Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I finally tried updating my firmware via ChoiDujourNX and now I am getting an error code when trying to launch Atmosphere through Hekate:

Error Code: 2168-0002 (0x4a8)
Program: 420000000000000010
Firmare: 9.2.0 (Atmosphere 0.13.0-master-32951329

Any insight into fixing this would be greatly appreciated. -_-;

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I finally tried updating my firmware via ChoiDujourNX and now I am getting an error code when trying to launch Atmosphere through Hekate:

Error Code: 2168-0002 (0x4a8)
Program: 420000000000000010
Firmare: 9.2.0 (Atmosphere 0.13.0-master-32951329

Any insight into fixing this would be greatly appreciated. -_-;
Delete the 4200000000000010 folder in /atmosphere/contents

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is another one for the experts...

I followed this guide... https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

It set me up to do primary loading Hekate for my payload. As this worked, Tinfoil would not work, I could not install things, etc.

Going reading more, it was suggested to use Fusee_Atmosphere for the payload, Tinfoil works, lots of other little things work, It just seems a little better at least in the homebrew part.

Then I see SX OS, I tried to load it and with the payload and file on root of my SD, it just gives a black screen and nothing ever happens.

I know they are just different payloads from different teams...so why chose one or the other ? Is there a better/safer one ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is another one for the experts...

I followed this guide... https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

It set me up to do primary loading Hekate for my payload. As this worked, Tinfoil would not work, I could not install things, etc.

Going reading more, it was suggested to use Fusee_Atmosphere for the payload, Tinfoil works, lots of other little things work, It just seems a little better at least in the homebrew part.

Then I see SX OS, I tried to load it and with the payload and file on root of my SD, it just gives a black screen and nothing ever happens.

I know they are just different payloads from different teams...so why chose one or the other ? Is there a better/safer one ?
Its mostly just drama. No option is objectively superior to another. My personal setup is Hekate from SDSetup with Awoo Installer.

Reactions: DavidinCT

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the NSO emulators, and yes I know you can't use them with a fake linked account anymore, are there actually any games that require a linked account and can be played without connecting to Nintendo? Is there a list of said games? (Not including modified nsps)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from the NSO emulators, and yes I know you can't use them with a fake linked account anymore, are there actually any games that require a linked account and can be played without connecting to Nintendo? Is there a list of said games? (Not including modified nsps)
Some examples include Stardew Valley, Mortal Kombat, and Bloodstained.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/blob/master/py/Linked_Account_Patchable_Games.txt

The list is probably a bit outdated but it should give you a rough idea. The "patchable" ones can be patched with nsc_builder if you wish.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/blob/master/py/Linked_Account_Patchable_Games.txt

The list is probably a bit outdated but it should give you a rough idea. The "patchable" ones can be patched with nsc_builder if you wish.
Thank you. I still don't understand why online only games are on the list. So you can patch out the nnid requirement in fortnite, but it's not going to play online without that, right? Same with DC universe.

I kept getting mixed reports about mk11 and bloodstained needing a linked account, but the updates not needing it. Probably faulty info.

Edit: mk11 is missing?

Last edited by OrGoN3,

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I still don't understand why online only games are on the list. So you can patch out the nnid requirement in fortnite, but it's not going to play online without that, right? Same with DC universe.

I kept getting mixed reports about mk11 and bloodstained needing a linked account, but the updates not needing it. Probably faulty info.

fortnite that is a ONLINE only game, on a modded SWTICH is a very, very, very bad idea...Unless you found a way to play local over wi-fi or something. Welcome to the world of having a banned switch.

I tried some things last night with this and was googling like crazy.... I tried the Official NES and SNES ports, those cant be bypassed but, another one, Some Marble rolling game (I like these for some reason), and it did ask but, because I used the 90dns, it cant hit the servers, so after trying 2-3 times, it just let me play the game...

Not sure if there is a difference here, can this Marble game (I gota look at the name), be patched so it does not ask me any more and allows me to play it directly with being able to save my game ?

And I DON'T want to mess up my save games....like some other options...

Last edited by DavidinCT,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fortnite that is a ONLINE only game, on a modded SWTICH is a very, very, very bad idea...Unless you found a way to play local over wi-fi or something. Welcome to the world of having a banned switch.

I tried some things last night with this and was googling like crazy.... I tried the Official NES and SNES ports, those cant be bypassed but, another one, Some Marble rolling game (I like these for some reason), and it did ask but, because I used the 90dns, it cant hit the servers, so after trying 2-3 times, it just let me play the game...

Not sure if there is a difference here, can this Marble game (I gota look at the name), be patched so it does not ask me any more and allows me to play it directly with being able to save my game ?

And I DON'T want to mess up my save games....like some other options...
Kefir removes your saves, but you can back them up first. Then after the new linked account is there, you can restore your saves. Before you can do that though, you have to start each game first and create a save. Then you can restore them.

I am more than well aware it's an online only game. I mentioned it in my post. I know how to get banned. Thank you. But that had zero bearing on my questions.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Like i said, a bit outdated heh. I guess you could give it a try and report to jules so he can update the list.

Online only games are on the list because is intended to show what games can be patched on a technical level, online only or not. Now if the games is f2p, online only or worth playing it doesn't really matter, it's just to show it can be technically done.

Last edited by Tokiwa,
Reactions: OrGoN3

Ugonespolino

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys! Is it possibile to increase the fps of any game you want? maybe with Overclocking? In particular i want to increase the FPS of AO Tennis 2, thank for any reply!

fragzz_

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, so I'm planning on installing sx os on my switch and am planning on using the OFW for online play, and keeping the cfw offline at all times, and only loading xcis. do I need to create emunand?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hey guys, so I'm planning on installing sx os on my switch and am planning on using the OFW for online play, and keeping the cfw offline at all times, and only loading xcis. do I need to create emunand?
Yes, you need EmuNAND. You keep your SysNAND clean and your EmuNAND offline.

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. Ran into an issue, and I hope someone can help me out. I can't launch into the homebrew menu... Here's what I've done to my Switch today, and all the info for it.

I restored my sysNAND from a backup I made back in 2018, before I booted into any CFW, so it's clean. I then created an emuNAND for the first time today.

My Switch is NOT an iPatch unit. It's one of those from release. It is fusee gelee compatible. I use a jig and everything from cold boot.

My payload is: hekate_ctcaer_5.3.0.bin

From the hekate v5.3.0 menu, I click "Launch" and then "Atmosphere FSSO EmuMMC" option (I don't know what FSSO means)

My Switch boots up just fine. From System Settings, under System Update, it says "Current version: 4.1.0|AMS 0.13.0|E

I hold down the R button for the Album to launch into the homebrew menu, and the normal album pops up. If I hold down the L button on the Album and press A, it immediately crashes.
Error Code: 2011-0301 (0x25a0b) Program: 0100000000000023 Firmware: 4.1.0 (Atmosphere 0.13.0-master-32951329)

I try launching into the homebrew menu from a game cart (LoZ: BotW). I hold down the R button, and it tells me to select a user. I choose my only account, and it crashes again. Same error.
Error Code: 2011-0301 (0x25a0b) Program: 0100000000000023 Firmware: 4.1.0 (Atmosphere 0.13.0-master-32951329)

What can I do to fix this, so I can boot into the homebrew menu? Should I update from OFW 4.1.0?

Should I boot into sysNAND, update the OFW through online/game cart, and make a new emuNAND?

Last edited by Sparky076,
Reactions: Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Receiving this on my Switch trying to boot into Hbmenu or Atmosphere through Caffeine I believe
Non-PATCHED unit. 3.0.0 FW running SysNAND. Haven't created EmuNAND so far...too complicated right now. I don't need a Jig to and use Pegascape.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Error Code: 2011-0301 (0x25a0b)
Program:0100000000000023
Firmware: 3.0.0 (Atmosphere 0.13.0-master-32951329)

I was updating some apps in the homebrew store (I believe that's what its called.) Now I keep on receiving this message.
Is there an easy way to fix it?

Last edited by Retinal_FAILURE, , Reason: more information

Ace88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everybody,

I'm still on Switch Firmware 9.2 and I'd like to update to 10.4
I'm using Kosmos/Atmosphere to play NSPs and Retroarch.

I've read there have been some significant changes from 9 to 10. So I would be really happy if anyone could tell me if I'm on the right path.

First of all I`d like to ask if its allready safe to upgrade to 10.4.
I would proceed as follows:

1. Put the latest version of Kosmos/Atmosphere on my SD-Card
2. Update Firmware via Choidojour (offline console)
3.Update fs/es-patches?

How should I then proceed with the fs/es patches. I read it doesnt work the way it used to work until firmware 9. Is there anything i have to consider? Can i simply delete the old patches and put the new patches into folder?

thank you guys in advance!

kantaroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody,

I'm still on Switch Firmware 9.2 and I'd like to update to 10.4
I'm using Kosmos/Atmosphere to play NSPs and Retroarch.

I've read there have been some significant changes from 9 to 10. So I would be really happy if anyone could tell me if I'm on the right path.

First of all I`d like to ask if its allready safe to upgrade to 10.4.
I would proceed as follows:

1. Put the latest version of Kosmos/Atmosphere on my SD-Card
2. Update Firmware via Choidojour (offline console)
3.Update fs/es-patches?

How should I then proceed with the fs/es patches. I read it doesnt work the way it used to work until firmware 9. Is there anything i have to consider? Can i simply delete the old patches and put the new patches into folder?

thank you guys in advance!
If it helps, I tried to do this last week and I had some hiccups but I (mostly) got there in the end. I summarised what I did here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-upgrade-problem-emummc-is-forced-but-not-enabled.567385/

I say that I "mostly" got there in the end because over the last week I've realised that some of my games did not work any more (but oddly, most do, only about 1 in 4 of them don't). Albeit this could just be due to a a faulty SD card: for some of them I get a black screen saying the game cannot be loaded, but for others it says that the SD card has an error and (after performing some checks on it), it says that the SD card is corrupted.
I've noticed that if I uninstall my games and reinstall them they work fine, so that is basically my workaround.

Ace88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for your reply.

I wanted to add that i dont use emunand.

Edit: I did as i described and simply added the haruko patches. got the same result as kantaroo. some games work fine other show a "corrupted file" message.

I`ll try to reinstall them and let you know!

Last edited by Ace88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?