created thread.
gotcha - very limited space? but at this stage im not really sure just how big the switch games actually are?!

i know on the wii u there were some very large games and fat32 would never have been suffiecient enough
Switch games come in a very large variety of sizes. While some can be as big as 20 GB, others are as small as less than 1 GB.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can but it will accomplish the same thing as 90DNS and prevent you from playing online. Also please use this thread for future responses. There is no need to make a new thread nor continue using your newly created thread.

Switch games come in a very large variety of sizes. While some can be as big as 20 GB, others are as small as less than 1 GB.
this sounds like a limitation when compared to modding the wii u.

on the wii u i got over 100 games and a 2TB drive, the size of a game is not an issue

on the switch it sounds like you'll only have space for a few pretty decent titles that are large in space.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sounds like a limitation when compared to modding the wii u.

on the wii u i got over 100 games and a 2TB drive, the size of a game is not an issue

on the switch it sounds like you'll only have space for a few pretty decent titles that are large in space.
That is because Nintendo decided to only support HDDs with the Wii U and not the Switch. However, SD cards can go up to 2 TBs as well though they may not be as cheap as a 2 TB HDD.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what is the general problem with having an exfat sd card? Do some users experience issues? While others seem to be okay?

What has everyone else generally done regarding this? The guide I read earlier on did not suggest either unless i am mistaken.

RJMayhem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i hear ya but isnt there a limit on file size for fat 32?

how big are the games generally for the switch?

When you install a Switch game it isn't a single file but a bunch of smaller files so fat32 is fine. I would recommend using Awoo Installer with NS-USBloader to install the games to you switch using USB.

I would also recommend using this guide. https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Last edited by RJMayhem,

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you install a Switch game it isn't a single file but a bunch of smaller files so fat32 is fine. I would recommend using Awoo Installer with NS-USBloader to install the games to you switch using USB.

I would also recommend using this guide. https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

Is there a guide to use the awoo installer and ns-usb and btw in ur exp how big are these files for the major hit games?

Im looking foward to playing the big hit titles the most as u can imagine

RJMayhem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide to use the awoo installer and ns-usb and btw in ur exp how big are these files for the major hit games?

Im looking foward to playing the big hit titles the most as u can imagine
Youtube should have guides its pretty simple. They really range but if I had to put a number I'd say 15gb really anywhere from 8-32gb (Biggest gave I've seen is Witcher 3 at 32GB) Some games also have small install with big updates. Like BiosShock Collection has a ~15GB install then ~32GB updates.

I've read your original post & from it sounds like your switch doesn't have the ExFat patch. It's a optional patch that is required to use ExFat MicroSd cards. That's why its asking for a update when you insert your MSD. Switch to Fat32 should fix that issue. Thier is a way to get it without connection to Nintendo servers. Look Up Daybreak for the switch.

The only reason to use ExFat on the Switch is if your using SXOS.

Last edited by RJMayhem,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the general problem with having an exfat sd card? Do some users experience issues? While others seem to be okay?

What has everyone else generally done regarding this? The guide I read earlier on did not suggest either unless i am mistaken.
As I mentioned before, exFAT can corrupt your SD card. While it doesn't happen to everyone, it has been verified by developers and other Switch experts because the corruption is due to Nintendo implementing subpar exFAT drivers for the console. Regardless if you believe it or not, there is no corruption with FAT32 plus the methods to bypass the 4 GB file limit on FAT32 are better to use than manually copying the game files to the SD card so its a no brainer to use FAT32

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok thanks guys

I dont mind using fat 32
As long as it dont limit me to be able to install say only 4 decent games to the system memory at a time.

But the way it has explained and hopefully due to learn that unlike the switch, these games come in multiple files
So in theory if the files are less than 4gb then it should be fine to actually install all of the major titles on my 512gb card

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks guys

I dont mind using fat 32
As long as it dont limit me to be able to install say only 4 decent games to the system memory at a time.

But the way it has explained and hopefully due to learn that unlike the switch, these games come in multiple files
So in theory if the files are less than 4gb then it should be fine to actually install all of the major titles on my 512gb card

You can install games that are over 4GB even if you are on FAT32, you just have to do usb install.

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to update my switch and its sort of a Frankenstein of old and new hacked stuff. Currently it's not booting and giving me various errors since I accidentally updated the firmware through the system popup. I'm wanting to start over from scratch, but I have a question

Can I just format the SD card to wipe all data and then start from there? since I cant get into the main menu idk if the switch itself needs to create any folders to work correctly or anything

also wondering if I backup my Nintendo folder before formatting if that'll keep my saves?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm trying to update my switch and its sort of a Frankenstein of old and new hacked stuff. Currently it's not booting and giving me various errors since I accidentally updated the firmware through the system popup. I'm wanting to start over from scratch, but I have a question

Can I just format the SD card to wipe all data and then start from there? since I cant get into the main menu idk if the switch itself needs to create any folders to work correctly or anything

also wondering if I backup my Nintendo folder before formatting if that'll keep my saves?
It's time to restore the NAND backup you made before hacking your Switch, the one every guides tell you to do first. Or do you mean to tell us you forgot to make one?

Quattro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, newb here, I have a Gemma M0. I'd like to flash some boot firmware onto it and use it as an External boot device. I also have the usb piece and a battery for it. I'm pretty new so I guess if there are some instructions somewhere that anyone knows to point me to, that would be great. Everything on here seems to be about installing these internally.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, newb here, I have a Gemma M0. I'd like to flash some boot firmware onto it and use it as an External boot device. I also have the usb piece and a battery for it. I'm pretty new so I guess if there are some instructions somewhere that anyone knows to point me to, that would be great. Everything on here seems to be about installing these internally.

You can get your software here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/trinket...software-new-fusee_suite-uf2-packages.553998/

Quattro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I've downloaded parts 1 & 2. So, do I need an Arduino to flash? I'm reading the stuff on that page regarding controls...??

Ghxstly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh hi when I click 'inject payload' in the app it says "Payload successfully injected" but atmosphere doesn't boot. Can anyone help me out?

Niyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello!

I'm a newbie, I've read the FAQ and I've noticed there's nothing related to modchips, but everything about switch V1 modding...

I was thinking of buying an OLED for many reasons:

1. I own a v2 switch
2. Modchip is required for nslite and v2-v3 (the Caffeine warnings scared me), so to avoid moving data etc... I might as well modchip the latest model for better performance
3. OLED is just beautiful, and I would be collecting nintendo consoles which has been a passion of mine.

Besides modding v1 switch and nds, I have no experience in modding, and it would be my first time with a modchip, that I would make someone else, more experienced than me, install it

Now to the core of the question:

Where do I buy one? I found hwfly 4.1, on the well known chinese site (i dont know if I'm allowed to mention names)

I don't know if I can even ask it as I found nothing on the forum about it, so feel free to delete if necessary

Thank you everyone for your attention!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I'm a newbie, I've read the FAQ and I've noticed there's nothing related to modchips, but everything about switch V1 modding...

I was thinking of buying an OLED for many reasons:

1. I own a v2 switch
2. Modchip is required for nslite and v2-v3 (the Caffeine warnings scared me), so to avoid moving data etc... I might as well modchip the latest model for better performance
3. OLED is just beautiful, and I would be collecting nintendo consoles which has been a passion of mine.

Besides modding v1 switch and nds, I have no experience in modding, and it would be my first time with a modchip, that I would make someone else, more experienced than me, install it

Now to the core of the question:

Where do I buy one? I found hwfly 4.1, on the well known chinese site (i dont know if I'm allowed to mention names)

I don't know if I can even ask it as I found nothing on the forum about it, so feel free to delete if necessary

Thank you everyone for your attention!

Your source would be like aliexpress, ebay etc if it was the chip or you can buy a pre modded oled.

Niyoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your source would be like aliexpress, ebay etc if it was the chip or you can buy a pre modded oled.
So it's the hwfly 4.1 safe despite the v5 issue? I found it on aliexpress, from what they say its the official store. I also heard they can't be upgraded if they dont have Space(sth) v2, since it's quite expensive i dont wanna risk it. Do I have any other choices besides hwfly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo