Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Konohana_Lucia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a NAND backup from before launching CFW/homebrew, now would be the time to restore it because this will make your system clean enough to access the eShop. If not, you risk a ban by bringing the console online. Regardless of whether you have a NAND backup or not, updating your firmware will never affect your ability to use CFW/homebrew because the current exploit is hardware-based aka the software/firmware you are running doesn't matter. While the exploit is firmware-agnostic, CFW/homebrew are not and may need to be updated to the latest firmware which is usually why its not a good idea to update to the latest firmware. Right now, the best firmware is 7.0.1 but access to the eShop requires 8.X so you have to make a decision. Lastly, you don't "install" CFW on the Switch. The exploit is a temporary tethered coldboot that gives you CFW/homebrew until you turn off or restart the console. From the images you posted, I have no idea what CFW is on your SD card however I can link you the guides to setting up one of the currently available CFW.

ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere via Kosmos: https://guide.sdsetup.com/
Atmosphere via Fusee: http://switchguide.xyz/

Huh, it looks like the install guides have changed a lot since then. I basically put the NX-bootkit master folder on my sdcard, ran the batch file, and Hekate would start. I never used this Tegra GUI. There is a folder for atmosphere on here, but I've never seen the Atmosphere startup before.

When you say "NAND backup from before launching CFW/homebrew" do you mean before launching for the very first time? I thought I backed up the NAND during the first time setting up but I can't find it anywhere so I'm backing it up now. But I'm probably just gonna start by following that Atmosphere via Fusee guide and start from scratch.

It sounds like I will need to find a way to update to 7.0.1. I saw a post above mention using nsps to update games and dlc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, it looks like the install guides have changed a lot since then. I basically put the NX-bootkit master folder on my sdcard, ran the batch file, and Hekate would start. I never used this Tegra GUI. There is a folder for atmosphere on here, but I've never seen the Atmosphere startup before.

When you say "NAND backup from before launching CFW/homebrew" do you mean before launching for the very first time? I thought I backed up the NAND during the first time setting up but I can't find it anywhere so I'm backing it up now. But I'm probably just gonna start by following that Atmosphere via Fusee guide and start from scratch.

It sounds like I will need to find a way to update to 7.0.1. I saw a post above mention using nsps to update games and dlc.
Always keep a NAND backup as it will be your last line of defense if your console ever bricks. And you can update your firmware with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: Konohana_Lucia

KingHippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible dumb question...

When I was setting up my SD for SX OS I read somewhere that I should put by NSP files in the root directory. Got everything set up and working but my SD card is kind of cluttered (has like 30 NSPs there). Can I place them anywhere else? if so where and at this point I assume I would have to remove all of the games and then reinstall them after moving them.

Pola92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody! I’m new to the switch scene and I’ve been trying to catch up, just got mine today. Is unpatched an version 4.1.0, my question is, some guides say it’s necessary to download a demo or an app like YouTube from the eshop first before launching the payload in order to execute homebrew launcher or the other option is to have a cartridge inserted, other guides don’t say that. So is that outdated or is it still necessary? Because I don’t have any cartridges yet and I’d have to update to 8.1.0 first since I can’t use Choirdujoirnx yet and I’d rather not to blow the fuses.

Thank you!

BlueCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was able to get a Switch with XAW1005692XXXX serial on 4.1.0 firmware new from a local electronics store. It was a damaged box so was never bought and sat on their shelf. All the items were packed fine though. They were nice enough to let me check all the serial numbers and it is in the green zone. I have not personally checked it yet though. I just verified it was on 4.1.0 and the same serial as the box without going online.

I have been reading extensively to try to figure out my best course of action. I have a 512GB microsd card and RCM jig coming in monday. I have a usb-c cable to use my laptop as a payload sender for right now.

I plan to backup my nand and I think I would like to emunand on the microsd. Is this only possible with the sx os? If so is it better to buy a sx pro with builtin os license or just buy the os license alone use a computer? Does atmosphere offer any more features over sx os I should consider? Which CFW allows usb harddrives?

I am confused by the Deja Vu exploit chain. What will this allow exactly? If my switch it vulnerable at 4.1.0 then how exactly will the exploit be triggered? Is it essentially a replacement for the payload injector?

Sorry it is hard to find accurate information because so much of what I find when searching is outdated or inaccurate to the current state of the switch scene. Thanks for any help or guidance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible dumb question...

When I was setting up my SD for SX OS I read somewhere that I should put by NSP files in the root directory. Got everything set up and working but my SD card is kind of cluttered (has like 30 NSPs there). Can I place them anywhere else? if so where and at this point I assume I would have to remove all of the games and then reinstall them after moving them.
They go in the /sxos or /sxos/nsp directories.

Hello everybody! I’m new to the switch scene and I’ve been trying to catch up, just got mine today. Is unpatched an version 4.1.0, my question is, some guides say it’s necessary to download a demo or an app like YouTube from the eshop first before launching the payload in order to execute homebrew launcher or the other option is to have a cartridge inserted, other guides don’t say that. So is that outdated or is it still necessary? Because I don’t have any cartridges yet and I’d have to update to 8.1.0 first since I can’t use Choirdujoirnx yet and I’d rather not to blow the fuses.

Thank you!
What I can say is that it is absolutely not necessary to download anything from the eShop prior to using CFW. By default, all CFW load the homebrew menu from the Album. I can surmise a guess why certain guides recommend you to download something from the eShop however. Loading homebrew from the Album does not give you the full power of the console. That can only be achieved by either installing the homebrew menu as a .NSP file or using a forwarder of a previously existing installed title.

Hi I was able to get a Switch with XAW1005692XXXX serial on 4.1.0 firmware new from a local electronics store. It was a damaged box so was never bought and sat on their shelf. All the items were packed fine though. They were nice enough to let me check all the serial numbers and it is in the green zone. I have not personally checked it yet though. I just verified it was on 4.1.0 and the same serial as the box without going online.

I have been reading extensively to try to figure out my best course of action. I have a 512GB microsd card and RCM jig coming in monday. I have a usb-c cable to use my laptop as a payload sender for right now.

I plan to backup my nand and I think I would like to emunand on the microsd. Is this only possible with the sx os? If so is it better to buy a sx pro with builtin os license or just buy the os license alone use a computer? Does atmosphere offer any more features over sx os I should consider? Which CFW allows usb harddrives?

I am confused by the Deja Vu exploit chain. What will this allow exactly? If my switch it vulnerable at 4.1.0 then how exactly will the exploit be triggered? Is it essentially a replacement for the payload injector?

Sorry it is hard to find accurate information because so much of what I find when searching is outdated or inaccurate to the current state of the switch scene. Thanks for any help or guidance.
Currently SX OS is the only CFW to support EmuNAND however Atmosphere plans to implement EmuNAND support in the future. The same can be said for HDD support which currently only belongs to SX OS but other CFW and homebrew are working on bringing USB drive support to free alternatives. Atmosphere does offer some advantages over SX OS such as customization of the CFW itself as well as loading exclusive external sysmodules such as overclocking. Atmosphere also updates much faster than SX OS. At this point, the only advantage SX OS has and will probably always have is support for .XCI loading which is drag and drop backup launching while all CFW including SX OS has .NSP support which are content you install.

Deja Vu is another exploit which can be used to boot CFW. Unfortunately, it is restricted by certain firmware versions which make it inferior to the current exploit Fusee Gelee which is firmware agnostic. Deja Vu also has not been officially released yet. But once it is out, it will be loaded via a webpage similar to hacking on the PS4 or Wii U. In a way it would be a replacement for a payload injector but it involves a lot more steps than a dongle.

Reactions: Pola92

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The order doesn't really matter although if you create the EmuNAND now, you will have to update both NAND's manually whereas if you updated SysNAND before creating EmuNAND, both of them will be on the same firmware. Then it depends whether or not you want to burn fuses when you update which should be handled by updating SysNAND now with ChoiDujourNX or creating EmuNAND now then updating EmuNAND with ChoiDujourNX. If you don't care about fuses, update however you like.

What's the benefit of having more fuses vs burning them?

Won't updating sysnand with choidujournx trigger a ban with Nintendo? I'd guess using unofficial methods to update OFW would get you banned and/or Nintendo would see the number of burnt fuses doens't match the FW ver.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the benefit of having more fuses vs burning them?

Won't updating sysnand with choidujournx trigger a ban with Nintendo? I'd guess using unofficial methods to update OFW would get you banned and/or Nintendo would see the number of burnt fuses doens't match the FW ver.
Not burning your fuses allows you to downgrade without using Fusee Gelee to bypass the fuse check in order to use exploits found on lower firmware versions such as Deja Vu or a theoretical untethered coldboot hack. Burning your fuses doesn't really offer any benefits unless you're super paranoid about being banned. While it may be possible for Nintendo to implement a check for burnt fuses in a future firmware version, they have not so far and don't seem to plan on adding it any time soon. Besides preventing your fuses from being burnt is as simple as using AutoRCM (or EmuNAND if you're using SX OS/it is integrated into free CFW) so I don't see really any reason to not burn them unless you are really that super paranoid about bans.

Reactions: Scipio_

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks Draxzelex. When I reorganize my SD tonight can I simply move all the files or do I have to unistall the games, move the files then reinstall them?

Thank you
If you have installed your nsp games, you don’t need to keep them on your micro sd card at all. Also they don’t get installed at the root of your sd card. Simply copy them to your computer if you ever want to install them again and delete them from your micro sd.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about online.

i'm going say it like this

CFW=Custom Firmware switch
Legit Switch for online=Switch

can i move non-legit games i got from CFW to the Legit switch?

can i use the same save data from a CFW to legit switch?

if i think of anything else i'll ask here.

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is SX OS Pro worth it over just SX OS? I have a USB C cable, but if I constantly switch between sysnand and emunand will I have to use a dongle to inject the payload? For example, if I'm using it while traveling is it necessary to have the dongle, or is there a workaround to this?

Also where can I find a tutorial about setting up SX OS including backing up nand, and any other important steps?

Last edited by Scipio_,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is SX OS Pro worth it over just SX OS? I have a USB C cable, but if I constantly switch between sysnand and emunand will I have to use a dongle to inject the payload? For example, if I'm using it while traveling is it necessary to have the dongle, or is there a workaround to this?

Also where can I find a tutorial about setting up SX OS including backing up nand, and any other important steps?
Yeah, to switch between SysNAND and EmuNAND you always have to inject the payload again. Therefore the dongle is necessary. Or you use a smartphone to inject.

Reactions: Scipio_

BagelBreath

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question regarding DLC..

I have a legitimate copy of Smash which I purchased from the e-shop and I have the fighters pass as well.. will installing CFW interfere with my ability to download and utilize the DLC which I’ve purchased legitimately? ie, when the next fighter comes out, will I have issues accessing the new fighter?

Furthermore, I understand people aren’t getting banned for playing online with pirated copies of games - but is it safe to play online with a legitimate copy of a game on a Switch running CFW?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding DLC..

I have a legitimate copy of Smash which I purchased from the e-shop and I have the fighters pass as well.. will installing CFW interfere with my ability to download and utilize the DLC which I’ve purchased legitimately? ie, when the next fighter comes out, will I have issues accessing the new fighter?

Furthermore, I understand people aren’t getting banned for playing online with pirated copies of games - but is it safe to play online with a legitimate copy of a game on a Switch running CFW?

You will get banned if you ran CFW and lose stuff that you purchase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN