Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Brando72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok cool so i would have to go through atmosphere to update?
i am assuming i dont go through the standard settings > update process any typical switch does...?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
ok cool so i would have to go through atmosphere to update?
i am assuming i dont go through the standard settings > update process any typical switch does...?
Get ChoiDujourNX and the firmware files for 8.1.0 from Google. Replace every file on your sd card with the files from the latest atmosphere release. Boot your switch and update with ChoiDujourNX to 8.1.0.

Dannilad09

Trophies
XP
Country
Kosmos Toolbox is loading the wrong version of Hekate for me, how can I change this and where do I need to put the correct hekate.bin file on my SD?

Divi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

After two full evenings of research and browsing through topics and websites I think I’m needing help.

I’ve got a switch that isn’t patched and can’t manage to install any XCI (or NSP) file on it.
To be sure I didn’t messed anything, I’ll start from scratch:

At first I formated my 64gb Samsung micro sd on exFat, turned on my switch and then inserted the sd in it. It asked to update the console, after the update it reboot.
I put back the sd in my computer, download Atmosphere 0.9. 3and put the 3 folders (atmosphere, switch, sept) and the hbmenu.nro at the root of the card.

I download TegraRCM and fusee-primary payload, plug the switch to my computer, turn it off, insert the sd, insert the jig, boot on rcm by pressing Vol+ and Power

I enter to hblauncher by pressing R when opening Album applet and notice it launch.
I turn off the switch, boot again but with hekate to dump fuses and tkeys. After this i boot onto LockpickRCM to get the keys to convert my XCI bakcups to NSP, everything works flawlessly until now.

I try to install both XCI (with tinfoil) and NSP (tinfoil/goldleaf) versions of the games I have a 0x234c02 error with goldleaf (0.7) and tinfoil (3.02) tell me that the file is corrupted (which is very unlikely)

After researches, i download sigpatches (2.0.0-8.1.0) and try again, nothing change, errors are still present and are the same

I tried once again (thinking I messed somewhere) from scratch but this time i took the files directly from sdsetup website, I still have the same problem..

I have no more idea on what to do right now, has someone any tip for me please? (Even if I have to start from scratch again I don’t mind)

Datmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I haven't used my Switch for almost a year and I think the firmware is 5.x something and now I want to play some new games but I am not sure what my best choice is. I am using SX OS the regular way, i.e. I have no EMU-NAND. The scene seems to have moved towards EMU-NAND and I haven't been keeping up with the developments.

What is the advantage of trying to keep the system NAND/OFW as low as possible (on 5.X) and creating EMU-NAND with newest firmware 8.1.0? No burnt fuses I read, what is this good for?

What is the disadvantage to just updating OFW to 8.1.0 and using SX 2.8 Beta the "regular way"? Emulators still work?

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, I haven’t followed custom firmware development at all but I was thinking of buying a second Switch with CFW and I had a few questions.

First, I came across a cheap unit that only includes the actual switch unit, like only the screen part, not the dock or any other part. I’d be able to try it out and see if it’s working properly. Is there any scam or anything I should be worried about? How can I check that it’s not banned and that it’s all proper? It has atmosphere on it.

Besides that, what are the main advantages of the CFW? How’s the emulation scene? Does it play 64, PlayStation or even GameCube? Probably not...

Any other cool things you can’t normally do? Save back ups I imagine.

I was pretty happy with 3DS CFW and I’m curious if a switch is worth it. How future proof is it. I realize there’s no certainties but so far you’ve been able to keep up to date with the firmware once jailbroken right?

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
After creating an Emunand in SX OS, can i delete the Nintendo folder (and thus its mass of installed games)? (So that OFW is essentially "empty"/more space on the card)

smash34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
My cartridge got corrupted so i decided to delete all data of the cartridge then i restart my switch then when i tried to play my cartridge it says update required.please help me I am a NOOB.

boooluk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
atmosphere cheat module is not running on this system, cheat management and variable freezing is disabled,
i have the newest atmosphere/kosmos, and cfw 8.1.0 but it display this error.
re installed everything but same error

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Is AutoRCM advised to be installed? I did not understood the disadvantages in the guide.
When AutoRCM is enabled, the Switch requires a method of injecting Payloads to get to the home screen, but it can enter RCM without having to "bridge" the connection on the right Joy-Con rail with a really cheap RCM Jig that can be purchased for $5 or less, or RCM methods.

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally received my RMC loader after 3 weeks, so I am ready to follow the guides I've chekced so far, but I still want to ask if it is safe to use them haha.

I am following this guide https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

BUT, I am getting my SD pakcage ready from here https://sdsetup.com (making sure that it contains the same files mentioned in the previous guide.

I asume it is safe to continue right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosmos Toolbox is loading the wrong version of Hekate for me, how can I change this and where do I need to put the correct hekate.bin file on my SD?
Update the reboot_to_payload.bin file in the atmosphere folder.

Hi guys,

After two full evenings of research and browsing through topics and websites I think I’m needing help.

I’ve got a switch that isn’t patched and can’t manage to install any XCI (or NSP) file on it.
To be sure I didn’t messed anything, I’ll start from scratch:

At first I formated my 64gb Samsung micro sd on exFat, turned on my switch and then inserted the sd in it. It asked to update the console, after the update it reboot.
I put back the sd in my computer, download Atmosphere 0.9. 3and put the 3 folders (atmosphere, switch, sept) and the hbmenu.nro at the root of the card.

I download TegraRCM and fusee-primary payload, plug the switch to my computer, turn it off, insert the sd, insert the jig, boot on rcm by pressing Vol+ and Power

I enter to hblauncher by pressing R when opening Album applet and notice it launch.
I turn off the switch, boot again but with hekate to dump fuses and tkeys. After this i boot onto LockpickRCM to get the keys to convert my XCI bakcups to NSP, everything works flawlessly until now.

I try to install both XCI (with tinfoil) and NSP (tinfoil/goldleaf) versions of the games I have a 0x234c02 error with goldleaf (0.7) and tinfoil (3.02) tell me that the file is corrupted (which is very unlikely)

After researches, i download sigpatches (2.0.0-8.1.0) and try again, nothing change, errors are still present and are the same

I tried once again (thinking I messed somewhere) from scratch but this time i took the files directly from sdsetup website, I still have the same problem..

I have no more idea on what to do right now, has someone any tip for me please? (Even if I have to start from scratch again I don’t mind)
Try using ReiNX

So I haven't used my Switch for almost a year and I think the firmware is 5.x something and now I want to play some new games but I am not sure what my best choice is. I am using SX OS the regular way, i.e. I have no EMU-NAND. The scene seems to have moved towards EMU-NAND and I haven't been keeping up with the developments.

What is the advantage of trying to keep the system NAND/OFW as low as possible (on 5.X) and creating EMU-NAND with newest firmware 8.1.0? No burnt fuses I read, what is this good for?

What is the disadvantage to just updating OFW to 8.1.0 and using SX 2.8 Beta the "regular way"? Emulators still work?
The advantage of a lower firmware is that these are more vulnerable to exploits than higher firmware versions so if a better exploit is released in the future, such as untethered coldboot, there are better chances it will be released on the lower firmware versions. The disadvantages of updating normally means you may be stuck using Fusee Gelee for the rest of your console's lifespan as a means to boot CFW. If you are content with this, you can burn fuses and update normally. However since it is so easy to avoid burning fuses while updating and that there are no advantages to burning fuses, I recommend you to update without burning fuses.

Hello, I haven’t followed custom firmware development at all but I was thinking of buying a second Switch with CFW and I had a few questions.

First, I came across a cheap unit that only includes the actual switch unit, like only the screen part, not the dock or any other part. I’d be able to try it out and see if it’s working properly. Is there any scam or anything I should be worried about? How can I check that it’s not banned and that it’s all proper? It has atmosphere on it.

Besides that, what are the main advantages of the CFW? How’s the emulation scene? Does it play 64, PlayStation or even GameCube? Probably not...

Any other cool things you can’t normally do? Save back ups I imagine.

I was pretty happy with 3DS CFW and I’m curious if a switch is worth it. How future proof is it. I realize there’s no certainties but so far you’ve been able to keep up to date with the firmware once jailbroken right?
Used consoles are very good for Switch hacking as the current exploit only works on first generation units. As long as the reviews are good, you should not have anything to worry about. And checking if its banned is as simple as loading the eShop.

There are multiple advantages to CFW including but not limited to homebrew, emulation, game mods, overclocking, and piracy. Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1 are playable via Retroarch while Gamecube emulation is not in a playable state.

As long as you find a generation 1 console, the exploit for it cannot be patched out via a firmware update. A preliminary test can be done by checking the serial number and comparing it to the ones in this thread. If the number is in an orange zone, then the definitive test is by trying to send a payload.

After creating an Emunand in SX OS, can i delete the Nintendo folder (and thus its mass of installed games)? (So that OFW is essentially "empty"/more space on the card)
While you can, keep in mind the tickets required to launch those games will stay within the SysNAND's internal memory.

My cartridge got corrupted so i decided to delete all data of the cartridge then i restart my switch then when i tried to play my cartridge it says update required.please help me I am a NOOB.
Install the update.

Is there a way to just erase the emunand user and settings so it is fresh/blank? (but keep emunand)
I would not recommend doing so as certain games and content require a linked Nintendo Account.
I finally received my RMC loader after 3 weeks, so I am ready to follow the guides I've chekced so far, but I still want to ask if it is safe to use them haha.

I am following this guide https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

BUT, I am getting my SD pakcage ready from here https://sdsetup.com (making sure that it contains the same files mentioned in the previous guide.

I asume it is safe to continue right?
The second link has its own guide for the files which you can find here

Can I update sysnand to 9.0 and stay 8.1 on emunand?
9.0 hasn't even released yet. And unless you have to play a game online, I highly advise against doing so.

Reactions: Walo and LuigiXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA