Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i easily update a game on a banned switch? i believe cdn's dont work anymore. my carts are asking for updates (that i actually want) but cant get them from the store. and fiddling with "those NSP sites" are a pain and are not often updated. is this possible to directly download these or is this asking for a lot?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems I dont have an SD card larger than 16GB I was assuming that it would still show something on the screen without one is that correct ?
The tutorial on checking to see if a Switch is patched or not doesn't require an SD card and doesn't make use of TegraRCMGUI; because the GUI can't tell you if the Switch is patched or not unlike the original TegraRCMSmash which can not only tell you if its patched or not but is better than the GUI.

Reactions: tv8tony

Juan9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the SD card from this guide (with 0.8.2 image) on FW 5.1 and was wondering:

- Is this the best CFW out now?
- Should I upgrade my FW to 6.2? If so what's the safest way to do so

Last edited by Juan9999,

cyndor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is the "best" of those? Atmosphere?

I'm planning on getting one of those dongles to pop into this mode with more ease, but this leaves me with a question; dongles are to boot into the mode, yes? They don't hold games or anything, that would be up to the internal memory of the system, correct?
TBH the one that's the least hassle is SX OS, although you would have to pay for that.
Right now people seem to be swinging more towards atmosphere than ReiNX when it comes to the free CFW but that is honestly up to the user.
The dongles are in order to send the payloads to load the cfw/bootloader. You install games into the system memory or an SD card.

Last edited by cyndor,

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was finally able to get my Switch up and running, updated to 6.2.0 using ChoiDuJourNX, after creating an emuNAND on SX OS 2.4.1.

However, something strange happened. After ChoiNX had finished installing the update and asked to reboot the system, it rebooted into the OFW/Horizon.

AutoRCM was definitely enabled in ChoiNX (as it is by default), but it didn't reboot into RCM. I didn't have the jig inserted (or the dongle, for that matter), and it just booted into OFW/Horizon - no RCM black screen.

Checked the system version: 1.0.0. Fearing that I still had burned fuses somehow, I turned off the console, booted into RCM manually (using a jig) and injected CTCaer-Hekate to check the burned fuses count: it was 1.

Rebooted into SX's bootloader, turned on AutoRCM there and loaded SX OS (emuNAND enabled). Checked the system version: 6.2.0.

Can someone explain that behavior to me? It nearly gave me a heart attack when it rebooted into OFW/Horizon, after literally a week of doing research and pestering you guys to prevent burning any fuses. I haven't turned off my console since (using Sleep Mode), afraid of AutoRCM failing me yet again.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I figured out that Thermosphere wont bypass gamecard fw requirements, I want to update to 6.2.0 since I just got Smash, but I'm using AutoRCM. How exactly do I update? Do I disable AutoRCM and update from stock or can I just update from Atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I figured out that Thermosphere wont bypass gamecard fw requirements, I want to update to 6.2.0 since I just got Smash, but I'm using AutoRCM. How exactly do I update? Do I disable AutoRCM and update from stock or can I just update from Atmosphere?
Any version of Atmosphere of version 0.8 or above will prevent AutoRCM being removed when you update your system online or with a cartridge. But since that involves bringing a console online, alternatively you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any version of Atmosphere of version 0.8 or above will prevent AutoRCM being removed when you update your system online or with a cartridge. But since that involves bringing a console online, alternatively you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses.
Well I don't mind being online or burning fuses (even though losing Deja Vu is gonna hurt, and I can't keep using the gamecard slot if I downgrade with ChoiDujourNX), but thanks.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH the one that's the least hassle is SX OS, although you would have to pay for that.
Right now people seem to be swinging more towards atmosphere than ReiNX when it comes to the free CFW but that is honestly up to the user.
The dongles are in order to send the payloads to load the cfw/bootloader. You install games into the system memory or an SD card.

Can you explain what you mean by paying for SX OS? Is it something you literally have to order or get access to via a Patreon or something?

I'm leaning towards Atmosphere at the moment as I am aware that some dongles are being sold with it on it, and having it on a dongle seems much easier than linking it to my PC.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain what you mean by paying for SX OS? Is it something you literally have to order or get access to via a Patreon or something?

I'm leaning towards Atmosphere at the moment as I am aware that some dongles are being sold with it on it, and having it on a dongle seems much easier than linking it to my PC.
SX OS comes in 2 flavors: SX Lite and SX Pro. The difference is that SX Pro comes with a dongle to inject their payload and a jig to boot into RCM but for both, you are also paying for an SX OS license. Although you can use their CFW for free, the license unlocks the rest of the features such as piracy. But since all CFW can do most of what SX OS accomplishes and that they are all free, not to mention other dongles are cheaper than SX Pro, there is not much reason to buy SX Pro.

pepoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when will my dumped nand files be useless? im planning to update to 6.2 (currently on 6.0) using ChoiDujourNX. however, if i accidentally burn fuses, will i still be able to use my old dumped nand files to restore my switch in the future? thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when will my dumped nand files be useless? im planning to update to 6.2 (currently on 6.0) using ChoiDujourNX. however, if i accidentally burn fuses, will i still be able to use my old dumped nand files to restore my switch in the future? thanks
All custom bootloaders bypass the fuse check by default so you can technically load any firmware you want. Meaning you can still boot your NAND backup even if your fuses are burnt; it'll just involve more steps to boot it.

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Question regarding SD cards.
I'm 4.1. and I never put in a SC card. So I heard that the Switch needs an seperate update for SDXC cards.
So what's the best way to approach this? Is there a way to install this update offline?

I thought about using ChoiDujourNX to update to 6.2 and download the update but:
1. I don't want to go online with the Switch.
2. Would the update even stay if I downgrade to 4.1 again later on?

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Question about cfw. My switch is on 3.0.1. I just made a nand backup and will now enable autoRCM and run atmosphere after

Will i burn fuses this way?

Last edited by Ninn,

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I still haven't linked my Nintendo Account to the Switch.

It was mentioned on this thread that having a linked Nintendo Account is required for some games and applications to run.

What is the right way to do it?

My setup:

- emuNAND on 6.2.0 (SX OS 2.4.1)
- sysNAND on 1.0.0

My understanding is that I should never go online while on emuNAND/CFW/SX OS. And Stealth mode or 90DNS would make connecting to Nintendo's servers impossible.

However, is it even possible to connect and link Nintendo Accounts on firmware 1.0.0, if I boot into the sysNAND/OFW/Horizon?

If it is, indeed, possible, would I be risking a ban, burning fuses, forcing an official update or anything of the sort?

Also, my previous question still hasn't been answered:

I was finally able to get my Switch up and running, updated to 6.2.0 using ChoiDuJourNX, after creating an emuNAND on SX OS 2.4.1.

However, something strange happened. After ChoiNX had finished installing the update and asked to reboot the system, it rebooted into the OFW/Horizon.

AutoRCM was definitely enabled in ChoiNX (as it is by default), but it didn't reboot into RCM. I didn't have the jig inserted (or the dongle, for that matter), and it just booted into OFW/Horizon - no RCM black screen.

Checked the system version: 1.0.0. Fearing that I still had burned fuses somehow, I turned off the console, booted into RCM manually (using a jig) and injected CTCaer-Hekate to check the burned fuses count: it was 1.

Rebooted into SX's bootloader, turned on AutoRCM there and loaded SX OS (emuNAND enabled). Checked the system version: 6.2.0.

Can someone explain that behavior to me? It nearly gave me a heart attack when it rebooted into OFW/Horizon, after literally a week of doing research and pestering you guys to prevent burning any fuses. I haven't turned off my console since (using Sleep Mode), afraid of AutoRCM failing me yet again.

I reread some of @Draxzelex's previous posts, and I think I know why my fuses weren't burned when the system booted into the sysNAND/OFW/Horizon: because I only updated the system on emuNAND/CFW/SX OS (using ChoiDuJourNX).

This is Draxzelex's explanation:

Also EmuNAND won't risk burning fuses no matter how high its firmware is because you cannot boot into it with the normal bootloader which burns fuses. To boot into EmuNAND, you need to use SX Loader which disables the fuse check as of now so AutoRCM is not necessary if you never update SysNAND. And to update EmuNAND, you're going to have to use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX as the purpose of EmuNAND is to keep it offline.

I'm still not sure why the system rebooted into the sysNAND/OFW/Horizon after ChoiNX was done with the update, though.

AutoRCM was enabled, so it should have rebooted into RCM and given me a black screen, since the dongle with the payload wasn't connected, no?

Speaking of AutoRCM, I enabled it in SX OS's bootloader after the initial scare. But is it even required, if my sysNAND is still on 1.0.0?

Even if I accidentally booted into the sysNAND (not via RCM/bootloader), the fuse count would still match the system version (1 and 1.0.0, respectively). And since I plan on using Sleep Mode to "turn off" my system, I was thinking about disabling AutoRCM.

I know how to do that on SX OS's bootloader, but what about ChoiNX's alleged AutoRCM? Is there any way to check if it's really enabled? And if so, can I disable it?

mousan

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hello everyone..I have a switch updated from original FW 6.0.1 to 6.1 via choidujour with 7 burnt fuses. I use exclusively reinx as cfw so the question now that it's now compatible with 6.2 can I upgrade with choidujour? Especially when a lot of updates or games require 6.2 FW. Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lawwww I am the lawwww!!!