Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Use ChoiDujourNX to install firmware updates (they must be downloaded elsewhere however, such as through Google or torrenting services).

And game updates are still possible with nsp right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My switch is super banned (sxos) how will I go about upgrading firmwares in the future?

Did you also install nsp games?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for someone who follows the switch scene very closely. What would you recommend for my switch?

- I have a switch on 5.1.0 firmware. Fuses burnt and all.
- I have a sx OS license but I havent used it since version 1.0.
- I installed a legit game from the eshop a year ago and just finally beat the game.
- After I installed the game I changed my wifi password at my house so the switch hasn't been online since then. I could be banned I just dont know.
- I have a clean 5.1.0 nand dump before loading any cfw at all.

Now I'm bored and looking for something fun to do with my switch. I dont know of any good games out there that I havent already played and beaten.

Should i stay where I'm at or should I upgrade to 6.0 without burning fuses? Should i play with SX OS 2.0 or stay away?

What would you do if I gave you this switch in it's current condition?
Uh I would not recommend updating to 6.0 using ChoiDujourNX since it is currently impossible to update to that firmware offline because there's no cartridge that comes with 6.0 unless you plan on staying 100% offline. I have reason to believe this caused 2 users to be banned. SX OS 2.0 is also unstable as many people are reporting problems with the CFW. However, everything works better on the free CFWs when it comes to firmware 6.0 namely LayeredFS. I myself have 2 Switches, one with 4.1 and 3.0 that aren't being touched until either a proper implementation of EmuNAND comes out or Smash Ultimate, whichever comes first.
And game updates are still possible with nsp right?
Always will be, banned or otherwise.

kuraiholy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the data that I have gathered thus far, the device used to send payloads has no bearing on your chances of being banned which makes sense since being banned is a violation of the ToS originates from modding the console not devices being used to send payloads; the external/internal devices themselves make no modifications to the system but some may require you to do so. For example, some trinkets recommend you install AutoRCM by connecting some wires however you can choose not to install AutoRCM and leave the trinket in there. Nintendo shouldn't be able to detect physical modifications such as this.

Perfect. Thank you for your help. Oughta throw a kofi link in your sig for as much help as you've been doling out here.

tushyboy793

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of at a loss as what to do next. I recently updated my switch from 4.1 to 5.0.2 using ChoiDujour and I can no longer run Monster Hunter Generations ultimate (have the game cart). The error that pops up is either the 2011-0301 or that the app cannot start. I don't understand what to do as the other 3 physical games I own which are Sonic Mania, BOTW, and Octopath Traveler work fine. I tried reformatting my sd card back to exFat to try and restore my NAND to start over but hekate doesn't detect the backups I made. Is there some huge step I'm missing?

Since the only reason why I'm using homebrew in the first place is for save edit purposes, would it be easier if I;
-Restored my 4.1 NAND
-Burn fuses and update to 6.0
-Start to run ReiNX or whatever and use homebrew then to edit my save files
But if I were to do that and start playing online games or purchasing e-shop titles I would still be setting myself up for an easy ban right?
I'm not entirely sure if this is the issue, but have you installed the game card controller update?

I did install it. If it helps I have never gone online nor have I linked an account. Is there something else I could do? Otherwise I might try to go with the plan B I had in my original post.

Anitsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work fine. Just know you will probably get banned eventually. I would also personally recommend reinx, but if you want to use rajnx it'll work just fine as well
I don't care about online anymore,
yes the disappointment is THAT BIG.
thanks for the help (:

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for someone who follows the switch scene very closely. What would you recommend for my switch?

- I have a switch on 5.1.0 firmware. Fuses burnt and all.
- I have a sx OS license but I havent used it since version 1.0.
- I installed a legit game from the eshop a year ago and just finally beat the game.
- After I installed the game I changed my wifi password at my house so the switch hasn't been online since then. I could be banned I just dont know.
- I have a clean 5.1.0 nand dump before loading any cfw at all.

Now I'm bored and looking for something fun to do with my switch. I dont know of any good games out there that I havent already played and beaten.

Should i stay where I'm at or should I upgrade to 6.0 without burning fuses? Should i play with SX OS 2.0 or stay away?

What would you do if I gave you this switch in it's current condition?
If you don't care about being banned, go ahead and play with SX os 2.0. if you don't want to get banned I'd suggest restoring your clean nand backup.

LeChuck76

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for my question:
I have a Switch xaj70047xxxx (patched)
Firmware 4.1.0... at the moment what can i do?? I know there is a stupid question but there will be a chance or it’s better to sell it??? What about the scene. Thanks to those who give me some info about and good work, I admire you very much.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my question:
I have a Switch xaj70047xxxx (patched)
Firmware 4.1.0... at the moment what can i do?? I know there is a stupid question but there will be a chance or it’s better to sell it??? What about the scene. Thanks to those who give me some info about and good work, I admire you very much.
There is an unreleased exploit that requires firmware 4.1 which can work on your console however we don't know when such an exploit will be made publicly available. For now, you can either wait it out or get an unpatched console.

unpaiktable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To play you installed .nsps you need to have your Sigpatches up => CFW needs to be run/injected again, otherwise youll see an Error starting them

So in an analogy, as with the Wii U you'd have to run Haxchi each time before you launch any homebrew or play backups you'd have to do the same thing on the switch, right?

DocBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You will brick the console. Even if you use a bootloader to bypass the fuse check, sleep mode will no longer work if the fuse count is higher than the firmware.

And is it possible to use ChoidujourNX on EmuNAND to Down/Upgrade the EmuNAND?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh