Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All i'm asking is actually: Does the "Incognito Emummc" option works for Emunand. The reason i'm asking is to make sure nothing goes wrong, since i have no idea if Atmosphere and SX uses the same structure for their Emummc/Emunand(whatever the terms). And i'm still asking this same question.

Other are personal choices, and i also stated the reason of my choice, both TX(stealth mode) and author of incognito stated that even when applying those its still not completely safe, blocking communication is their goal, but that doesn't mean they use the same method, 91DNS also blocks communication, some people decide to use those combined, its just a personal choice.

Anyways thanks for your reply, i respect your opinion :) But i still wish to do it
Yes, both Atmosphere and SX OS utilize emuMMC the same way. There are even ways to set it up so that you can boot either Atmosphere or SX OS on the emuMMC.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I said in my previous, you can USB install the .XCI files without splitting them so there is no reason to use exFAT
But with Fat32, I cannot dump my cartridge to one file larger than 4gb. They can only be created as xci split on fat32.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Draxzelex In this case I wouldnt have a backup in my hdd. I would like to have a backup on my hdd, which I can install to my switch lateron. What would be the standard way for this?

Space_Invaderx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

I have a non-patched Switch with atmosphere 0.12.0 and emuMMC which was recently updated to the latest firmware 10.0.1 by mistake (my 2 kids are the primary users and our joy-cons drift sometimes).

I normally do the updates with ChoiDujour, but as I mentioned my kids accidentally updated within emuMMC when the prompt came up. I have managed to get Atmosphere working again by updating the necessary folders, but the games are not working; SD card is corrupt. I have tried enabling the bit fix in Hekate, but I still get corruption errors.

I have a backup of the entire micro SD card (includes emuMMC partition also) on my PC that I made using HDD Raw Copy Tool (as per this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/moving-emummc-hidden-partition-to-a-larger-sd-card.545094/). So I am wondering:

1) Is it worth it to restore the card with the image copy and then do the update with ChoiDujour?

2) Is it easier or less time consuming to just backup the game saves with Checkpoint and reinstall the games?

TLDR: Kids didn't mean to, but updated emuMMC, now games don't work. Should I reinstall games or restore my mSD card using a backup image copy?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Going for option 3. Backed up the game saves with Checkpoint, wiped the micro SD card, and I am copying the backup image back onto the card.

Last edited by Space_Invaderx,

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. What is the benefit of dumping a cartridge to xci files and not dumping it to nsp files? Is there a lower ban risk for installing xci files rather than installing nsp files?

2. My switch is not banned, yet. I would like to go online on my ofw and play games on my emummc cfw offline. Is it safe to have wifi enabled on emummc cfw with dns settings as listed here or should I disable wifi completely?
https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacking/fuseegelee/safetyprecautions
Set ‘Primary DNS’ to ‘163.172.141.219’
Set ‘Secondary DNS’ to ‘45.248.48.62’

Last edited by MSco,

switchitup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I recently tried to delete a update for pokemon shield via goldleaf and after that the game wouldn't work because it said it needed the update. So I deleted the game entirely via system firmware. I tried to reinstall the game with JITS but its not there and after looking at edizon it still shows like pokemon shield is installed. Any ideas?

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got to 10.0.0 using atomosphere and hekate and i cannot find a way to install an XCI since my tinfoil wont work with hekate.. even if I do get tinfoil to work and install the game it wont work anymore after I boot the console up again. Is there any way I can convert the XCI to an NSP? I had an old keys.txt but it wont work anymore.. is there a good way to get keys and install an XCi using 10.0.0 atmosphere hekate? thanks...

minka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i know this has probably been asked before but is it even worth it adding homebrew to the switch now and risking a ban or should i just wait until its end of life and until more stuff is developed

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey all,

just wanted to know if there is any Homebrew/Tool that allows me to play a game with a Pro Controller when it is supposed to be played with Joy Cons (Like Super Mario Party, or Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee)?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. What is the benefit of dumping a cartridge to xci files and not dumping it to nsp files? Is there a lower ban risk for installing xci files rather than installing nsp files?

2. My switch is not banned, yet. I would like to go online on my ofw and play games on my emummc cfw offline. Is it safe to have wifi enabled on emummc cfw with dns settings as listed here or should I disable wifi completely?
https://switch.homebrew.guide/hacking/fuseegelee/safetyprecautions
Set ‘Primary DNS’ to ‘163.172.141.219’
Set ‘Secondary DNS’ to ‘45.248.48.62’
  1. The only reasons are for people who do not wish to convert their files
  2. I recommend just disabling Wi-Fi as there is no use for Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console in the first place
Hi I recently tried to delete a update for pokemon shield via goldleaf and after that the game wouldn't work because it said it needed the update. So I deleted the game entirely via system firmware. I tried to reinstall the game with JITS but its not there and after looking at edizon it still shows like pokemon shield is installed. Any ideas?
You have to reset the version with Goldleaf.

I just got to 10.0.0 using atomosphere and hekate and i cannot find a way to install an XCI since my tinfoil wont work with hekate.. even if I do get tinfoil to work and install the game it wont work anymore after I boot the console up again. Is there any way I can convert the XCI to an NSP? I had an old keys.txt but it wont work anymore.. is there a good way to get keys and install an XCi using 10.0.0 atmosphere hekate? thanks...
You can use Awoo Installer to install .XCI files.

i know this has probably been asked before but is it even worth it adding homebrew to the switch now and risking a ban or should i just wait until its end of life and until more stuff is developed
You could wait until end of life not because more stuff will be developed (because everything at this point has been done) but because bans may become more scarce by then.

Hey all,

just wanted to know if there is any Homebrew/Tool that allows me to play a game with a Pro Controller when it is supposed to be played with Joy Cons (Like Super Mario Party, or Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee)?

Thanks!
Unfortunately there is no such tool.

Reactions: minka and Houjin

mafaveli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2 questions,

1. Is there a guide on transferring my SD card setup (with emuNAND) from my old 64gb to new larger sd card, that isn't too painful and maintains my saves / setup?

2. Once setup does launching into 'stock sys' from the hekate menu (I have vanilla atmosphere) leave any traces or dirty my NAND up? (I have a backup of my NAND when it was completely clean).

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200505_040524.jpg
    20200505_040524.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by mafaveli,

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recommend just disabling Wi-Fi as there is no use for Wi-Fi settings on a hacked console in the first place
There are some benefits like
- installing nsp via LAN,
- installing homebrew via LAN
- awoo installer has the option to download sig-patches (requires internet connection)
- nxdumptool has the option "verify dump using no-intro database" (requires internet connection).

So you would recommend to dispense these features? I saw in the awoo installer thread on the first page, that you at least use the sig patch management feature of awoo installer (requires internet connection).

And the switch homebrew guide seems to indicate that this 90dns is safe. Is this not correct?

Last edited by MSco,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some benefits like
- installing nsp via LAN,
- installing homebrew via LAN
- awoo installer has the option to download sig-patches (requires internet connection)
- nxdumptool has the option "verify dump using no-intro database" (requires internet connection).

So you would recommend to dispense these features? I saw in the awoo installer thread on the first page, that you at least use the sig patch management feature of awoo installer (requires internet connection).

And the switch homebrew guide seems to indicate that this 90dns is safe. Is this not correct?
The only feature worth it is probably NXDumptool's ability to verify dumps. Everything else is done better locally. Installing .NSP files and homebrew applications via USB is faster than over the network. And I would never download "sig-patches" through a homebrew applicaton as I would prefer downloading them myself. I recommend Awoo Installer as it is the best title installer that doesn't carry any drama. Goldleaf is way too slow to be considered a viable option and DZ doesn't work with Hekate/Kosmos.

90DNS is safe but I personally do not see the value in it.

Reactions: MSco

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When dumping update data or cartridges with nxdumptool the following options can be done:

- hide console specific data
- change npdm rsa key/sig in Program NCA
- Keep certificate

What is the purpose of these options? Should I enable or disable one of them explicitely, when I want to use those dumps for myself only? I would like to be as safe as possible.

Last edited by MSco,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1