Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
I have emummc set up through a pack called UP I found a long time ago. I then used daybreak to update to 14.0 but everything’s broken and won’t launch. Cant even boot into cfw. How can I reinstall atmosphere / ctcaer without blowing up emummc and losing my saves?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have emummc set up through a pack called UP I found a long time ago. I then used daybreak to update to 14.0 but everything’s broken and won’t launch. Cant even boot into cfw. How can I reinstall atmosphere / ctcaer without blowing up emummc and losing my saves?
Did you update Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches after you updated firmware?

Heres a good place to start reading up on it all: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

edit: where we start depends upon the version of Atmosphere you were on before.

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
I did update all 3 and now ctcaer can’t boot into atmosphere. So I was thinking of deleting everything on the sd but didn’t wanna remove emummc

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did update all 3 and now ctcaer can’t boot into atmosphere. So I was thinking of deleting everything on the sd but didn’t wanna remove emummc

edit; before your erase anything. Please post the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

Is your emunand on a hidden partition or file system? If hidden partition, you can simply format the main partition using FAT32 and you’re ready to go. If you’re using file based partition you have to be more delicate.

An easy way to get where you want to be would be to make a /back directory on your sd card and move /atmosphere and /bootloader into the /back folder and start from there.

condor62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gbatemp, I recently updated my firmware to 14.0. Everything on the stock side is working fine along with emunand updated to 14 with hats. I cannot launch games under syscfw only homebrew. The games launch on stock fw and emunand but keep getting an error in syscfw. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue? Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gbatemp, I recently updated my firmware to 14.0. Everything on the stock side is working fine along with emunand updated to 14 with hats. I cannot launch games under syscfw only homebrew. The games launch on stock fw and emunand but keep getting an error in syscfw. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue? Thanks
Did you update sigpatches? Check my sig.

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches

Looks like hats has Sigpatches bundled? Going to check them out.

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just when you thought it was safe!

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.3.1

PSA: Do not update FW to 14.1.0 until other folks have fully tested everything!

What a waste of a release;

Ver. 14.1.0 (Released April 4, 2022)​

"Platinum Point Notification Settings" has been added under Notifications in System Settings.
  • Unclaimed Platinum Points earned from completing Nintendo Switch Online missions on your Nintendo Switch system will generate notifications.
  • Setting these notifications to OFF will hide the notification sent when there are unclaimed Platinum Points.

condor62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I updated the sig patches along with atmosphere. Have been booting from hekate (fusee) 5.7.2 payload from the release. I should note that gamecarts launch with no issue. I have tried reinstalling a few eshop titles and still none boot when on sysnand. If I figure out what to change/add i'll post what I find. Thanks again.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I updated the sig patches along with atmosphere. Have been booting from hekate (fusee) 5.7.2 payload from the release. I should note that gamecarts launch with no issue. I have tried reinstalling a few eshop titles and still none boot when on sysnand. If I figure out what to change/add i'll post what I find. Thanks again.
What is the error? Just blank screen? What does your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini look like?

condor62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error code that comes up is 2123-0011

Here is the hekate_ipl.ini

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error code that comes up is 2123-0011

Here is the hekate_ipl.ini

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=1
backlight=100
autohosoff=2
autonogc=0
updater2p=1

{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/sysnand.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/emummc.bmp
{}
Hekate looks great.

That error is kinda funky.

Some folks were saying it was a ban. Others said they reinstalled Atmosphere from the GitHub release and they were fine. should be easy enough to move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bak and unzip the 1.3.0 version of Atmosphere and the same version of iTotalJustice Sigpatches. If you go this route, be sure you match the version numbers as there was a new release today.

condor62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well I reinstalled atmosphere from the release and games still error out in syscfw. Atleast emunand is working fine just a bummer if it's banned I only connected to the eshop and have never taken the system online other than that. Thanks again

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well I reinstalled atmosphere from the release and games still error out in syscfw. Atleast emunand is working fine just a bummer if it's banned I only connected to the eshop and have never taken the system online other than that. Thanks again

Totally not saying you’re banned! Was just what some folks had said about that code. The fact that you don’t get that code in OFW would lead me to believe you’re actually just fine. Didn’t mean to scare you..

Reactions: willy101

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
edit; before your erase anything. Please post the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file.

Is your emunand on a hidden partition or file system? If hidden partition, you can simply format the main partition using FAT32 and you’re ready to go. If you’re using file based partition you have to be more delicate.

An easy way to get where you want to be would be to make a /back directory on your sd card and move /atmosphere and /bootloader into the /back folder and start from there.
How do you know if it's on file system vs on hidden?

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think this is because your Switch is trying to verify your Game Cloud Saves on your Sysnand and cannot because you’ve likely blocked Ninty access via CFW.

This would explain why it works in OFW on Sysnand (no CFW actively blocking Ninty network access) and your CFW on Emunand probably doesn’t have a linked account or Game Cloud Saves so it’s not checking,

Going to see if the latest HATS enables dns:mitm or blanks out your Prodinfo (you should be able to see this as 0000s in your System Serial number)

update:

HATS comes with a /exosphere.ini file that contains a valid config that blanks out Prodinfo for both sysmmc and emummc (both = 1) so this would definitely cause you “network” issues connecting to Ninty to verify a cloud save before starting a game.

Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

Reactions: willy101

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know if it's on file system vs on hidden?
Look for an /Emummc/ directory.

Inside there will be an emummc.ini file that contains something like one of the following:

[emummc]
enabled = 1
path = EmuMMC
nintendo_path = Nintendo-emu

[emummc]
enabled = 1
sector = 0x00000000

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
This looks great. Straightforward and simple.

willy101

Trophies
XP
Country
Look for an /Emummc/ directory.

Inside there will be an emummc.ini file that contains something like one of the following:

[emummc]
enabled = 1
path = EmuMMC
nintendo_path = Nintendo-emu

[emummc]
enabled = 1
sector = 0x00000000

This looks great. Straightforward and simple.
You're a genius. Yep I do have that. So it's bad that my emummc is file based?

So I just updated all my tesla overlays, and now I think I've narrowed down the issue. It was mission control causing a panic error. Gonna try removing that and rebooting :) EDIT IT WORKED THANK YOU!!

Last edited by willy101,
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're a genius. Yep I do have that. So it's bad that my emummc is file based?
Partition based is preferred but not required.
File based is susceptible to file system corruption. if you lose a file…probably not too bad, unless it’s in your emunand. Might happen…might not. If I were you I’d enjoy my device for a bit and come back to it at a later date.
So I just updated all my tesla overlays, and now I think I've narrowed down the issue. It was mission control causing a panic error. Gonna try removing that and rebooting :) EDIT IT WORKED THANK YOU!!
Yep. Mission Control and Fizeau modules have been causing problems with this most recent update.

Glad you figured it out!

PredaKing10

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi there!

I need some advice:

I have a switch with sx pro on firmware 11 but all the new stuff don’t work!

I have another SD card and would like to install atmosphere. Can I follow “How to set up emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista (Unpatched) from rentry” and then install emunand through hekate and update through daybreak to 14.1 leaving ofw on 11?

Is it possible to switch SD cards and have 2 different setups?

Tnx for all the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: