Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, when you updated to 5.1 using choi did it automatically add exfat support? Or did you have to do the long process in the tutorial forum? I am getting mixed info from read the threads @_@
Adding exFat support is not automatic and is a choice. Just a button press, no long process. Of course I needed to obtain a copy of 5.1 but that isn’t difficult.

Last edited by thorasgar,
Reactions: 0x64

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Adding exFat support is not automatic and is a choice. Just a button press, no long process.
That could only mean the exfat update is already in the firmware update files, that button press is just a switch to install it. Which means Nintendo purposely left it out during OFW updates just to make you do that extra system update for exfat...Wow such an ass move to force people to be on latest FW. IMO exfat should be part of 1.0 fw from the get go. It's old tech and there is no reason for them to add support for it later. Surely they are planning something evil lol.

Btw any hint on how you got the 5.1 fw update files to be used in choi?:lol:

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly think it has more to do with Nintendo having to pay a licensing fee for each install.
Hmm...ExFat supported devices are everywhere and I've never seen one that require manual installation just to track for licence. A google search also shows that Microsoft charges a flat fee for licensing exfat. But who knows. It could be true that Nintendo has to pay a licensing fee for each install. Maybe they got a special hostile treatment from M$:D

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick question, idk where to ask that.
I'm planning to burn some amiibos, but what kind of tag do I need?
IIRC, it's NTAG 215, right?

I'm planning to buy some tags and cards, then print a picture on it.

Do you know a good place to buy tags and cards in large quantity (and quality?) for cheap?
I don't really trust Aliexpress, but if there is no other choice, I may buy on it.

toxn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using ChoiDujourNX actually updates your firmware version; it doesn't spoof it. That is why it installs AutoRCM into your console so you don't burn fuses on accident when turning on the console without RCM. There is still usage in remaining on 3.0 for the future warmboot that doesn't involve a jig and USB cable, but as long as you know how to use AutoRCM properly, you can go to 5.1 while retaining your ability to downgrade to 3.0. To use AutoRCM properly, either leave the console in sleep mode or power off using Hekate's power off option in the menu. Do not turn off the console using the Power Off option in the Switch as it will reboot you into RCM and drain battery because RCM and a powered off console look similar visually.

So what would the process be now?
RajNX > nand backup > choi > cdnsp >tinfoil?

Do I need to do anything to keep 3.0 when I use choi to update to 5.1?

Does choi automatically start autorcm?

Will hekates menu be easily accessible when RajNX is installed?

Thanks again for all your replies, I appreciate the help. :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What can I do with a patched unit (I have to keep it) ?
Do not update to 4.1 as there is a warmboot exploit which is being kept private for now that will work on it. If you have updated already, maybe TX's solution will work for you.
So what would the process be now?
RajNX > nand backup > choi > cdnsp >tinfoil?

Do I need to do anything to keep 3.0 when I use choi to update to 5.1?

Does choi automatically start autorcm?

Will hekates menu be easily accessible when RajNX is installed?

Thanks again for all your replies, I appreciate the help. :)
ChoidujourNX will automatically install AutoRCM for you when it installs whatever firmware you are telling it to install. It does give you the option to not install AutoRCM, but I would only recommend using that option if you already installed AutoRCM via a different method. Also note that you do not 'install RajNX' or any CFW for that matter because the exploit used to load them is temporary and lost when the console is turned off. And since RajNX is basically a modification of hekate, the menu should still be easily accessible unless you configure autoboot which will skip the menu and boot straight into CFW.

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Do not update to 4.1 as there is a warmboot exploit which is being kept private for now that will work on it. If you have updated already, maybe TX's solution will work for you.
ChoidujourNX will automatically install AutoRCM for you when it installs whatever firmware you are telling it to install. It does give you the option to not install AutoRCM, but I would only recommend using that option if you already installed AutoRCM via a different method. Also note that you do not 'install RajNX' or any CFW for that matter because the exploit used to load them is temporary and lost when the console is turned off. And since RajNX is basically a modification of hekate, the menu should still be easily accessible unless you configure autoboot which will skip the menu and boot straight into CFW.
I am aware of the warmboot exploit (Deja Vu) but i thought that it worked on 4.1.0, that's the firmware version I have. And i'm gonna have to update the console when Smash Ultimate comes out. Guess i have no luck.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am aware of the warmboot exploit (Deja Vu) but i thought that it worked on 4.1.0, that's the firmware version I have. And i'm gonna have to update the console when Smash Ultimate comes out. Guess i have no luck.
It works up to 4.1 but parts of it haven't been patched out in 5.X hence why it hasn't been released yet. The goal is to wait until the Mariko units begin appearing on the market then update the exploit to work on 5.X firmwares since those units have the current RCM exploit, Fusee Gelee, patched.

Reactions: antiNT

akhimas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm facing an annoying problem.... I installed a game with tinfoil. Then I accidentally deleted tinfoil directory from sd card. After that, I reinstalled the same game but I can't run it anymore.
Every time I try, it gives a generic error. I suspect its because the nca is already registered. Does anyone know how to actually unregister a nca from switch?

I tried to uninstall the nsp with tinfoil, remove the game going to options - Data management, but nothing seems to work.

BR6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has there been any confirmation if left over files from cfw stay behind after a nand restore or initialize

Jalink9406

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quick question, idk where to ask that.
I'm planning to burn some amiibos, but what kind of tag do I need?
IIRC, it's NTAG 215, right?

I'm planning to buy some tags and cards, then print a picture on it.

Do you know a good place to buy tags and cards in large quantity (and quality?) for cheap?
I don't really trust Aliexpress, but if there is no other choice, I may buy on it.

Yes, NTAG 215. If you want printable cards I can't help you but I bought this 100 pack on Aliexpress a while ago and paid one of the express shipment and it arrived in a week or so. I just printed the pictures in sticky paper and glued it to the cards.

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so just curious
If its not safe to connect to the internet with your Switch when you are running SX OS how are you supposed to use ftp features????

sirelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evening Draxzelex; two question I saw another noob post where you mentioned Gag Order, what does it do? My guess is that it instructs the switch to bypass the you need to update your game screen. If that’s the case I need to grab it so I don”t lose 4.10 firmware by accident.
Secondly I watch a cool YouTube video about this mod that changes the character in Zelda to the princess. If I understood the video SX version 4 was capable of installing the mod. Is this a dual layer thing, or did SX find a less complicated solution? Hoping you can suggest a SX tutorial for adding the assuming I can complete the process on 4.10.
As always thank you for your assistance, answering all us newbies when do you find time to actually play games on your switch ? :lol::lol:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so just curious
If its not safe to connect to the internet with your Switch when you are running SX OS how are you supposed to use ftp features????
Whatever is hosting the ftp server could just cut off access to the Internet when you're transferring files. For example, temporarily cut out all Internet-related connections from your router and only enable local wireless.
Evening Draxzelex; two question I saw another noob post where you mentioned Gag Order, what does it do? My guess is that it instructs the switch to bypass the you need to update your game screen. If that’s the case I need to grab it so I don”t lose 4.10 firmware by accident.
Secondly I watch a cool YouTube video about this mod that changes the character in Zelda to the princess. If I understood the video SX version 4 was capable of installing the mod. Is this a dual layer thing, or did SX find a less complicated solution? Hoping you can suggest a SX tutorial for adding the assuming I can complete the process on 4.10.
As always thank you for your assistance, answering all us newbies when do you find time to actually play games on your switch ? :lol::lol:
  1. It was discovered in the spring (northern hemisphere) of 2018 that there was a super update flag triggered when the console connected online when not on the latest firmware. This differs from the traditional update nag which happens when your console downloads a system update. Removal of the OG update nag could be performed via maintenance mode but that wasn't good enough for the super update nag. That is where Gag Order comes in
  2. SX OS uses the same one the community implemented so it would be completed the same way regardless of whatever CFW you are using for now
  3. Haven't actually hacked it yet on account of waiting for EmuNAND. Although once Smash Ultimate comes out, let's just say I hope someone else takes my "role" ;)

AlfretXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Opinion please: i need exfat support but I don't want to go trough the pain of Choidojur or what it's called.
Is there a real good reason to stay on 4.1, in my case? Or should I update, including exfat? Are there still benefits of not dating up ?

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Opinion please: i need exfat support but I don't want to go trough the pain of Choidojur or what it's called.
Is there a real good reason to stay on 4.1, in my case? Or should I update, including exfat? Are there still benefits of not dating up ?

If you are going solely on right now, then there is absolutely no benefit to being on 4.1, but there are advantages to being on 5.1

that being said, in the future there will/may be a way to load cfw on a 4.1 or below switch without all the things you need to do for it now. this is why some people choose not to upgrade.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at ChoiDujourNX which runs from the Switch. Not a pain at all. I prefer to have as many options open to me in the future as possible so I upgraded to 5.1 with ChoiDujourNX and run autoRCM. If the possibility of an unteathered boot is not appealing then don’t bother. If these cheap dongles that keep popping up work out fine then maybe it is no big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans