Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Ghost318

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New here, checked the faq but didn’t see this, so I was wondering if there was a list of games that don’t work on cfw? I know games like fortnite, apex don’t run because they need to connect to Nintendo servers but I was wondering if there’s a complete list of games that don’t run? If I remember correctly, battle grounds doesn’t run well either (i.e create a character and certain other features don’t work properly)

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm planning on doing this too and have bookmarked this guide, which has a section specifically for SD cards with a partition based emuMMC: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/transfer_sd/

Thanks, I followed the guide and got through it without much trouble. Well, a problem I was having when I first started CFW a few weeks ago started again and I still don't know how to fix it properly, but its working.

Some of my legit eshop purchases will say they need to be downloaded when using emunand, even though they are definitely on the sd card. It seemingly fixed itself somehow last time and reared its head again. Still can't find a definitive answer to this issue.

I seriously don't get this issue. Some of the games are appearing fine, but some are still saying download. So confused. They appear on the normal sysnand, but not the emu. I'm not sure but I might need to "remake the emunand" or something but theres little info about making a new one or updating the one you already made.

Last edited by Valkri599,

gratje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I have a strange situation. Let me start with my specs:
Switch unpatched.
migrated SX-OS (pro) to Atmosphere.
Sysnand 11.0.0
EmuMMC: 13.0
hekate 5.6.4
Atmosphere: 1.1.1

when I boot up SX-OS 3.1 to launch the hekate payload it Does launch. no issues there. Then I launch my emuMMC CFW through hekate everything boots perfectly.
But when I enable autoboot in hekate for the emuMMC CFW. load the payload again through SX-OS.
I see the atmosphere logo then the Nintendo switch logo. and then nothing.
When I set autoboot to SysMMC (CFW) it also boots correctly.
Also when autoboot is enabled, and while booting pressing the VOL- button and launch emuMMC from there it also works.

hekate ini:
[config]
autoboot=2
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW (emuMMC)]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

I also tried to convert the hekate payload to a boot.dat and then emuMMC also boots with autoboot enabled.

what am I missing?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a strange situation. Let me start with my specs:
Switch unpatched.
migrated SX-OS (pro) to Atmosphere.
Sysnand 11.0.0
EmuMMC: 13.0
hekate 5.6.4
Atmosphere: 1.1.1

when I boot up SX-OS 3.1 to launch the hekate payload it Does launch. no issues there. Then I launch my emuMMC CFW through hekate everything boots perfectly.
But when I enable autoboot in hekate for the emuMMC CFW. load the payload again through SX-OS.
I see the atmosphere logo then the Nintendo switch logo. and then nothing.
When I set autoboot to SysMMC (CFW) it also boots correctly.
Also when autoboot is enabled, and while booting pressing the VOL- button and launch emuMMC from there it also works.

hekate ini:
[config]
autoboot=2
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=1
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[CFW (sysMMC)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk

[CFW (emuMMC)]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3

[Stock]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
stock=1

[Fusee]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

I also tried to convert the hekate payload to a boot.dat and then emuMMC also boots with autoboot enabled.

what am I missing?

have you tried injecting hekate directly?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New here, checked the faq but didn’t see this, so I was wondering if there was a list of games that don’t work on cfw? I know games like fortnite, apex don’t run because they need to connect to Nintendo servers but I was wondering if there’s a complete list of games that don’t run? If I remember correctly, battle grounds doesn’t run well either (i.e create a character and certain other features don’t work properly)
There is no list of games that don't work with CFW because all games work. If you mean pirated games, then games with online components won't work because the fake ticket generated with CFW when you install these is not sufficient for online play; you need a legitimate ticket in order to play them online which can only be generated by purchasing said game. Technically the games will still launch but you'll get an error code when trying to use any online service with them.
I have now android on switch and it works well. Must i everytime connect it to the PC to boot when i was in switch os?
That is how the exploit works; you send a payload when the console is in RCM. The payload itself does and can not install anything to the system. There are other ways of sending payloads that you might find more convenient though. You can have a modchip soldered inside that can send the payloads by itself or use an Android phone/dongle to send them externally on the go.

DrHDready

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no list of games that don't work with CFW because all games work. If you mean pirated games, then games with online components won't work because the fake ticket generated with CFW when you install these is not sufficient for online play; you need a legitimate ticket in order to play them online which can only be generated by purchasing said game. Technically the games will still launch but you'll get an error code when trying to use any online service with them.

That is how the exploit works; you send a payload when the console is in RCM. The payload itself does and can not install anything to the system. There are other ways of sending payloads that you might find more convenient though. You can have a modchip soldered inside that can send the payloads by itself or use an Android phone/dongle to send them externally on the go.
T

Thanks a lot. I go with the dongle.

ChrisOwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Greetings!

I currently tried to migrate SX OS (Switch lite mod-chip 10.2.0) to Atmosphere. By the looks of it I don't have emuNAND, in my SX Menu doesn't appear "EmuNAND" its only SX OS, anyway ... I followed a guide and everything worked, I deleted most files from my SD and only kept Nintendo, Switch, Retroarch and sxos folders. I boot into hekake, clicked on launch and then Atmosphere, everything I did was according to the video, and then I got this error "Wrong PKG1 Flashed! Erista pkg1 on Mariko!". This part when it mentions that I have Erista pkg1 on Mariko is what buggs me, can anyone help me ?

clothbeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got 2 questions. I have already my Supersmashbros game. I also have installed it on my Emummc . How can i dump my safegame from my Sysmmc and import it to my emummc. Cause i dont want to play the Storymode again to unlock all characters :D

Second question. I would like to use Cheats on Some games like Bravely Default 2 . Which applicationen and lists do i use ?
Thank you very much

Poke_Rad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
So I have not been very updated with my hacked switch and the current modding community and honestly forgot some of the small details of when I hacked my switch.

I've just been happy with Retro Arch and other games and wasn't interested with newer games until warioware as well as metroid.

I wanted to update my switch to get them, after trying to install the update files with Daybreak my switch has loaded up at all giving me the error in the image.

I am on atmosphere and emunand. I would assume I was on FW 11.0.1 before hand and no idea about the atmosphere firmware. It's not too big of a deal if I messed up my Emunand as I can start another. But I would appreciate any help to fix it as I would like to keep my save files.

Attachments

• 20211024_120950_HDR.jpg
    20211024_120950_HDR.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211024_120950_HDR.jpg
    20211024_120950_HDR.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 63

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a really easy to follow, user friendly and up to date guide for setting up Atmosphere?

Helping a friend set up his day one switch and the Bird one I used myself seems to have disappeared

Satfoun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Hello , hope you are doing great, i always wonder what happens if my nintendo switch battery drops to 0 before i could plug it into charge. I have atmos and Hekate, i have never shut it down , and if i restart, it restarts into hekate.
My question, if it shuts down completely , later when i trun it on, will it turn on into Hekate ? (auto-rcm off)
Or will it turn into OFW ?

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello , hope you are doing great, i always wonder what happens if my nintendo switch battery drops to 0 before i could plug it into charge. I have atmos and Hekate, i have never shut it down , and if i restart, it restarts into hekate.
My question, if it shuts down completely , later when i trun it on, will it turn on into Hekate ? (auto-rcm off)
Or will it turn into OFW ?

You would have to plug it into your computer again to get it back into Hekate.

andyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have done this and got an error about the ipl not having entries, so I copied my original ipl onto the card and am now back to a red screen shortly after injecting the payload. Sorry, not sure what to try!
So make a copy of your hekate_ipl.ini file, delete the old bootloader folder, put the new onto your SD card, and put the backup of your hekate_ipl.ini file in the new bootloader folder.

Hi, that's what I have done but I'm getting the red screen.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wish to hack my Switch and there are so many guides out there, i do not know which to choose ?

My "Needs" :CFW in Emu NAND, Atmosphere, Tinfoil (HBG Shop) , update sigpatches and all needed Files to correspond to the newest OFW through Switch itself and a good Hombrewshop on the Switch.

Any Suggestions which TUT i should follow and which Apps/Programs(Essentials :) ) i need.

THX

Freezer6

Last edited by Blauhasenpopo,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wish to hack my Switch and there are so many guides out there, i do not know which to choose ?

My "Needs" :CFW in Emu NAND, Atmosphere, Tinfoil (HBG Shop) , update sigpatches and all needed Files to correspond to the newest OFW through Switch itself and a good Hombrewshop on the Switch.

Any Suggestions which TUT i should follow and which Apps/Programs(Essentials :) ) i need.

THX

Freezer6

This guide will set you up with Atmosphere and emunand.

You can get firmware files from DarthSternie. Atmosphere comes with daybreak which is used to install firmware's.

Sigpatches are here - Just use the hekate files and you will be good for both hekate or fusee.

And as for shops we can't name them here, but there are a few around discord.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This guide will set you up with Atmosphere and emunand.
You can get firmware files from DarthSternie. Atmosphere comes with daybreak which is used to install firmware's.

Sigpatches are here - Just use the hekate files and you will be good for both hekate or fusee.

And as for shops we can't name them here, but there are a few around discord.
THX :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...