Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are no issues if EmuNAND is running a higher firmware than SysNAND because that is one the uses of EmuNAND.

AutoRCM does not drain the battery; misinformed users who do not know how to properly turn off a Switch with AutoRCM enabled end up draining their own battery. And I already gave you a thread on how to avoid that so do not bother asking me for that again.

Sleep Mode works when the firmware you are running either matches or exceeds the fuse count of the console, SysNAND or EmuNAND.

Yeah I read that how to turn it off properly.

It said
Summary - facts:
  1. Switch can charge completely normally in RCM or Hekate with a BCT intact
    • The percent % in Horizon OS, after a RCM charge, is not fake.
  2. Switch does not charge normally with AutoRCM, a.k.a corrupt BCT.
    1. Either it charges very slowly or sometimes with a broken slow/fast/slow/fast charge pattern:
    2. Or this behavior is current taken from the USB controller or the BPMP (Nvidia's Boot and Power management processor)
    • In AutoRCM, the Charge IC probably can't update the battery calibration file and could make the percent fake.
I don't know for behavior .3 what really happens and what Switch does. This can be easily examined, by connecting a current multimeter between battery and switch and check the readings.

Does this mean there is some issues with battery performance with autorcm?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I read that how to turn it off properly.

It said
Summary - facts:
  1. Switch can charge completely normally in RCM or Hekate with a BCT intact
    • The percent % in Horizon OS, after a RCM charge, is not fake.
  2. Switch does not charge normally with AutoRCM, a.k.a corrupt BCT.
    1. Either it charges very slowly or sometimes with a broken slow/fast/slow/fast charge pattern:
    2. Or this behavior is current taken from the USB controller or the BPMP (Nvidia's Boot and Power management processor)
    • In AutoRCM, the Charge IC probably can't update the battery calibration file and could make the percent fake.
I don't know for behavior .3 what really happens and what Switch does. This can be easily examined, by connecting a current multimeter between battery and switch and check the readings.

Does this mean there is some issues with battery performance with autorcm?
The Switch does not charge normally in RCM which you shouldn't be doing in the first place.

Reactions: Zap2000

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well if you consider not being able to turn on normally without a payload an "issue", then no.

Maybe gonna do that or just burn fuses and update the official way too complicated to think anymore and need it sorted for Xmas present

Although it had most votes on the poll for bat drain on this site even though ppl learnt how to shut down right seems easy to make mistake ?? And drain ?

What do most ppl do here burn fuses or update with homebrew and use autorcm?

Last edited by Zap2000,

El 15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry I wrote this question before but don´t know if was the correct place:

I am using Hekate 4.5 on switch fw 6.2 but with some problems: using tin foil 0.21 I reinstalled Zelda botw, MK8, Mario oddisey etc. when I try to open a game it says "this user cannot play this software" when it was in fw 5.1 they worked, and the weird thing is Pokemon lets go and Smash bros work perfectly, only 2 games work. I tried formatting SD card and reinstall games with the same results. someone knows how can I fix it?

DocBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have read of a hidden partition for emunand. What does it exactly?!
Does it protect my games for deleting if i switch to another firmware?!

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I updated my switch to 6.2 without burning fuses. For whatever reason I get a notification pop up for a controller update and before I launch any game the switch is asking me to do a system update when I'm already on 6.2. Ii thought during the update my hekate ini file was suppose to stop the controller update from appearing,what is that update about anyway and why am i being asked to do a system update.

fflakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spent a couple hours to catch up.

For Sx pro, do you need to use the usb dongle everytime to boot up the switch to access homebrew/backup? If I boot it without it it's just like a normal switch? For the jig I only have to use it the very first time or everytime I boot the switch?
- Anyone has a suggestion on a go-to website to buy it from?

If I spend the time to set up Atmosphere manually, do I have to use the jig after setting up autoRCM the first time? Or is everything done after the initial setup?

Thanks for any help!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, is it really slow transferring XCI games from PC to Switch via FTP?
FTP is slow in general.
I have read of a hidden partition for emunand. What does it exactly?!
Does it protect my games for deleting if i switch to another firmware?!
Partition means that if your SD card becomes corrupted, EmuNAND won't be affected in anyway.
Yesterday I updated my switch to 6.2 without burning fuses. For whatever reason I get a notification pop up for a controller update and before I launch any game the switch is asking me to do a system update when I'm already on 6.2. Ii thought during the update my hekate ini file was suppose to stop the controller update from appearing,what is that update about anyway and why am i being asked to do a system update.
Not sure what you're confusing in the hekate_ipl.ini file preventing a controller update for; there is no way to prevent those from popping up. They are included in the firmware files themselves.
Spent a couple hours to catch up.

For Sx pro, do you need to use the usb dongle everytime to boot up the switch to access homebrew/backup? If I boot it without it it's just like a normal switch? For the jig I only have to use it the very first time or everytime I boot the switch?
- Anyone has a suggestion on a go-to website to buy it from?

If I spend the time to set up Atmosphere manually, do I have to use the jig after setting up autoRCM the first time? Or is everything done after the initial setup?

Thanks for any help!
Regardless of what you use, you need a jig to enter RCM then something to send a payload which can either be a dongle like the SX Pro or a computer plus a USB-C cable. AutoRCM only removes the need for a jig (by "bricking" your Switch). If you turn on the console without using a jig or AutoRCM, it will boot up normally. As for resellers, their website has plenty for specific countries.

Reactions: DocBo

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex this is what I’m not understanding, why am I seeing this.

Edit went to maintenance mode after going putting myself on airplane mode. Not really sure why I’m being asked to update.

Attachments

• 2792FE24-AAD9-4177-A86D-F4AF14B34677.jpeg
    2792FE24-AAD9-4177-A86D-F4AF14B34677.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
  • 9D6C9AF5-F177-4E26-AEF5-DAC7126CE4E5.jpeg
    9D6C9AF5-F177-4E26-AEF5-DAC7126CE4E5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • 91082BED-DFB9-4D58-BAEA-224A4420B79A.jpeg
    91082BED-DFB9-4D58-BAEA-224A4420B79A.jpeg
    858.2 KB · Views: 37
  • D4C3EFE6-BA61-4C4B-B572-33E5776418AF.jpeg
    D4C3EFE6-BA61-4C4B-B572-33E5776418AF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited by fst312,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex this is what I’m not understanding, why am I seeing this.

Edit went to maintenance mode after going putting myself on airplane mode. Not really sure why I’m being asked to update.
Not sure what you're confusing in the hekate_ipl.ini file preventing a controller update for; there is no way to prevent those from popping up. They are included in the firmware files themselves.

fflakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FTP is slow in general.
Partition means that if your SD card becomes corrupted, EmuNAND won't be affected in anyway.
Regardless of what you use, you need a jig to enter RCM then something to send a payload which can either be a dongle like the SX Pro or a computer plus a USB-C cable. AutoRCM only removes the need for a jig (by "bricking" your Switch). If you turn on the console without using a jig or AutoRCM, it will boot up normally. As for resellers, their website has plenty for specific countries.

Thanks for the clarification. I saw that the SX pro doesn't work for "patched" Switches. Are the other methods (atmos) prevented from working with a payload like computer/usb-c as well? (I haven't yet bought a Switch yet.)

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Quick question: is it possible to play physical games (cartridges) without updating the Switch's firmware?

I know they come with the update, but are we required to install it before launching the actual game?

sharkdog360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to fix error 2347-0005 on atmosphére? I've heard you need a "boot.nro" file on the root of the SD but I don't know how to find this. I am on atmosphére 0.8.2 and switch vers. 6.2.0.

Last edited by sharkdog360,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge