Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Amidaraxar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ultimate edition? What type of patch is it? aka .ips or is it folders in folder (like mods are)? If it's the latter the folder will be in sd:/CFW FOLDER/contents/01007D000AD8A000

1) What format is your MicroSD card? 2) Have you gotten the latest version of the apps?

Personally I use one switch for CFW stuff and the other for online, however if you only have the one console, I would try to get a RCM vulnerable console and set up emunand for your CFW stuff and sysnand for online stuff

FAT32, yes I've got the latest version of the apps, I've verified.
Maybe should I update the FW from 10.2.0 to 11.0.1?

If yes, where may I find the latest FW to install with ChoidujourNX?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32, yes I've got the latest version of the apps, I've verified.
Maybe should I update the FW from 10.2.0 to 11.0.1?

If yes, where may I find the latest FW to install with ChoidujourNX?
Don't update to firmware 11.X as it is unstable for CFW and homebrew. Also firmware files are copyrighted material so you cannot ask for that here.

Reactions: Amidaraxar

PrzemmeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You would play your eshop games in OFW

Any *backups* are played in CFW - Emunand if you only have the one console

yup

Hmm, i think you dont get my point. My only purpose to break switch is to get that OC. I want to buy Wicher 3, Dragons Dogma, Xenoblade from eshop go offline turn OC and play in handheld.
Is it even possible? Or i need in that case Cardrige games?

PikachuPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel lazy for asking, but i'm desperate for a place to start since I haven't updated my firmware for a year,
does anyone have a link for a good tutorial to update emmunand firmware?
I'm hearing sigpatches work different now? any advice?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, i think you dont get my point. My only purpose to break switch is to get that OC. I want to buy Wicher 3, Dragons Dogma, Xenoblade from eshop go offline turn OC and play in handheld.
No what he is saying is its safer to setup an emuMMC to boot CFW because if you don't and boot OFW on your console after booting CFW, you risk yourself getting banned when going to the eShop.

I feel lazy for asking, but i'm desperate for a place to start since I haven't updated my firmware for a year,
does anyone have a link for a good tutorial to update emmunand firmware?
I'm hearing sigpatches work different now? any advice?
Use either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak and there are patches for firmware 11.X but its not recommended to update to that firmware as there is no benefit in doing so on top of the fact that CFW and homebrew are unstable.

Reactions: PikachuPro

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Again on emunand, you would play backups (eshop or cart backups ;) ) so long as the emunand isn't online and use homebrew then you can do that - if you follow

PrzemmeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No what he is saying is its safer to setup an emuMMC to boot CFW because if you don't and boot OFW on your console after booting CFW, you risk yourself getting banned when going to the eShop.

Use either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak and there are patches for firmware 11.X but its not recommended to update to that firmware as there is no benefit in doing so on top of the fact that CFW and homebrew are unstable.

Again on emunand, you would play backups (eshop or cart backups ;) ) so long as the emunand isn't online and use homebrew then you can do that - if you follow

Yes we correct on point that i will download on OFW, turn off and then goes to CFW and play offline.

My last worrys is about OFW, the V1 switch that i wanna buy is on 11.0.1 evrything will be fine on this OFW?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes we correct on point that i will download on OFW, turn off and then goes to CFW and play offline.

My last worrys is about OFW, the V1 switch that i wanna buy is on 11.0.1 evrything will be fine on this OFW?
You don't understand. There is a difference between OFW and emuMMC. Simply booting OFW after CFW can get you banned. You have to use sysMMC to go online and emuMMC for CFW. You don't swap between CFW and OFW; you swap between emuMMC and sysMMC.

PrzemmeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You don't understand. There is a difference between OFW and emuMMC. Simply booting OFW after CFW can get you banned. You have to use sysMMC to go online and emuMMC for CFW. You don't swap between CFW and OFW; you swap between emuMMC and sysMMC.

Ehh Im new in breaking switch, for most part i was using Vita. Okey so what i need to read to make this whole thing works good?

PrzemmeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, I read a bit, I have a bigger confusion than before, but it turns out that there is no way to turn ON CFW and start the game from the eshop like this on click. I'm right or I'm skipping something, because I can't see with my eyes from reading anymore....

Turns out, that the best way for my is, buy heavy games cardrige, and light games from eshop.

I am right or not?

thief_fighter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ultimate edition? What type of patch is it? aka .ips or is it folders in folder (like mods are)? If it's the latter the folder will be in sd:/CFW FOLDER/contents/01007D000AD8A000

Thanks for your reply. Yes it's the ultimate edition. It's a folders in folder. I've created a folder like you said in root but the patch isn't applied. Please check the attached picture for more detail.

P.S I installed the game in the NAND partition. Should I move it to SD CARD?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 09.06.04.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 09.06.04.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 174

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your reply. Yes it's the ultimate edition. It's a folders in folder. I've created a folder like you said in root but the patch isn't applied. Please check the attached picture for more detail.

P.S I installed the game in the NAND partition. Should I move it to SD CARD?

Cfw folder is meant to be atmosphere, reinx or sxos (sxos subfolder might be titles, it's been a while since I've checked) other than that your layout is pretty good

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, I read a bit, I have a bigger confusion than before, but it turns out that there is no way to turn ON CFW and start the game from the eshop like this on click. I'm right or I'm skipping something, because I can't see with my eyes from reading anymore....

Turns out, that the best way for my is, buy heavy games cardrige, and light games from eshop.

I am right or not?

On emuummc you can play backups of eshop and physical games - sysmmc can play official eshop (backups = nsp/xci)

Reactions: thief_fighter

PrzemmeK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Cfw folder is meant to be atmosphere, reinx or sxos (sxos subfolder might be titles, it's been a while since I've checked) other than that your layout is pretty good

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On emuummc you can play backups of eshop and physical games - sysmmc can play official eshop (backups = nsp/xci)

Yep, when i goes to bed I read something more, and now i get it (probably)
So, what i understand, i can make my own copy of eshop using this tool - SwitchSDTool and for cardrige - Gamecard Installer NX?
Last question, if i buy on eshop and on cfw i just download game not a making own copy (going the easy way) is this safe? I mean rootkit virus etc.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, when i goes to bed I read something more, and now i get it (probably)
So, what i understand, i can make my own copy of eshop using this tool - SwitchSDTool and for cardrige - Gamecard Installer NX?
Last question, if i buy on eshop and on cfw i just download game not a making own copy (going the easy way) is this safe? I mean rootkit virus etc.

Yeah the easy way is what I would recommend for emummc(Cfw) but as always take a backup of your nand and keys as a just in case :)

thief_fighter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks, I put it under cfw folder here, but the patch is still not applied. Do I have to "activate" something?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 17.11.36.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 17.11.36.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 171

Gasket

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First thing you would do after successfully hacking the console is to backup the eMMC. Hekate is by far the best tool for the job and you will be using it for many other things such as also restoring the eMMC. The reason you are backing it up is twofold; the backup you are making is going to be clean and devoid of any CFW/homebrew so this way, the console will not get banned after hacking. The other reason is that having an eMMC backup assures that if your console somehow gets bricked, you have a fallback. After that, its as simple as loading CFW and any save manager homebrew to load the save file. You can follow any number of non-video based guides to accomplish this. The one I recommend is this one.

Thank you kind stranger. Much appreciate the advice. Will give it a try this week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/lssx_bNgdAE?si=T5MxUWkA3KtBDSYS