Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Xehanort42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are actually multiple types of bans as evidence by this thread so there is no one action that can check to see if it has any of the different bans. For example, you can have access to the eShop & online play but be banned in a specific game. That being said, the most common ban prohibits online access and the eShop so trying to use one of those services is the fastest way to check if you're banned from those.

So I'll have to backup everything, boot from OFW and try to access it?

SC3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If the emuMMC is corrupted, then it can't be fixed. This is why you should never use exFAT because corruption is always a very real possibility. You will either have to continue using your backup or make a new emuMMC altogether. You can try retrieving your save
Thanks so much for reply. I tried the extract tools by jocover and James_E but only extracted one save files. Many saves cannot be seen. Anyway, I truly appreciate your help!

Reactions: Draxzelex

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After following the Rentry guide HERE on how to perform USB installations, it tells me to access the Install folder after clicking on the Switch drive directly from my PC. Whenever I do this though, I get some folders in English, and others in what looks like Russian. Since I don't speak Russian, I'm not entirely sure which folder is the Install folder. Please see the screenshot in this link HERE for more information.

Should this be showing up like this? Is it not possible to have all the folders labelled in English? Which of these folders is the Install folder?

Any help would be much appreciated. This is my first attempt at this method after getting my Switch up and running with Atmosphere the other day.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
After following the Rentry guide HERE on how to perform USB installations, it tells me to access the Install folder after clicking on the Switch drive directly from my PC. Whenever I do this though, I get some folders in English, and others in what looks like Russian. Since I don't speak Russian, I'm not entirely sure which folder is the Install folder. Please see the screenshot in this link HERE for more information.

Should this be showing up like this? Is it not possible to have all the folders labelled in English? Which of these folders is the Install folder?

Any help would be much appreciated. This is my first attempt at this method after getting my Switch up and running with Atmosphere the other day.
Use DBI instead Tinfoil, is friendly and better. https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@impeeza isnt wrong. DBI is a work horse and will absolutely get the job done. I use it myself and besides It’s the second MTP option in the reentry guide. :-)

As for the folders…the bottom left one says “to install”. The upper right one is similar but says ”installed”. As for why they aren’t in english? I cant think of a good reason. Maybe you have a language pack installed on your machine?

45B56F5F-2DD0-44F6-A775-CF84E204F787.jpeg

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now that I've got Atmosphere up and running and all seems to be working well, besides both Tinfoil and DBI, are there any other essential apps worth installing? Obviously, this comes down to personal preference, but I figured there must be a certain number of must have apps.

Last edited by bupeapoop,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I've got Atmosphere up and running and all seems to be working well, besides both Tinfoil and DBI, are there any other essential apps worth installing? Obviously, this comes down to personal preference, but I figured there must be a certain number of must have apps.

I preface that none of this is necessary to enjoy your switch. Everything on my switch works…no broken crap (have lost some good apps along the way) but some of it I had to modify and/or recompile using DevKitPro’s tool stack https://devkitpro.org/ So fair warning some of this might not be plug and play. I’m running a trinket M0 and am pondering doing a 256G emmc upgrade so not everything I do is purposeful and sometimes it’s just because. I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree. You probably want to grow up to be just like me…
Without further ado (and you’re on your own with this)…
From my hbmenu installed page and my /switch directory (apologies to anyone whose app I don’t mention and in no particular order ):

Tinfoil
DBI
Tinwoo
Goldleaf
Hekate Toolbox
Homebrew App Store
Themezer-NX
NXThemesInstaller
Switch 90DNS tester
Tesla Menu
nx-ovlloader
ovl-sysmodule
Sysdvr Overlay
FastCFWswitch
shareNX-Overlay
Status-Monitor-Overlay
sys-clk-overlay
dns-mitm-manager
sys-clk
sys-clk Editor
sys-con
ldn_mitm
BeanNX Button Checker
nxmp
nxsh
pplay
sysdvr
emuiibo
amiigo
tegraexplorer
missioncontrol
switchident
fizeau
edizonSE
payloadlauncher
checkpoint
Linkhalo
lockpick_RCM
homebrew Details
jksv
neumann
TriPlayer
QuickNTP
argonnx
nx-activity-log
avatool (ban for changing avatar)
nx-btred
browseNX
nxdumptool
SaltyNX
SaltyNX-Tool
simpleModManager
SwitchNews
reverssenx-tool
nx-shell
sys ftpd light
Jc-color-swapper
consoleeditor
bootsoundNX
PowerTools
AIO Updater
Breeze
GIC
IconGrabber
NSPIndexer
Reboot to Payload
vgedit

here are a couple other places to look but I cant personally vouch for them running on your switch:

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_Switch_homebrew
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications

Enjoy the your trip down the rabbit hole!

Last edited by binkinator,

DictatorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System got updated through offical nintendo update...I was concerned, it finished and wasn't working properly. I placed it in the dock while I got my laptop setup to try to deal with the issues. Oddly enough doing so somehow got the the system into the system UI, I went into daybreak I think it's called and updated the system through that just to make sure. That went ok, but on reboot I guess I was touching the joystick and so it started drifting when I let go while in Hekate.

So I restarted the system and that is when the real problems started. I repeatedly got the Fetal Error message. Specifically I think it was failed to stat ....something something. Sadly I don't recall what it was specifically, and I can't get the system to display it again.

I tried updating atmosphere, hekate, fusee, sig patches, etc., I also made sure that the Hekate ini file was setup properly, and still had issues,. I tried deleting all the old files and replacing it with the new ones and still had the issue. I tried using the TegraRCM software to get hekate opened to try to get things fixed, but hekate didn't have any of the tools or anything and I couldn't get it to really fix anything.

So to be clear the system is still working, but I can't get it to boot properly regardless of what I do.

Anyone have any suggestions or insights to get this working again?
can anyone help me with this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once again I accidently updated my system, this time due to joystick issues/drift.

I was concerned, it finished and wasn't working properly. I placed it in the dock while I got my laptop setup to try to deal with the issues. Oddly enough doing so somehow got the the system into the system UI, I went into daybreak I think it's called and updated the system through that just to make sure. That went ok, but on reboot I guess I was touching the joystick and so it started drifting when I let go while in Hekate.

So I restarted the system and that is when the real problems started. I repeatedly got the Fetal Error message. Specifically I think it was failed to stat ....something something. Sadly I don't recall what it was specifically, and I can't get the system to display it again.

I tried updating atmosphere, hekate, fusee, sig patches, etc., I also made sure that the Hekate ini file was setup properly, and still had issues,. I tried deleting all the old files and replacing it with the new ones and still had the issue. I tried using the TegraRCM software to get hekate opened to try to get things fixed, but hekate didn't have any of the tools or anything and I couldn't get it to really fix anything.

So to be clear the system is still working, but I can't get it to boot properly regardless of what I do.

So what happens when you try booting Atmosphere now? What error screen is shown?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once again I accidently updated my system, this time due to joystick issues/drift.

Please clarify how joystick drift caused an accidental update.

I was concerned, it finished and wasn't working properly. I placed it in the dock while I got my laptop setup to try to deal with the issues. Oddly enough doing so somehow got the the system into the system UI, I went into daybreak I think it's called and updated the system through that just to make sure. That went ok, but on reboot I guess I was touching the joystick and so it started drifting when I let go while in Hekate.

What do you mean by “wasn‘t working properly”.
When you placed it in the dock and it went to the System UI, do you mean the Home page or the System Settings page?
Seems everything was working at this point, correct?
Joystick again…not sure what this has to do with the issue. Joycons aren’t typically involved in these exercises other than to navigate and select things.

Fetal Error…heh. Moving on…

I tried updating atmosphere, hekate, fusee, sig patches, etc., I also made sure that the Hekate ini file was setup properly, and still had issues,.

last we heard from our hero everything was working…then the Fetal Error message. Does it always happen now? Never boots properly now? Are you able to navigate your SD card in your PC?

I tried deleting all the old files and replacing it with the new ones and still had the issue. I tried using the TegraRCM software to get hekate opened to try to get things fixed, but hekate didn't have any of the tools or anything and I couldn't get it to really fix anything.

What do you mean “still working” and “can’t get it to boot”? Please clarify.

Seeking to understand more about what’s going on…

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's probably a noob question, but I can't find the answer...

I just installed an hwfly chip with atmosphere on a v2. Everything seems to work fine exept I can't see any wifi network. I use these template as config files:

►[hekate_ipl.ini]:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW] payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

►[host/default.txt]:
# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

►[exosphere.ini]:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0 log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

I tried to reopen the unit to check if the antenna is still connected and it seems to be. Is it a config problem or I broke something?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably a noob question, but I can't find the answer...

I just installed an hwfly chip with atmosphere on a v2. Everything seems to work fine exept I can't see any wifi network. I use these template as config files:

►[hekate_ipl.ini]:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW] payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

►[host/default.txt]:
# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

►[exosphere.ini]:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0 log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

I tried to reopen the unit to check if the antenna is still connected and it seems to be. Is it a config problem or I broke something?

Yes, not being able to see Wifi is way outside simple glitching the Firmware and won’t have anything to do with your CFW config. You have something much more foundational going on.

Loose antennae is a really good Idea.

Also look for bridged solder points where yiu might have globbed some solder where you didn’t mean to.

edit: can you boot into OFW and see any wifi? That would eliminate everything except a hardware issue.

There is nothing in any of your ini files you posted that are even remotely related to wifI BTW.

edit 2: you sure you’re not in airplane mode? Hold the home button down and check to be sure.

Last edited by binkinator,

jazzeux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, not being able to see Wifi is way outside simple glitching the Firmware and won’t have anything to do with your CFW config. You have something much more foundational going on.

Loose antennae is a really good Idea.

Also look for bridged solder points where yiu might have globbed some solder where you didn’t mean to.

edit: can you boot into OFW and see any wifi? That would eliminate everything except a hardware issue.

There is nothing in any of your ini files you posted that are even remotely related to wifI BTW.
I tried the OFW and I can't see the networks either.

Edit: no I'm not in airplane mode.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the OFW and I can't see the networks either.

Edit: no I'm not in airplane mode.

(sorry, had to ask.)

Welp, if its not showing in OFW that eliminates Hekate/Atmosphere/etc., etc. and it’s likely an issue with a short or some knocked off capacitors or resistors. There are a couple mentioned to watch out for in the SX installation manual. Unfortunately you’re gonna have to grab a copy off of archive.org as the original sx site is long gone. it’s magnifying glass time I’m afraid.

DictatorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what happens when you try booting Atmosphere now? What error screen is shown?

Currently nothing, I just get a black screen, but when It was displaying anything it was showing a fetal error. Something about failure to state something.

Please clarify how joystick drift caused an accidental update.
Don't see how it relevant really, but I'll humor you, it was either drift or issues with inputs caused by drift issues. after waking the system I was getting update popups, which I was used to, so when I woke the system I went through the motions of selecting to not update, and hit the button to select, but the cursor didn't move, so it started updating.

What do you mean by “wasn‘t working properly”.
When you placed it in the dock and it went to the System UI, do you mean the Home page or the System Settings page?
Seems everything was working at this point, correct?
Joystick again…not sure what this has to do with the issue. Joycons aren’t typically involved in these exercises other than to navigate and select things.
It means It wasn't going to the home screen, it wouldn't boot properly. When I put it in the dock it went to the home screen for some reason. After restarting with the update from Daybreak, I must have been lightly moving the joystick so it initialized off center, so it was drifting without input in Hekate, so I restarted from Hekate and that is when the real issues began.

last we heard from our hero everything was working…then the Fetal Error message. Does it always happen now? Never boots properly now? Are you able to navigate your SD card in your PC?

When the system is actually displaying anything it just gives the fetal error message. No it doesn't always happen now, now I'm not able to get anything up on the system unless I used TegraRCMGUI with the system connected to my computer. Yes the card is accessible in my PC, but I do get a warning message from windows every time I connect it.

What do you mean “still working” and “can’t get it to boot”? Please clarify.

I meant that the system doesn't seem to be "bricked", because I can get it to load payloads, at least Hekate. It won't boot into the home screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw