Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

RobCat030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried combining the Contents folder of two separate SD cards that were used on my switch. One has some NSP data that I recently installed and the other has some game update data for some other titles. For whatever reason my Switch still didn't recognize the merged data from the old card. Could I use tinfoil to install the .nca folders within the subfolders? Or should my first method have worked?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there still battery draining issues with installing AutoRCM on SX Pro even with the latest version?
Any battery drainage issues as a result of AutoRCM are due to how the console works and not the CFW. Removing those would have to involve reconstructing the Switch.
I tried combining the Contents folder of two separate SD cards that were used on my switch. One has some NSP data that I recently installed and the other has some game update data for some other titles. For whatever reason my Switch still didn't recognize the merged data from the old card. Could I use tinfoil to install the .nca folders within the subfolders? Or should my first method have worked?
If all of the data was installed to the SD card (via a title installer such as Tinfoil or Rommenu), it should work. If not, you can just reinstall them.

Reactions: Sabregod

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any battery drainage issues as a result of AutoRCM are due to how the console works and not the CFW. Removing those would have to involve reconstructing the Switch.

Thanks. Another question: Assuming I use .xci files, are game updates stored on internal memory (32GB) or the microSD card?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone else get a lot of freezes running TegraRCMGUI? It often freezes while sending payload. Followed instructions in Darth Meteos pack for drivers etc.
What freezes, your pc or switch?

And no I've had neither, although I've had the purple/green screen of death once or twice. I think I pulled the usb out too soon after sending payload.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got my SX Pro on order... Now, I am trying to buy another switch for backup game play only...

1) I have a 3.0.1 Firmware Switch, should I use this one for SX Pro? Will it update my switch to play the newer games?
2) Is there a way to transfer my single player save files over?
3) Will backup games get updates via WiFi for new patches and such?

Thanks!

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've got my SX Pro on order... Now, I am trying to buy another switch for backup game play only...

1) I have a 3.0.1 Firmware Switch, should I use this one for SX Pro? Will it update my switch to play the newer games?

Thanks!

1. to play games that require a higher firmware, you will probably need to update your Switch. However if you use a program called ChoiDuJourNX you can do this without burning fuses, and later downgrade back to 3.0.1 if you wanted.

1b. you could also use a program called Tinfoil which allows you to play games on a lower firmware. I'm not sure if this runs on the SX OS though. you may need to install a different cfw for this to run properly.

2. sure there are homebrew programs such as Checkpoint which can back up your saves and you can move them from one Switch to another if you'd like.

3. as of right now you can turn on WiFi and get updates/patches for any backup game straight from Nintendo, just as if it were a regular game you had purchased.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I care about my efuse if I don't care about downgrading and piracy?
Depends on you dude.

Thanks!
  1. You can update without burning fuses which retains your ability to boot firmware 3.0.1 normally while enjoying the benefits of being on the latest firmware. Only downside is using AutoRCM as your fuses will be burnt without it
  2. There are a plethora of homebrew that can dump and inject saves
  3. You can update games officially (and risk getting banned) or download and install update NSPs for the games you want to update

Sabregod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have my SX Pro yet so a silly question: What's the difference between booting to OFW using SX Pro vs turning on the switch normally without the dongle?

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update games officially (and risk getting banned) or download and install update NSPs for the games you want to update

Thanks for the quick reply. When you say 'download and install update NSPs' what does that mean in lament terms? (Re-download .xci files and load onto SD Card?)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have my SX Pro yet so a silly question: What's the difference between booting to OFW using SX Pro vs turning on the switch normally without the dongle?
OFW via SX Pro involves booting into RCM then SX OS which differs slightly from the Nintendo Switch OFW without RCM. Whether this alone can lead to a ban or not has been fully proven yet.
Thanks for the quick reply. When you say 'download and install update NSPs' what does that mean in lament terms? (Re-download .xci files and load onto SD Card?)
Game updates can be retrieved in .NSP format. .NSP format is the file extension for installable Switch content. This ranges from games, DLC, and of course updates. TX has a built in title installer for such .NSP files in their latest version. There is also a homebrew that can accomplish this as well by the name of Tinfoil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (not my chat status, my actual forum title, such as "Well-known user")