Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it eaxsy to switch to Atmosphere if I have an SXOS switch?
I mean SX OS uses stolen code from Atmosphere so they should work the same way. There are plenty of guides on converting both on this site and on the Internet.
Hello, i am on 12.0.2, and i want to update to latest FW , i use sysnand because i never intend to use it online, in fact main purpose i bought a switch is for offline gaming only.
I have hekate, and i use Fusee Primary to boot into sysnand, so my question is if i want to update i do the following :
1- Update Atmos (connect nintendo switch through hekate and open the USB tool and replace atmos files )
2- Update using daybreak to FW13
3- Boot to sysnand
And that is it am done ? the process is that simple ? i don't use any homebrew at all no mods nothing
Why do you want to update to the latest firmware if your intention isn't to play online?
Before I even hacked the Switch, I had everything downloaded and bought.

AFAIK, I have my Nintendo folder on my SD card untouched after creating the EmuMMC. So technically, it's separated since it has no updates and DLC.
Alright then you have 2 options. Either you can make the emuMMC and sysMMC share the same Nintendo folder or you make a copy of your current Nintendo folder and point emuMMC to that new folder. This can all be configured via the emummc.ini file in the /emummc folder.

• Love
Reactions: KytuzuEX

ToothlessMass08

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've been wondering about the process of initially figuring out the RCM exploit. How did they know about the RCM? Is it a standard mode on every processor these days? Also, how did they figure out the method behind entering into the said mode (volume up + jig to short)? Was it just trial and error or was there a smart way to go about finding one?

JWick1982

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am trying to edit my user account name to add some special symbols, specifically the name that is right next to the account picture in the "Profile" section. I think I need to edit this file: "SYSTEM:\save\8000000000000010"
But whenever I change the name and replace the file, the system hangs after the Switch icon appears. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Well I figured out how to edit the name without the Switch hanging, but now after making an edit to that file all my user profiles just disappear. Anyone know how to edit the name without that happening? Thanks.
Bump.

If no one knows this, does anyone at least know of an app that lets you edit your user account name with whatever you want to? Thanks.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot figure out how to run Switch backups of my actual cartridges to save my life.

I am on HOS firmware 13.0.0 and AMS 1.1.1, and I have the sigpatches installed for it.

I have tried

With NX Dump Tool, I rip the game as an NSP dump, but I get the error "Unable to start software" when I select the game I dumped after installing it with Goldleaf under "fusee" boot method. When I try to install the NSP using Goldleaf with emuNAND, I get a "Invalid NCA" error and the game never installs.

Are there some steps I am missing? I noticed if I boot from Fusee in the pre-boot menu, the game will start but often tell me I have a corrupted game. It will then do something and run it.

When I boot into CFW (emuMMC) I just get the "Unable to start software". What's the difference between those two selections?

Any ideas on how I can install my game carts?

Last edited by Hammyface,

Satfoun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
I mean SX OS uses stolen code from Atmosphere so they should work the same way. There are plenty of guides on converting both on this site and on the Internet.

Why do you want to update to the latest firmware if your intention isn't to play online?

Alright then you have 2 options. Either you can make the emuMMC and sysMMC share the same Nintendo folder or you make a copy of your current Nintendo folder and point emuMMC to that new folder. This can all be configured via the emummc.ini file in the /emummc folder.
Latest games dropping they require the latest FW, so i have to update :\
SO it is correct the process how i wrote it ? i dont need the RCM jig and all those stuff correct ?

CSun

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well you should be able to launch emuMMC according to your hekate_ipl.ini file. Have you tried using the migrate emuMMC option?
Kind of. I should probably use some images to explain.

nyx20211019_172958.png
nyx20211019_173000.png

nyx20211019_173007.png
nyx20211019_173012.png
nyx20211019_173017.png

nyx20211019_174302.png
nyx20211019_175125.png

Sadly, none of these things seem to change anything.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file

How do launch the homebrew menu?

While Atmosphere now supports Mariko units, you still need a way to launch Atmosphere which is currently only via the modchip. If you manage to find one, purchase it, and solder it into your console, the procedure is the same as any other installation.

Technically, the answer depends. Fuses are burnt by the console's stock bootloader when it detects a firmware higher than the current fuse count. Think of it as burning the fuses when the console turns on normally which is when the stock bootloader is used. This is why the console always reboots when finishing a system update; so it can burn new fuses. However we have payloads that can act like bootloaders circumventing this check allowing us to update without burning fuses. The problem is guaranteeing that we can use our own custom bootloaders. Luckily we have AutoRCM which prevents the console from being able to use its stock bootloader. Unfortunately, updating the console normally even with AutoRCM enabled removes AutoRCM since its part of BOOT0 which gets updated during firmware updates. This is why there are certain homebrew applications that enable AutoRCM after the system update to prevent fuses from being burnt.

So to answer your question, fuses are only not burnt if you have AutoRCM enabled after a system update. You have to make sure that Daybreak enables AutoRCM after the system update otherwise your fuses will be burnt. You also have to make sure AutoRCM stays enabled because the second you disable it, your fuses will be burnt the next time you power on the console normally.

Both are actually valid options. While most people feel the need to switch to Atmosphere, technically, you can keep using SX OS as long as it stays on a firmware of 11.0 or lower. Whichever option is best depends on your setup and if you think keeping SX OS is worth it. Just keep in mind that eventually all games coming out will require a firmware higher than 11.0. And to answer your last question, yes you can just install all of the .XCI files with Atmosphere granted you have the appropriate FS/Loader patches.

How is your SD card formatted? Are you getting a black screen trying to launch emuMMC or sysMMC? Did you follow any migration guides? Do you use fusee or Hekate to boot Atmosphere?

Can you point me towards a direction where I can purchase a mod chip? I've been waiting for a year for a software exploit. I don't want to anymore.

DragBestieSis

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hey, so I just created this account to ask something that have been bothering me ever since I hacked my switch with the guide on nh-server.github.io switch guide, using atmosphere on my unpatched first version of switch. Ever since I partition my 64 gb micro sd card it now has an extra partition that I can't access and the one where all my swtich files are, is now in halve to 29gb, is there any way to get my 64gb back? In my quick research, that extra partition is where the original switch files are store, and the one I can access are the hacked version, but Im not interested in using the original system of the switch, so how can I delete that with out ruining everything I did? halp please ;-;

ZazenNoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

i have this issue on my switch.
I've been searching for a week now (feels like a year), but the more I refomulate my search inquiries on google, gbatemp or reddit, and the more I feel lost with the data I find and try to understand and use.

so here is my noob question number 2 on Gbatemp.

I own a V1 switch updated on 13.0 with last atmosphere installed (and reinstalled)
sigpatches are up to date and the payload I use is fusee.bin. And everything is on a micro sd formated (again this week to make it very clean) in exfat.

i don't understand why, but all the .nsp I install with tinfoil or goldleaf that are recent won't install properly.
The installation process goes smoothly but when trying to launch the newly installed nsp I get an error message and it wont launch.
I tried different sources, and nothing; always for the same nsp files.

And yet , updates for nsp already installed work perfectly fine.

I'm at my wits end with this problem. I found other people in my searches with similar issues, but no solution.

Does anyone have a clue? I sure could use the help.

docgold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi guys, I have a patchable Switch XAJ7001XXXX and used since yesterday SXOS.
I use fusee. Today for the first time i've installed Atmosphère 1.1.1 with hekate v5.6.4 & Nyx v1.1.0. . I did all steps with the help from switch.homebrew.guide site.
My Systemversion: 5.0.1|AMS| 1.1.1|E
Does this 5.0.1 version has any effect on todays usage of Atmosphere?

When I start Daybreak - Atmosphere-NX Version 1.0.0 - in hbmenu v.2.42. in Applet Mode it asks to install and select an update directory. No clue what to do?

Is there a safe way to go online and how?

What about ftp client?

Can I play XCI games on Atmosphere like on SXOS?

Is there an easy way of using SXOS besides Atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wondering about the process of initially figuring out the RCM exploit. How did they know about the RCM? Is it a standard mode on every processor these days? Also, how did they figure out the method behind entering into the said mode (volume up + jig to short)? Was it just trial and error or was there a smart way to go about finding one?
There is a Vulnerability Disclosure that you can read to get the full details on how it was discovered.
I cannot figure out how to run Switch backups of my actual cartridges to save my life.

I am on HOS firmware 13.0.0 and AMS 1.1.1, and I have the sigpatches installed for it.

I have tried

With NX Dump Tool, I rip the game as an NSP dump, but I get the error "Unable to start software" when I select the game I dumped after installing it with Goldleaf under "fusee" boot method. When I try to install the NSP using Goldleaf with emuNAND, I get a "Invalid NCA" error and the game never installs.

Are there some steps I am missing? I noticed if I boot from Fusee in the pre-boot menu, the game will start but often tell me I have a corrupted game. It will then do something and run it.

When I boot into CFW (emuMMC) I just get the "Unable to start software". What's the difference between those two selections?

Any ideas on how I can install my game carts?
Where did you download the patches from?
Latest games dropping they require the latest FW, so i have to update :\
SO it is correct the process how i wrote it ? i dont need the RCM jig and all those stuff correct ?
Yes, the process you listed is perfectly fine. You don't need the RCM jig and other stuff for updating your firmware the way you wrote.
Kind of. I should probably use some images to explain.

Sadly, none of these things seem to change anything.
And you can't click on the Disabled emuMMC option to re-enable emuMMC?
Can you point me towards a direction where I can purchase a mod chip? I've been waiting for a year for a software exploit. I don't want to anymore.
I have heard they are sold on AliExpress and eBay.
Hey, so I just created this account to ask something that have been bothering me ever since I hacked my switch with the guide on nh-server.github.io switch guide, using atmosphere on my unpatched first version of switch. Ever since I partition my 64 gb micro sd card it now has an extra partition that I can't access and the one where all my swtich files are, is now in halve to 29gb, is there any way to get my 64gb back? In my quick research, that extra partition is where the original switch files are store, and the one I can access are the hacked version, but Im not interested in using the original system of the switch, so how can I delete that with out ruining everything I did? halp please ;-;
You made an emuMMC partition? If so, removing it means you risk getting banned online since that means all of your CFW & homebrew will be loaded directly onto your console. If you're fine with that, you can remove the partition with any partition manager such as AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard
Hi guys, I have a patchable Switch XAJ7001XXXX and used since yesterday SXOS.
I use fusee. Today for the first time i've installed Atmosphère 1.1.1 with hekate v5.6.4 & Nyx v1.1.0. . I did all steps with the help from switch.homebrew.guide site.
My Systemversion: 5.0.1|AMS| 1.1.1|E
Does this 5.0.1 version has any effect on todays usage of Atmosphere?

When I start Daybreak - Atmosphere-NX Version 1.0.0 - in hbmenu v.2.42. in Applet Mode it asks to install and select an update directory. No clue what to do?

Is there a safe way to go online and how?

What about ftp client?

Can I play XCI games on Atmosphere like on SXOS?

Is there an easy way of using SXOS besides Atmosphere?
Atmosphere should be compatible with all firmware versions. If it is not, notify the team immediately.

Daybreak is a homebrew application that installs firmware files on your SD card meaning it doesn't download them itself. Firmware files are copyrighted material however so we cannot help or link you where to find them but they are available to download illegally from certain places on the Internet.

Once your console is hacked, you will always be at risk for being banned.

However you can delay that from happening by using apps like 90DNS to setup a self-imposed temporary ban. This will allow you to use utilities like FTP without worrying about a ban. Alternatively, you can transfer files via USB using Hekate.

Atmosphere does not support mounting .XCI files like SX OS. You will have to install them like .NSP files

In order to use both, you will need to setup at least one emuMMC whether it is as a partition or file. Then you will have to decide whether you want to use Atmosphere or SX OS on the emuMMC or sysMMC.

wiitendo84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright maybe someone can help me. Alright so I'm updated to 13.0.0, I've downloaded the current atmosphere which is 1.2.0 I've gotten the new fusee.bin as well. I got to boot into atmosphere and I'm getting something telling me that there's a fatal error with fusee secondary.bin It just keeps rebooting to the same error when I push the power button. I'm at my wits end on this

Edit:
Just tried atmosphere 1.1.1 and it works perfectly. Might be an issue with 1.2.0 then

Reactions: DragBestieSis

andyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I modded my Switch a good while ago and it's been working great. I've put some new games on it but they all just blackscreen on opening. I haven't updated anything since I first set it up and to be honest I've forgotten most of what I've done and what's on there. Can anyone start me off on how to resolve this issue please? Games are Metroid, WarioWare and Monkeyball.

Some more info. I'm using a jig, System version: 9.10. Using Tegra and have Fusee_Atmosphere.bin and hekate_ctcaer 5.0.0.

I did download a new version from hekate and added that to the switch and the 5.6.3.bin file to Tegra, but I get a permanent red screen. I've reverted back to how it was with original bootloader folder etc.

Thanks in advance!
Andy
You need patches to launch backups. These patches have to be updated whenever you update your firmware or CFW. You can get the latest patches from this thread.
Hi

I have got these and added them to the switch but I now get a message about updating my bootloader and dragons. I downloaded the zip file from hekate for the bootloader and added that too, overwriting files but the same error comes up. Any ideas?

Thanks
Andy

Satfoun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
There is a Vulnerability Disclosure that you can read to get the full details on how it was discovered.

Where did you download the patches from?

Yes, the process you listed is perfectly fine. You don't need the RCM jig and other stuff for updating your firmware the way you wrote.

And you can't click on the Disabled emuMMC option to re-enable emuMMC?

I have heard they are sold on AliExpress and eBay.

You made an emuMMC partition? If so, removing it means you risk getting banned online since that means all of your CFW & homebrew will be loaded directly onto your console. If you're fine with that, you can remove the partition with any partition manager such as AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard

Atmosphere should be compatible with all firmware versions. If it is not, notify the team immediately.

Daybreak is a homebrew application that installs firmware files on your SD card meaning it doesn't download them itself. Firmware files are copyrighted material however so we cannot help or link you where to find them but they are available to download illegally from certain places on the Internet.

Once your console is hacked, you will always be at risk for being banned.

However you can delay that from happening by using apps like 90DNS to setup a self-imposed temporary ban. This will allow you to use utilities like FTP without worrying about a ban. Alternatively, you can transfer files via USB using Hekate.

Atmosphere does not support mounting .XCI files like SX OS. You will have to install them like .NSP files

In order to use both, you will need to setup at least one emuMMC whether it is as a partition or file. Then you will have to decide whether you want to use Atmosphere or SX OS on the emuMMC or sysMMC.
Okay thank you very much i just needed to make sure so nothing would go wrong. Have a nice day

Reactions: Draxzelex

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,i wanted to ask if it is possible to hack the Nintendo Switch V1(2017 low serial)only with the Rekado android app, without using Jig and RCM Loader?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it doesn't do anything, unfortunately.
Hmm, well then I apologize as I have no idea what the issue is or how to fix it. What you can do is try and contacting the creator of Hekate, CTCaer, either on Hekate's GitHub page or via the RetroNX Discord Server where he frequents from time to time.
Hi

I have got these and added them to the switch but I now get a message about updating my bootloader and dragons. I downloaded the zip file from hekate for the bootloader and added that too, overwriting files but the same error comes up. Any ideas?

Thanks
Andy
Make sure you are also using new Hekate .bin file as the payload.
Hi guys,i wanted to ask if it is possible to hack the Nintendo Switch V1(2017 low serial)only with the Rekado android app, without using Jig and RCM Loader?
Technically yes. While the Rekado Android app can replace the function of the RCM Loader, you do still need something to enter RCM with. It doesn't have to be a jig per se but you need something conductive like a paperclip or SIM card remover to insert into the right Joy-Con rail.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

andyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Thanks
Andy

I have hekate 5.6.3.bin (I think it's that one - latest anyway) loaded into Tegra and pick this one when booting. Is that what you mean, as I've already done that and get the error.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have hekate 5.6.3.bin (I think it's that one - latest anyway) loaded into Tegra and pick this one when booting. Is that what you mean, as I've already done that and get the error.
Have you tried deleting the bootloader folder and putting the new one on your SD card? Make a backup of your old bootloader folder first before trying this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.