Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to install DLCs of the US version of a game onto the JPN version? They have different title ID so I assume the answer would be no. But the JPN version even has English subtitles and it's in all honestly identical (don't know why they even bothered releasing an English version few months later)

Last edited by simsimsim,

Dong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
I'd like to hack my unpatched switch 9.0.1 (Sx OS - Emunand), but I want to transfer my User Data on an other console before.
(OFW needs to be up-to-date)
Is it possible to hack it then update my sysnand to transfer my data ?

Felipne87r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
excuse my ignorance or anything, but just had a dream, idk either if this is the right place to post this.
the SD card had a file, that when entering the news thing in the home menu and the "search channels" thing, there was an entrypoint for homebrew, is that possible?

I mean, maybe it's just a dream but, things like the periodic table were created on a dream...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello , i as wondering if anyone can help me please, i have a rcm loader, and just bought a sx os license , i did the keycode on xecuter website all been it through a proxy as i am in uk and xecuter website is blocked over here, i get a success page and a download of the license.dat, however after putting it on sd card , then rebooting sx os, i get a error saying oh no the licence on your microsd card is invalid for this switch console. Does anyone know why this is happening at all, it is a brand new sd card, i have even tried 3 other sd cards all with the same issue. any help would be appreciated thx.
How is your SD card formatted?

Hello
I'd like to hack my unpatched switch 9.0.1 (Sx OS - Emunand), but I want to transfer my User Data on an other console before.
(OFW needs to be up-to-date)
Is it possible to hack it then update my sysnand to transfer my data ?
Yes

excuse my ignorance or anything, but just had a dream, idk either if this is the right place to post this.
the SD card had a file, that when entering the news thing in the home menu and the "search channels" thing, there was an entrypoint for homebrew, is that possible?

I mean, maybe it's just a dream but, things like the periodic table were created on a dream...
I think you need to go back to sleep :rofl2:

Reactions: Felipne87r

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3.) Will my officially updated SysNAND stay downgradeable as long as I keep AutoRCM activated?
3) If you haven't burnt fuses (check with hekate), you can always go back without the need of a custom boot loader.
I don't know where I messed up, but I just burnt my fuses after avoiding this for more than a year...

I double-checked if AutoRCM was activated (it was) and updated my SysNAND with a cartridge update in stock mode. Instead of rebooting into RCM mode (which I expected) it just rebooted into stock mode. AutoRCM had been turned off now and I needed to use my jig to re-enter RCM and Hekate. I just checked and my count of burnt fuses rose from 5 to 9.

No downgrades for me anymore... Guess I'll have to create a new clean NAND backup since my old one should be useless now.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where I messed up, but I just burnt my fuses after avoiding this for more than a year...

I double-checked if AutoRCM was activated (it was) and updated my SysNAND with a cartridge update in stock mode. Instead of rebooting into RCM mode (which I expected) it just rebooted into stock mode. AutoRCM had been turned off now and I needed to use my jig to re-enter RCM and Hekate. I just checked and my count of burnt fuses rose from 5 to 9.

No downgrades for me anymore... Guess I'll have to create a new clean NAND backup since my old one should be useless now.
If you update your system normally while running OFW, AutoRCM will be overwritten, and you will burn fuses. If you're going to update normally, then in order to preserve AutoRCM, you must either a.) do so while running Atmosphere, or b.) riskily boot into RCM using a jig immediately after the update to reinstall AutoRCM.

Reactions: bjaxx87

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you update your system normally while running OFW, AutoRCM will be overwritten, and you will burn fuses. If you're going to update normally, then in order to preserve AutoRCM, you must either a.) do so while running Atmosphere, or b.) riskily boot into RCM using a jig immediately after the update to reinstall AutoRCM.
Wow, I studied lots of guides and this is the first time I see that kind of information. I was told that booting SysNAND in Atmosphère would ruin a clean NAND, so I did it the official way and hoped for a reboot into RCM.

So in other words there is no perfect (free of risk) solution to update a clean SysNAND without burning fuses.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I studied lots of guides and this is the first time I see that kind of information. I was told that booting SysNAND in Atmosphère would ruin a clean NAND, so I did it the official way and hoped for a reboot into RCM.

So in other words there is no perfect (free of risk) solution to update a clean SysNAND without burning fuses.
You're highly unlikely to dirty a NAND merely by running stock Atmosphere once to update the system, but yes, you are correct.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're highly unlikely to dirty a NAND merely by running stock Atmosphere once to update the system, but yes, you are correct.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind and use Atmosphère for further updates (not only via cartridge, even online ones, I guess?).

Even though I'm not sure if keeping the ability to downgrade to FW 8.0.1 will be of any use in the future - compared to 4.1.0 which I just lost.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'll keep that in mind and use Atmosphère for further updates (not only via cartridge, even online ones, I guess?).
You can use Atmosphere to do online updates while retaining AutoRCM, yes. Some more paranoid users allow the update to download while running OFW and only switch to Atmosphere offline after the update is finished downloading and it's ready to install. In other words, they only switch to Atmosphere after receiving the "update is ready to install" message and going offline. With regard to ban risk, it probably doesn't matter either way, but this method is technically has the potential to be safer.

Even though I'm not sure if keeping the ability to downgrade to FW 8.0.1 will be of any use in the future - compared to 4.1.0 which I just lost.
You can still downgrade to 4.1.0 using your clean backup as long as you're booting it through Hekate (or fusee-primary). With your new fuse count mismatch, you just can't boot OFW normally after downgrading, and it won't help you if a new exploit is released. In other words, your 4.1.0 backup is only useful for cleaning your NAND.

If you're going to use AutoRCM anyway, then you might as well keep the ability to downgrade to 8.0.1, even though it probably won't be of any use.

Last edited by Lacius,

Jazin Kay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have an XAW1 Switch, I'm told this one has a hardware defect that prevents custom firmware patching out via updates altogether, but unsure exactly how. Firmware is currently 9.0.1, I believe. I know the latest update has not yet updated on mine.

Is there not yet a homebrew setup for 9.0.1 yet? I want to install CFW onto it, but I'm worried I may not be able to, and I apparently need a folded paperclip to do it, is that right? I've softmodded Gamecubes, a DS, a 3DS, my Wii, but apparently this is pretty different.

Where do I start, exactly?

https://nintendoswitchjailbreak.net/nintendo-switch-jailbreak-cfw/ <--- Is this trusted? NOT attempting until I can confirm, sounds too simple.

Last edited by Jazin Kay,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Any way to install NSPs using a Mac?
Use Goldtree and Quark.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, I have an XAW1 Switch, I'm told this one has a hardware defect that prevents custom firmware patching out via updates altogether, but unsure exactly how. Firmware is currently 9.0.1, I believe. I know the latest update has not yet updated on mine.

Is there not yet a homebrew setup for 9.0.1 yet? I want to install CFW onto it, but I'm worried I may not be able to, and I apparently need a folded paperclip to do it, is that right? I've softmodded Gamecubes, a DS, a 3DS, my Wii, but apparently this is pretty different.

Where do I start, exactly?

https://nintendoswitchjailbreak.net/nintendo-switch-jailbreak-cfw/ <--- Is this trusted? NOT attempting until I can confirm, sounds too simple.
If your switch is unpatched, you can hack it on any firmware. CFW works on the latest firmware (9.1.0). Use this guide: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/.

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys I have some questions.
- is possible to automatically reboot atmosphere without doing the payload injection?
- I previously formatted my sd in two partitions: one for the CFW and one or OFW. Now I would like to resize the CFW partition to give memory. I possible to do it without loosing all the data inside? Even to delete the OFW partition would e nice.
- is ok to update xci games from the nintendo service? Or should I ffind the update b myself on the internet?

Last edited by Tackskull,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have some questions.
- is possible to automatically reboot atmosphere without doing the payload injection?
- I previously formatted my sd in two partitions: one for the CFW and one or OFW. Now I would like to resize the CFW partition to give memory. I possible to do it without loosing all the data inside? Even to delete the OFW partition would e nice.
- is ok to update xci games from the nintendo service? Or should I ffind the update b myself on the internet?
  • If by reboot you mean to reload Atmosphere, while you are in CFW, pressing the Restart option will reboot the console into CFW. However if you ever turn off the console, you still need to send a payload
  • You will have to delete one of the partitions
  • People have been banned for updating .XCI files online

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
  • If by reboot you mean to reload Atmosphere, while you are in CFW, pressing the Restart option will reboot the console into CFW. However if you ever turn off the console, you still need to send a payload
  • You will have to delete one of the partitions
  • People have been banned for updating .XCI files online

Which program I have to use to delete the partition? If I delete the partition of the OFW all the files in the other one willl be safe?

chopaxepiece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

Back again with another nooby question.
My RCM switch thingy landed today along with my micro sd card.
I've been following a tutorial on youtube and another one on bitchute who seems pretty verified and it seems relatively easy.

One question i am unsure of, once a CFW is installed along with patches and updates etc does it load up the CFW automatically every time i boot the switch up or do i need to manually launch it or do i need to put the RCM switch everytime?

Last edited by chopaxepiece,

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Actually via a payload software. What I was asking is an homebrew application that let me modify the sd partitions. Cause I don't want to use the jig again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...