Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I will never hack it's safe to update normally and don't worry about fuses? I have a banned switch that I use for all the hacking stuff, I want that 1.0.0 switch for online playing 100% legal
To me personally, it seems like a waste to update a 1.0 with burnt fuses so you can play online but if that is your wish, then there is nothing wrong with doing so.
Can the .nsp installer file be deleted after it has been installed using devmenu on SX OS 1.3 ?
Yes

Reactions: JhiF

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you recommend me to do with it? Or what would you do?
It depends. Do you mind having to use a jig/AutoRCM + USB cable to load hacks? If yes, it might be worth buying a third Switch just for online play so the 1.0 can use other means of booting CFW/homebrew. If not, then you can just update the 1.0 to the latest firmware. I would also like to bring up my earlier point that so far no one has been banned for updating without burning fuses. That may be due to the fact that the only hack involved here is hijacking the Nintendo Switch bootloader by booting into RCM and using another bootloader such as Hekate or SX OS. And thanks to CTCaer, he has confirmed that Hekate is currently undetectable by Nintendo (meaning its subject to change).
What the atual working CFW and Method of backup for 5.1 ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: JhiF and rafalince

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Hekatei can do and restore backups of the nand ? Have anothers CFW ? What about Reswitched ?
Hekate is the name of the bootloader/payload. While you can make the case it acts much like a CFW, it can be used in conjunction with a CFW like Atmosphere which is ReSwitched's CFW. It cannot be used to load SX OS unfortunately and SX OS Loader cannot be used to load any other CFW besides SX OS.

JhiF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends. Do you mind having to use a jig/AutoRCM + USB cable to load hacks? If yes, it might be worth buying a third Switch just for online play so the 1.0 can use other means of booting CFW/homebrew. If not, then you can just update the 1.0 to the latest firmware. I would also like to bring up my earlier point that so far no one has been banned for updating without burning fuses. That may be due to the fact that the only hack involved here is hijacking the Nintendo Switch bootloader by booting into RCM and using another bootloader such as Hekate or SX OS. And thanks to CTCaer, he has confirmed that Hekate is currently undetectable by Nintendo.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/

I think I'll go for updating without burning fuses then, thank you so much bro :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
Whatda ya mean ? Official Nintendo joy cons or the Mayflash magic NS shit?
Either one works fine regardless. Any CFW will still let you use your Nintendo joy cons remotely plug and play style, Mayflash on the other hand you need to buy extra accessories (20$ usb dongle) to use PS or Xbox Bluetooth controllers. Same as OFW. CFW adds software not hardware that wasnt already there to begin with.

Basically do what mayfly do but without the usb stick. like can i connect a DS4 to it or XB controller

sirelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok followed the tutorial for backing the nand. Then I was watching a YouTube video by Skullator about nand backup, he suggest you verify the nand back with hackdismount. But in video his backup was single bin file, my backup seems to have been broken into parts. Do I need to use a tool like winrar to merge the files or did I have a faulty backup and need to download the nand again? I have not done anything else with the switch to ensure I don’t f it up.

rafalince

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok followed the tutorial for backing the nand. Then I was watching a YouTube video by Skullator about nand backup, he suggest you verify the nand back with hackdismount. But in video his backup was single bin file, my backup seems to have been broken into parts. Do I need to use a tool like winrar to merge the files or did I have a faulty backup and need to download the nand again? I have not done anything else with the switch to ensure I don’t f it up.

I dont know if i had understand, but if u do a backup with a SD card < 29gb the backup will be in parts like u said. But if u do it with a SD card > than 29 gb will do in only one part. Remember that have 4 types of nand backup this 4 types have to restore in the correct place with the hekate

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Can anyone point me to where I can buy a jig ?
Unless you know someone, most people seem to use eBay.
its secury recover a backup of the nand with Hekate ?
I'm sorry, I don't think I quite understand your question. The only thing I can say is that making a backup of Boot0/Boot1 with Hekate will ensure you can recover from a brick. Everything else that you dump is User Data (i.e. saves, DLC, updates).

Reactions: rafalince

rafalince

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unless you know someone, most people seem to use eBay.
I'm sorry, I don't think I quite understand your question. The only thing I can say is that making a backup of Boot0/Boot1 with Hekate will ensure you can recover from a brick. Everything else that you dump is User Data (i.e. saves, DLC, updates).

I wanna know if dont cause danger of brick do a restore. But i tryied here and i saw thats work fine.

Reactions: Draxzelex

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
for micro SD with switch with exFAT support, what the best allocation unit size to choose?
i just let the switch format the microSD it self? the card already on exFAT.

Sbabbasone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It depends. Do you mind having to use a jig/AutoRCM + USB cable to load hacks? If yes, it might be worth buying a third Switch just for online play so the 1.0 can use other means of booting CFW/homebrew. If not, then you can just update the 1.0 to the latest firmware. I would also like to bring up my earlier point that so far no one has been banned for updating without burning fuses. That may be due to the fact that the only hack involved here is hijacking the Nintendo Switch bootloader by booting into RCM and using another bootloader such as Hekate or SX OS. And thanks to CTCaer, he has confirmed that Hekate is currently undetectable by Nintendo (meaning its subject to change).

So you assure me that if I update my console to the last firmware following the guide to prevent fuses being burnt I am safe from bans? I don't plan to use CFWs or backup loaders until all will be safer and more user friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol