Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to directly install .xci files on atmosphere through usb?? I'm currently using awoo and i can install nsp files fine but it doesn't work with .xci files.

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for asking this again but I still don't understand how to update

For example yea i update atmosphere but what about the firmware? like how you update that ? i know i cant connect the switch to the internet so ?

I'm assuming you are using emunand (i.e. you have a copy of your NAND running on emuMMC). Once you have updated atmosphere, you need to find the official firmware and place it onto your SD card. Just google for it; you cannot get it from Nintendo's site because they do not publish it. After you have placed the official firmware on your SD card, boot into your atmosphere CFW and use Daybreak. Depending on your setup, you get to Daybreak either by opening the album app (or possibly holding R while opening the album app). There may be other ways to reach the apps folder, but these two are fairly common setups. Once you run Daybreak, it will ask you to navigate to the folder containing the firmware. Then just follow the onscreen directions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do i update the firmware first or atmosphere first?

Always update Atmosphere first.

ishews

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ive been trying to install character mods in MK8 Deluxe with little luck. So far only one mod at a time will load, that being Peter Griffin over Ludwig, but atttempts to get Chris Griffin or other family guy/dragon ball z characters just crashes the game on the character select screen. ive tried the skeleton fix, dumped the romfs etc. Is it possible to have several mods active on layeredfs or have i made a mistake somewhere?

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, is there a reason to keep the number of burnt fuses as low as possible?
Currently I do have a sysNand on 4.x.x and a emuNand on 11.x.x, can I just update the sysNand and enable AutoRCM again afterwards, or are there any other steps I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

longon12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I have an unpatched switch modded with Atmosphere in the sysNAND(I bought it already in that way). My firmware is in 8.1.0 but I want to update it, what is the best to do? I believe if I just update it I'll get banned right?

mikebpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Been out of the scene for a while - currently running an old version of Reinx. How hard is this thing to update to a build that is still supported?

GuiLidou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok

cool

but what is the best cfw

athmosphere

or

sx os

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok

cool

but what is the best cfw

athmosphere

or

sx os

SX OS is dead, only active CFW is Atmosphere.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, is there a reason to keep the number of burnt fuses as low as possible?
Currently I do have a sysNand on 4.x.x and a emuNand on 11.x.x, can I just update the sysNand and enable AutoRCM again afterwards, or are there any other steps I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!
There may be a better exploit discovered in the future that requires a lower firmware. This is the reason to keep the number of burnt fuses as low as possible. On the other hand, there is no advantage to burning fuses as there is no evidence Nintendo bans users for incorrect fuse counts. If you want to update without burning fuses, you have a couple of options such as using a homebrew application (e.g. Daybreak), updating the firmware while in CFW and having AutoRCM enabled, or updating then manually rebooting into RCM after the update finishes with your jig.

Hi, I have an unpatched switch modded with Atmosphere in the sysNAND(I bought it already in that way). My firmware is in 8.1.0 but I want to update it, what is the best to do? I believe if I just update it I'll get banned right?
While it is not a guarantee you will be banned if you update online, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak to update the firmware instead. It comes bundled with Atmosphere by default.

Been out of the scene for a while - currently running an old version of Reinx. How hard is this thing to update to a build that is still supported?
ReiNX is no longer supported. You will have to switch to using the only CFW left, Atmosphere.

Reactions: Houjin

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to find and transfer saves between two hacked switches and if so, how? I have a V1 using RCM/jig and a hacked Lite that uses the SX chip. I mostly use the V1 but would like to take the Lite with me when I travel and ideally, have the most current saves. Is it just a matter of copying the saves folders over and if so, where are they? Thanks.

Dragonguile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hy guys
need some help pleaaaaase??

I have a switch on version 9.1.0 (and Atmosphere/dongle) and need some help to update...
1. There are some risk to update directly to 12.0.3?? I have to update version by version?
2. If I update using the "system update", what are the risks?? I just get banned to play online or will lose the switch entirely?

I made some light searchs here and dont find anything concrete... sorry if I am asking old questions

Liays

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hey I need help about downloading games, I know how to download games but I just need help for a thing, when I download games, I put them on my sd card then I use awoo installer or gold leaf, it works like charm, but as I said I put the nsp files on my sd card, like for exemple, my sd card has 13gb of free space on it, I want to download a game that is 12gb, but the problem is that before I install the game with gold leaf, the sd card has just 1gb free space because of the nsp file, so to download a 12gb game it cost me at least 25gb of free space, I hope you understand me so what can I do to install my game ? (sorry for bad english my real language is french)

XsiegeX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yo, need some help with my hero one justice 2. Installed the nsp and the most recent update for the game with dlc's and it always say's cannot run software, although I read somewhere that it may be conflicting dlc to cause the game to not work. Deleted all dlc's and the game still won't launch. Anybody know how I could get it working?

Gumdoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I need help about downloading games, I know how to download games but I just need help for a thing, when I download games, I put them on my sd card then I use awoo installer or gold leaf, it works like charm, but as I said I put the nsp files on my sd card, like for exemple, my sd card has 13gb of free space on it, I want to download a game that is 12gb, but the problem is that before I install the game with gold leaf, the sd card has just 1gb free space because of the nsp file, so to download a 12gb game it cost me at least 25gb of free space, I hope you understand me so what can I do to install my game ? (sorry for bad english my real language is french)

There are a few ways to install games, but if you are copying the NSP to the SD card, then what you said is correct: you basically need double the amount of free space to install the game. Have you been deleting the NSP files once you install the game? You don't need them after you install with GoldLeaf. Your only other option if that's how you install them is to get a larger SD card.

Another option is to use Tinleaf and NS-USBLoader, but I've never done that so not 100% sure if it installs without copying the NSP first.

J'espère que ça aide.

xXSoulGeoXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
I am here because I am having problems launching both Disgaea 4 Complete + and Animal Crossing New Horizons since I updated my Atmosphere ( using the DeepSea Package ) and sigpatches

just so everyone knows, these 2 games worked fine before updating
is anybody having the same issues? should I wait for a new Atmosphere Update?
or is there something I could do to play this tittles as I did before?

XPG0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my unpateched switch is on 12.0.3 can someone point me in the right area to get started for cfw if you do not mind

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to find and transfer saves between two hacked switches and if so, how? I have a V1 using RCM/jig and a hacked Lite that uses the SX chip. I mostly use the V1 but would like to take the Lite with me when I travel and ideally, have the most current saves. Is it just a matter of copying the saves folders over and if so, where are they? Thanks.
You can use any homebrew save manager such as JKSV or Checkpoint to dump and restore the save files.

Hy guys
need some help pleaaaaase??

I have a switch on version 9.1.0 (and Atmosphere/dongle) and need some help to update...
1. There are some risk to update directly to 12.0.3?? I have to update version by version?
2. If I update using the "system update", what are the risks?? I just get banned to play online or will lose the switch entirely?

I made some light searchs here and dont find anything concrete... sorry if I am asking old questions
  1. Not all homebrew applications work on firmware 12.X so I don't suggest updating to that firmware unless you wish to play online
  2. If you update online, not only do you risk getting banned but you also burn fuses
Yo, need some help with my hero one justice 2. Installed the nsp and the most recent update for the game with dlc's and it always say's cannot run software, although I read somewhere that it may be conflicting dlc to cause the game to not work. Deleted all dlc's and the game still won't launch. Anybody know how I could get it working?
Make sure you have the patches that enable backup launching which you can find in the pinned thread on this forum.
I am here because I am having problems launching both Disgaea 4 Complete + and Animal Crossing New Horizons since I updated my Atmosphere ( using the DeepSea Package ) and sigpatches

just so everyone knows, these 2 games worked fine before updating
is anybody having the same issues? should I wait for a new Atmosphere Update?
or is there something I could do to play this tittles as I did before?
The patches need to be updated whenever Atmosphere is updated. Make sure you are also grabbing the latest patches from the pinned thread on this forum.

my unpateched switch is on 12.0.3 can someone point me in the right area to get started for cfw if you do not mind
I recommend following this guide.

Reactions: Dragonguile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto