Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

xXSoulGeoXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Make sure you have the patches that enable backup launching which you can find in the pinned thread on this forum.The patches need to be updated whenever Atmosphere is updated. Make sure you are also grabbing the latest patches from the pinned thread on this forum.

the problem is, I already updated my sigpatches after updating my Atmosphere
and still having problems launching Disgaea 4 and Animal Crossing

Tried booting into Maintainance Mode as well and it didn't work as well
the rest of my backups open without problems though for some reason its just the 2 games I mentioned before
( and both ran without problems before I updated my CFW and Sigpatches )

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is, I already updated my sigpatches after updating my Atmosphere
and still having problems launching Disgaea 4 and Animal Crossing

Tried booting into Maintainance Mode as well and it didn't work as well
the rest of my backups open without problems though for some reason its just the 2 games I mentioned before
( and both ran without problems before I updated my CFW and Sigpatches )
But did you get the patches from the place I linked? Not all links have patches that are fully updated so it is possible that the place where you downloaded your patches from weren't up-to-date.

xXSoulGeoXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
But did you get the patches from the place I linked? Not all links have patches that are fully updated so it is possible that the place where you downloaded your patches from weren't up-to-date.
Yup, those are the very sigpatches I used

Do you have Animal Crossing by chance, do you have any problems running the game?
and if not, what may be my problem?
just to remind that I did a clean install and all

Edit: so I seemed to fix the problem with New Horizons but I am still unable to run Disgaea 4 Complete + for some reason, tried different sources and even using and old Update for Disgaea 4 and still the Switch doesnt launch it for some reason

Last edited by xXSoulGeoXx,

CannibalGrandpa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple quick questions guys. If I use Daybreak to update my EmuNand, does it burn fuses if you don't use auto RCM? If so, if my nand is on 12, and I update my EmuNand to 12 with Daybreak will it burn more fuses with the EmuNand update? Lastly, I've seen that Atmosphere now comes with Mesosphere, and I was just wondering if there was any actual difference between using Meso or not? Like, not needing patches or anything like that? Thanks!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Couple quick questions guys. If I use Daybreak to update my EmuNand, does it burn fuses if you don't use auto RCM? If so, if my nand is on 12, and I update my EmuNand to 12 with Daybreak will it burn more fuses with the EmuNand update? Lastly, I've seen that Atmosphere now comes with Mesosphere, and I was just wondering if there was any actual difference between using Meso or not? Like, not needing patches or anything like that? Thanks!
Updating EmuMMC never burns fuses. You will always use CFW to boot EmuMMC and that bypasses the fuse system

Reactions: CannibalGrandpa

XPG0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i followed everything on this guide does this come with the sig patches or do i need to get them myself

edit also when i try to install a game via goldleaf i keep getting the same error

Error 2356-0009 (0x1364)
Module Goldleaf (356)
Description: Invalid PFS0 (NSP) (9)

Last edited by XPG0,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
i followed everything on this guide does this come with the sig patches or do i need to get them myself

edit also when i try to install a game via goldleaf i keep getting the same error

Error 2356-0009 (0x1364)
Module Goldleaf (356)
Description: Invalid PFS0 (NSP) (9)
You don't get sigpatches by following that guide. You can download them here: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

XPG0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by XPG0,

wiistat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Thanks lot for all the infos and support here.
I have a switch on 9.2.0|AMS 0.10.5|E which i want to update now but forgot how to do it the right way (due to be away for while).

Please can you suggest how to update the right way or point me to any easy guide please. I do have the backup i did before the feedling to ams 0.10.5.

thx lot gyus

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi guys,

Thanks lot for all the infos and support here.
I have a switch on 9.2.0|AMS 0.10.5|E which i want to update now but forgot how to do it the right way (due to be away for while).

Please can you suggest how to update the right way or point me to any easy guide please. I do have the backup i did before the feedling to ams 0.10.5.

thx lot gyus
Here is a guide for updating CFW and your Switch firmware: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/

If your SysMMC is not on the version you want to update to you can download the firmware from Darthsternies site.
After updating you need to update your sigpatches. Download from here: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

Blargle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a compelling reason to upgrade my firmware and atmosphere/hekate if everything is running fine already? Is it safe to do so via the AIO updater app?

NizNoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My emuNAND had over 30 games with saves and 4 users on it but doesn't boot up. My sysNAND boots fine, and I can create a fresh emuNAND that works fine (I have backups of both my sysNAND and emuNAND).
My question is, can I restore my user partition alone, over the fresh emuNAND? When i tried restoring my emuNAND system & user partitions over a fresh emuNAND, the system hangs as before. And when I restore only the user partition, my saves and users don't show up.

squidward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I need some expert assistance.

I have been using SXOS for years. The System firmware is on 6.2.0.

I had not added games for a while so I connected it to my PC for the first time in many months. I think I was on 10.0 emunand. I downloaded the newest firmware and decided to do an update. I installed 12.0.3 to emunand using ChoiDujourNX 1.0.2. I also updated SXOS boot.dat from 3.0.5 to 3.1.0.

Well after I did that, I get the SX logo screen and then nothing.

After reading that I should not have updated to 12.x.x, I started looking at Atmosphere and payloads. I found a great guide and got that working on a second microSD card, keeping my SXOS card untouched.

Question:
1) Is there any way to boot into SXOS anymore?
2) Is there any way to downgrade my emunand to boot into SXOS?
3) Is there any way to transfer my saved game files from my SXOS emunand to be used within Atmosphere?
4) Can I put Atmosphere onto my old microSD card (from SXOS) and somehow be able to access the emunand or save game files?
5) Is there anything else I should be asking about or thinking about? Any recommendations?

I have used Checkpoint but probably a year or so ago.

Last edited by squidward,

Dragonguile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys
I have a question about the sleep mode.

I often put the switch on sleep mode while docked and rarely turn it off.

There's any problem in using sleep mode all the time/forever? Or is it safier/better to turn off sometimes?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Is there a compelling reason to upgrade my firmware and atmosphere/hekate if everything is running fine already? Is it safe to do so via the AIO updater app?
If everything works for you and you don't have any games that reqiore a higher firkware then I would just stay on the version you are on. Updating tends to cause issues for many people so only do it when necessary.

Hi all, I need some expert assistance.

I have been using SXOS for years. The System firmware is on 6.2.0.

I had not added games for a while so I connected it to my PC for the first time in many months. I think I was on 10.0 emunand. I downloaded the newest firmware and decided to do an update. I installed 12.0.3 to emunand using ChoiDujourNX 1.0.2. I also updated SXOS boot.dat from 3.0.5 to 3.1.0.

Well after I did that, I get the SX logo screen and then nothing.

After reading that I should not have updated to 12.x.x, I started looking at Atmosphere and payloads. I found a great guide and got that working on a second microSD card, keeping my SXOS card untouched.

Question:
1) Is there any way to boot into SXOS anymore?
2) Is there any way to downgrade my emunand to boot into SXOS?
3) Is there any way to transfer my saved game files from my SXOS emunand to be used within Atmosphere?
4) Can I put Atmosphere onto my old microSD card (from SXOS) and somehow be able to access the emunand or save game files?
5) Is there anything else I should be asking about or thinking about? Any recommendations?

I have used Checkpoint but probably a year or so ago.
4) Yes you can. Copy \atmosphere and \bootloader folders to the SXOS SD card and boot the Switch with the Hekate payload. In Hekate you can migrate EmuMMC to work with Atmosphere. AFAIR you should choose EmuMMC in the main menu and then 'Migrate EmuMMC'.

wiistat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Blargle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If everything works for you and you don't have any games that reqiore a higher firkware then I would just stay on the version you are on. Updating tends to cause issues for many people so only do it when necessary.

4) Yes you can. Copy \atmosphere and \bootloader folders to the SXOS SD card and boot the Switch with the Hekate payload. In Hekate you can migrate EmuMMC to work with Atmosphere. AFAIR you should choose EmuMMC in the main menu and then 'Migrate EmuMMC'.
Figured as much, thanks!

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I didn't touch the Switch since the "death" of SX OS and I saw the new Mario Golf and THPS 1+2 Remake lately that requires Firmware 12.0.2. Is there still a way to play those higher firmware games on the latest SX OS beta (3.1.0 IIRC) somehow?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I didn't touch the Switch since the "death" of SX OS and I saw the new Mario Golf and THPS 1+2 Remake lately that requires Firmware 12.0.2. Is there still a way to play those higher firmware games on the latest SX OS beta (3.1.0 IIRC) somehow?

Nope time to switch to Atmosphere and move on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol