Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Are you using the latest version of Kosmos? Stock is working for me although I downloaded it off of SDSetup instead. Make sure that you updated the sept folder as well.

Thanks man, this did the trick. Basic stuff indeed. Really have to remember to just try to update everything first if something isn't working...

Reactions: Draxzelex

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've just bought the console so I'm about to begin setting everything up. Want to see what I'm expecting to see in the end.

If you're saying it all looks the same in the end, does it mean Caffeine on 4.1.0 and Fusee-Gelee on an unpatched console both look the same in the end?
Yes, because you use both to boot to Atmosphere. The difference between these two is the exploit itself and how you trigger it.

Reactions: Francesca

FLOOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi back, i have bought an SD card adapter, to install SX Os on it, but apparently the adapter isn't working, is there any way to install the Os? can i just use my phone as an adapter (well, i think it's impossible), or any other solutions?
Thanks

VolcanoY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have several questions and I hope all of them can be answered.
I have set up an emunand trough atmoshpehere 0.9.2 and hekate 5.0, but the guide I followed metioned that after booting emunand
I had to set it up like a new switch, but my emunand looked exactly like my systemnand. Also booting into emunand stock without cfw results in a black screen.
The only way to get out of it is a hard shutdown. Because of this I am not sure if i set it up correctly.
Also I have launched stock systemnand(no cfw) trough hekata's launch option, because I have autoRCM turned on I can't reboot into OFW and it just puts me into RCM.
Will launching systemnand trough hekate + atmoshpere be dangerous? Has anyone been banned yet for doing so?
Should I just restore my systemnand, turn of autorcm and just use a jig everytime?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When restoring an old backup, what happens with the Nintendo folder? Want to that now but I'm not sure what's the right way to restore a Backup to go online
The Nintendo folder is untouched but the games should disappear from your home menu as their tickets are no longer installed in the NAND after the restore (assuming they were installed after the backup was made).

Hi back, i have bought an SD card adapter, to install SX Os on it, but apparently the adapter isn't working, is there any way to install the Os? can i just use my phone as an adapter (well, i think it's impossible), or any other solutions?
Thanks
As long as you can get the boot.dat file on your SD card, anything can work even your phone.

I have several questions and I hope all of them can be answered.
I have set up an emunand trough atmoshpehere 0.9.2 and hekate 5.0, but the guide I followed metioned that after booting emunand
I had to set it up like a new switch, but my emunand looked exactly like my systemnand. Also booting into emunand stock without cfw results in a black screen.
The only way to get out of it is a hard shutdown. Because of this I am not sure if i set it up correctly.
Also I have launched stock systemnand(no cfw) trough hekata's launch option, because I have autoRCM turned on I can't reboot into OFW and it just puts me into RCM.
Will launching systemnand trough hekate + atmoshpere be dangerous? Has anyone been banned yet for doing so?
Should I just restore my systemnand, turn of autorcm and just use a jig everytime?
If you launching CFW from SysNAND, no one has been banned just for launching Atmosphere. And if you do not mind burning fuses, you can disable AutoRCM.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question regarding the type of sd cards used for the new hacks. i have a SanDisk Ultra A1, will this card be good?
Just test that the SD card is not fake after you get it. Its not easy to tell a fake SD card from a real one before buying it but if a deal is too good to be true, its usually a fake SD card.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just test that the SD card is not fake after you get it. Its not easy to tell a fake SD card from a real one before buying it but if a deal is too good to be true, its usually a fake SD card.
thank you. it is a real one and i was asking because whenever i try to boot up into cfw it just gives me hekate and atmosphere logos and then a black screen, i think i followed everything correctly but i'll try again with the help of a friend and edit this if i got it running.

edit: cant for the life of me get it to work. i tried reformatting and everything including restarting the whole set up and i always get a black screen after trying to boot up into cfw. can anyone link me into a guide that they used and that it works for them, thanks!

i'm on fw 2.0.0

Last edited by haxan,

carval444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi i have a question. why use atmosphere/kosmos over reinx? like every recent homebrew tells you not to use atmosphere/kosmos and use reinx or sx os instead. like mm-linx , tinfoil, incognito,...
i know you can apply additional patches and enable cal0ams but still...

SignumEternis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my earlier questions were considered too noobish to answer or something, but luckily after some more searching I was able to find some guides that helped me figure everything out and get homebrew running on emuMMC. This guide: https://www.scenefolks.com/pages.php?page=4210 is good for getting emuMMC set up with the latest Hekate and Kosmos and also tells you how to start and add homebrew. And I found this guide: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/installnsps/installnsps-nsusbloader for installing NSPs. Hopefully those will help out some others that are just now getting into hacking their Switches.

I do still have a question, though. On the emuMMC guide I linked and a few other sites people have said that it's a good idea to use a separate SD card when using your legit sysNAND to be safest against being banned. I'm wondering how necessary this precaution really is? I'll remove my SD card when not using emuMMC just in case, but it'd be nice to not have to do that.

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Nintendo folder is untouched but the games should disappear from your home menu as their tickets are no longer installed in the NAND after the restore (assuming they were installed after the backup was made).

So I don't have to worry about the folder? What about deleting it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess my earlier questions were considered too noobish to answer or something, but luckily after some more searching I was able to find some guides that helped me figure everything out and get homebrew running on emuMMC. This guide: https://www.scenefolks.com/pages.php?page=4210 is good for getting emuMMC set up with the latest Hekate and Kosmos and also tells you how to start and add homebrew. And I found this guide: https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/installnsps/installnsps-nsusbloader for installing NSPs. Hopefully those will help out some others that are just now getting into hacking their Switches.

I do still have a question, though. On the emuMMC guide I linked and a few other sites people have said that it's a good idea to use a separate SD card when using your legit sysNAND to be safest against being banned. I'm wondering how necessary this precaution really is? I'll remove my SD card when not using emuMMC just in case, but it'd be nice to not have to do that.
In my humble opinion, it is absolutely unnecessary to use a separate SD card. I leave my SD card full of homebrew applications and .NSP files all the time while booting into Hekate's stock mode while going online. Heck, there are people who go online with CFW and are not banned. Scanning for files on the SD card is not only potentially illegal but can lead to false positives. It is extra work for no extra payoff.

So I don't have to worry about the folder? What about deleting it?
If you delete it, the games would have to be fully reinstalled. Assuming the NAND backup was made before the games were installed, leaving the folder intact would mean you only need to install the tickets to play the games again.

Ethan Pister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible yet to access online features such as the eShop on outdated firmwares through a cfw or homebrew (or any other means)? I'm on 7.0.1, and I'd love to be able to download Mario Maker 2, but I'm not sure if I can do so.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible yet to access online features such as the eShop on outdated firmwares through a cfw or homebrew (or any other means)? I'm on 7.0.1, and I'd love to be able to download Mario Maker 2, but I'm not sure if I can do so.
If you want to download a legitimate copy of Mario Maker 2, you have two options:
  1. Update your clean sysNAND to 8.1.0.
  2. Use a clean emuNAND that you've updated to 8.1.0.
If you were to reinstall AutoRCM (Ethan and I talked in another thread about AutoRCM), you could also update your sysNAND to 8.1.0 while preserving the ability to downgrade back to 7.0.1 later. However, it's going to be a very long while before the warmboot browser exploit is made to be compatible with 7.0.1, and there will almost certainly never be an untethered coldboot exploit for 7.0.1, so there's not much of a reason to stay on 7.0.1.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Ethan Pister

carval444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi i have a question. why use atmosphere/kosmos over reinx? like every recent homebrew tells you not to use atmosphere/kosmos and use reinx or sx os instead. like mm-linx , tinfoil, incognito,...
i know you can apply additional patches and enable cal0ams but still...

SignumEternis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my humble opinion, it is absolutely unnecessary to use a separate SD card. I leave my SD card full of homebrew applications and .NSP files all the time while booting into Hekate's stock mode while going online. Heck, there are people who go online with CFW and are not banned. Scanning for files on the SD card is not only potentially illegal but can lead to false positives. It is extra work for no extra payoff.

Good to hear. That makes sense. As ban happy as Nintendo seems to be, I don't think they'd want to open themselves up to legal action by doing anything potentially illegal. So I guess I won't worry about it, then. Thanks.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Snowolf800

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, quick question:

I recently purchased a switch and realized it's patched :/
It's running firmware 5.1.0 right now and from what I can tell there might be some hope for an exploit in the future. As a result, I'm refraining from updating it.
The problem is that I was trying to play Mario Kart today and it isn't letting me play the game without a system update. Is there any way to play the game without an update? I've looked around everywhere on the internet for answers but all the posts about this are over a year old and none of the described methods work.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT