Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

turtlejay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2tb drive in an ac powered enclosure. It is formatted as exfat. Ive tried MBR and GPT. I cannot get sx os to recognize the XCI's on the drive at all. I have a 320gb hard drive which draws its power fro the usb port formatted exactly the same way and it works fine. Curious as to why i cant get the larger drive to work.

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
No idea XD

sigpatches are included in reinx, the ones he are talking about are for atmosphere

Biskeydump is separate yet again. Hekate can dump the fuses.bin and tsec. biskeydump are a series of keys you need if you ever need to restore/rebuild/access your nand with hacdiskmount. Again you can follow the guide linked above for how to dump them

You can inject reiNX by itself if you want

Delete data from system settings or devmenu

yea or you can let it create a new one

Sorry. I have been a little busy.

So, I read the backup guide. But, I am still a little confused. I need to dump biskeys
with Hekate?

So far I have dumped the following:
rawnand.bin
BOOT0
BOOT1
fuses.bin
tsec_keys.bin
prod.keys (equivalent to keys.txt for 4NXCI)

How do I install the devmenu and is there some guide / documentation for me to
read? I main reason that I need to use devmenu is to uninstall third-party updates
files meant for a different region (EAS update installed when you have an EUR game
installed).

(edit)
Also is it normal for 4NXCI to leave the 4nxci_extracted_xci folder when converting
XCI revisions like Zelda - Breath of the Wild or Sonic Mania Plus? Because, I got a 200KB
.nsp for Sonic Mania Plus, game which I made a backup using Xecutor's backup tool on
another Switch. Thanks.

Is it possible to get the Homebrew Launcher to launch from news instead of the album on Atmosphere?

This would be more convenient. The News app is pointless. Is there any way to remove News Feed from sleep screen?

Last edited by WRO,

denisgnr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've made a nand backup (v6.2) BEFORE using CFW, but AFTER the backup i've installed the EXFAT update on OFW.
If i restore the nand WITHOUT the EXFAT installed, will it brick??

Sorry for my bad english, i am a brazilian....

Last edited by denisgnr,

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on FW 4.1.0 and managed to finally get CFW.

Would I be able to play games like Pokemon and Smash or would I need to update in order to do so?

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain

Would I be able to play games like Pokemon and Smash or would I need to update in order to do so?

Yeah,

According to NSW Database:
http://nswdb.com/

Pokemon (Base) requires 5.1
Smash (Base) requires 5.1

You need ask to somebody to help you update system firmware to 6.2.0. You can use
ChoiDuJour (unofficial + which I have not done) or the official Nintendo Update Servers
as long the most recent firmware is 6.2.0 I recommend you use ReiNX or NS-Atmosphere.

As of today, most recent firmware is 6.2.0 so it is safe. But, Nintendo updates firmware
very 30 - 40 days. So, a new update is coming soon.
https://en-americas-support.nintend...endo-switch-system-updates-and-change-history

I've made a nand backup (v6.2) BEFORE using CFW, but AFTER the backup i've installed the EXFAT update on OFW.
If i restore the nand WITHOUT the EXFAT installed, will it break??

Hue Hue Hue. Not sure, but just backup your files again to be safe. I know it sucks, it about
2 hours to back everything up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by WRO,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry. I have been a little busy.

So, I read the backup guide. But, I am still a little confused. I need to dump biskeys
with Hekate?

So far I have dumped the following:
rawnand.bin
BOOT0
BOOT1
fuses.bin
tsec_keys.bin
prod.keys (equivalent to keys.txt for 4NXCI)

How do I install the devmenu and is there some guide / documentation for me to
read? I main reason that I need to use devmenu is to uninstall third-party updates
files meant for a different region (EAS update installed when you have an EUR game
installed).

(edit)
Also is it normal for 4NXCI to leave the 4nxci_extracted_xci folder when converting
XCI revisions like Zelda - Breath of the Wild or Sonic Mania Plus? Because, I got a 200KB
.nsp for Sonic Mania Plus, game which I made a backup using Xecutor's backup tool on
another Switch. Thanks.

This would be more convenient. The News app is pointless. Is there any way to remove News Feed from sleep screen?

That backup looks good so far

Biskeydump is it's own payload that can be chain loaded through hekate or ran by itself. The latest version is version 7 and it can be found HERE

You install devmenu like you would any other NSP file. However I cannot give it to you, your best bet would be searching the various switch discords.

No idea sorry, never used 4NXCI myself

No idea. You might be able to change the default title of what the HBL loads from

If i restore the nand WITHOUT the EXFAT installed, will it break??

Yes, you would need to re-install the exfat update.

Yes you are required to update. You can either update officially or use ChoidujourNX (HERE)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah,

According to NSW Database:
http://nswdb.com/

Pokemon (Base) requires 5.1
Smash (Base) requires 5.1

You need ask to somebody to help you update system firmware to 6.2.0. You can use
ChoiDuJour (unofficial + which I have not done) or the official Nintendo Update Servers
as long the most recent firmware is 6.2.0 I recommend you use ReiNX or NS-Atmosphere.

As of today, most recent firmware is 6.2.0 so it is safe. But, Nintendo updates firmware
very 30 - 40 days. So, a new update is coming soon.
https://en-americas-support.nintend...endo-switch-system-updates-and-change-history

Hue Hue Hue. Not sure, but just backup your files again to be safe. I know it sucks, it about
2 hours to back everything up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Recommend ChoidujourNX (switch version) not Choidujour (pc version)

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I downloaded a "clean GUI" mod for Super Mario Odyssey from GameBanana, but the instructions only mention extracting the ZIP contents to the SD card, and those are within an "Atmosphere" folder.

I'm running SX OS, how can I install that mod?

Last edited by CapCaveman,

WRO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
+ Adran_Marit

Ha Ha. When you mentioned biskey, I thought I had dump a biskey too.
Thanks for the clarification.

Apparently, 4NXCI has weird behaviour with XCI from revised games, I dumped
ARMS which I purchase in August and it worked fine my older Switch with SX
OS, however, when I converted it to NSP to use my newer Switch with
NS-Atmosphere tinfoil crashed. Now, I have trade-in my new ARMS copy to get
an older one. :( Which is very hard here in Manama, because supplies are limited.

jonathanml86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A total n00b here. I checked the hackable serial number list, and it appears I have a hackable console. I also purchased the ns-atmosphere payload injector. However, I am a little lost in what I need to do. My main goal is to play switch games I've downloaded from site X. What is the first step?

Please insert/correct my assumptions.

enter console into reboot mode using the jig
download the neverrei and tegra files. Load the proper files to an SD card.
Use the Tegra app to load the payloader?

**If the above is correct, what do I do next to play the downloaded games?

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
change "atmosphere" folder to "sxos" folder

I guess it wasn't really that easy.

Since I'm on emuNAND, I tried first putting the files (folder sxos > titles) in the Emutendo folder. Nothing happened.

Then, I put the sxos folder (containing the titles folder and all other files) in the root directory of my microSD card. After clicking to start Mario, the system would hang in the black screen with Nintendo's logo and the Nintendo Switch logo with the "snap" animation.

Pressing Home after that would crash the system, giving me a full black screen and forcing me to power off manually (by holding the power button until it shut off).

Any advice?

Edit: Found the answer here. Apparently, SX OS 2.5 is bugged. Had to revert to 2.4.1 and got the mod working.

Last edited by CapCaveman,

MonkeyBallseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone,

I have just landed here and i couldnt be more confused about how you play backups on a switch. The only thing i know is that the games come in xci or nsp format and that is all.

Can you please guide on what is the safest way/safest software and the best practices to not be banned.

Much appreciated
Thanks

farenheit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having read so many posts, I'm now even more confused! Lol
Got my daughter a switch, 4.10 out of the box (patched serial), however it won't let me link the console, login online or even play Mario party without first updating it! (Currently updates blocked via DNS)
Damn thing is so frustrating, literally won't let you do anything without first updating it!
Do I update to 6.20, link console etc and then block updates or is there something I'm missing that I could do now?
Not even sure you can back nand on a virgin switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!