Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IRONICALLY TX released their dongle on 15 of june lol, Scires should releases his CFW on 14th, just to pay his ALMIGHTY RESPECT to leechers!
His CFW is open-source and can be compiled by anybody so there is nothing to release. Its being actively worked on and anyone can contribute or use his code for their purposes.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
His CFW is open-source and can be compiled by anybody so there is nothing to release. Its being actively worked on and anyone can contribute or use his code for their purposes.
did you say ''OPEN source'' and anyone can access his code?? did TX 's cfw had anything in ''common'' with Atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you say ''OPEN source'' and anyone can access his code?? did TX 's cfw had anything in ''common'' with Atmosphere?
Since TX has not released the source code for their CFW, we cannot say for certain. It may be reasonable that they borrowed some of Atmosphere's code because it is open-source after all. If they did, then they must give the proper credits otherwise their CFW is liable. Anyways, we won't know until either they release their source-code or someone reverse engineers their CFW.

dovah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since TX has not released the source code for their CFW, we cannot say for certain. It may be reasonable that they borrowed some of Atmosphere's code because it is open-source after all. If they did, then they must give the proper credits otherwise their CFW is liable. Anyways, we won't know until either they release their source-code or someone reverse engineers their CFW.
moreover, since Atmosphére is distributed under GPLv2 license, if TX were to use its source code (even some parts) they would need to keep the same license (GPL is copyleft)
if that was true, it would imply that TX should be opensource too (and not just giving proper credits).

That's not the case, but who knows (what TX actually did)

Last edited by dovah,

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I read in another thread that I need to do some exploit to get exFat working on my switch. It's version 4.1.0, so I don't want to upgrade it. Can I get a link to instructions for this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I read in another thread that I need to do some exploit to get exFat working on my switch. It's version 4.1.0, so I don't want to upgrade it. Can I get a link to instructions for this?
They are located in the Tutorial section. To save you some time, I'll link them below:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/

My recommendation would be to go to the first one as it has a risk-free method of installation

Reactions: P4wn4g3

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are located in the Tutorial section. To save you some time, I'll link them below:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/

My recommendation would be to go to the first one as it has a risk-free method of installation
He says in there it could result in a ban. Any way to avoid this? Will Atmosphere have a way of avoiding it and installing exFat? I can wait on this if it means setting it up right.

Xenocore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super noob question (I promise I'll start to keep up with the homebrew sense once my spring classes are done) but let's say I get SX OS and play a game like Splatoon 2 online with no hacks to the game. Anyone know if a ban is likely? I know when modifying your switch a ban is always likely, however just wondering if it would be smart for me to buy a second switch for hacking. Thanks

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
in the switch.hacks.guide, it says the micro SD card must be formatted to a FAT 32. Mine's a 200GB formatted as an exFAT (due to the Switch not working with a FAT32 that size when I got it, or so I believe). Is an exFAT okay to work with or do I need to reformat it as a FAT32?

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question: Ordered a Switch with grey jcon today. Hope it‘s on a low firmware but if it‘s on 5.0.x is there already a method of installing xci files?
Because Homebrew Menu seems to work up to 5.1.0 but i couldn‘t find something about the xci files.

Last edited by noX1609,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He says in there it could result in a ban. Any way to avoid this? Will Atmosphere have a way of avoiding it and installing exFat? I can wait on this if it means setting it up right.
Not really. It's not confirmed to ban you, but theoretically, Nintendo could see that you have the update installed, but you didn't request it from their servers
Super noob question (I promise I'll start to keep up with the homebrew sense once my spring classes are done) but let's say I get SX OS and play a game like Splatoon 2 online with no hacks to the game. Anyone know if a ban is likely? I know when modifying your switch a ban is always likely, however just wondering if it would be smart for me to buy a second switch for hacking. Thanks
I don't think that a ban is likely, there's always a possibility though.
in the switch.hacks.guide, it says the micro SD card must be formatted to a FAT 32. Mine's a 200GB formatted as an exFAT (due to the Switch not working with a FAT32 that size when I got it, or so I believe). Is an exFAT okay to work with or do I need to reformat it as a FAT32?
If you have the exfat update on your switch, it'll be fine. But if you don't, it will ask you to update before you can use it
I have a question: Ordered a Switch with grey jcon today. Hope it‘s on a low firmware but if it‘s on 5.0.x is there already a method of installing xci files?
Because Homebrew Menu seems to work up to 5.1.0 but i couldn‘t find something about the xci files.
There's not a public backup loader yet

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@epickid37: Thanks for your answer.
So then i hope there will be a method soon. I‘m curious what system version is installed on the Switch but i think it‘s definitely above 3.0.0
But never mind because exploid works on 5.1.0 too and if i read it right there is also no method of playing XCI‘s on 3.0.0

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the first tutorial, Method 2 is much safer because it'll only install the exFAT update when you are using CFW and since using CFW itself presents a ban-risk, it introduces the same precautions. If you want to be safe, you never go online with a CFW in the first place. His first method is more dangerous because the exFAT update is permanently applied to the Switch, outside of CFW.

Rather than buying a second Switch, it might be better to wait for either SX OS or Atmosphere to implement EmuNAND support. That way, you can play backups safely offline in SysNAND and play Splatoon 2 online via EmuNAND without getting banned.

FAT32 is the format the Switch supports by default however if you don't want to update to the latest firmware and want the exFAT update, you can follow one of the following tutorials:

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One Question: Is it only possible to send the payload with a USB3 port at pc or does it also work with USB2? Because only own a macbook with usb 2 ports and an iPhone so i can‘t use the android method.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One Question: Is it only possible to send the payload with a USB3 port at pc or does it also work with USB2? Because only own a macbook with usb 2 ports and an iPhone so i can‘t use the android method.
With a Windows PC, you can use USB 2.0. Not familiar with the USB requirements for Apple devices.

P4wn4g3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really considered it yet, so I feel like I should be asking some noob questions on how Atmosphere is intended to look and operate. I'm imagining something like I have on my Wii, but I also understand that won't happen any time soon at least so I'll try to hit some basics. First off, the CFW will allow a custom firmware environment where we can essentially do everything we currently can with the stock FW right? And it will be fully online capable? I'd also like to know if it is planned so that it will be usable with our regular Switch accounts, as in safe to use and we won't be banned for downloading stuff from the store. I understand at the moment it will require a hard mod or payload on higher system versions.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really considered it yet, so I feel like I should be asking some noob questions on how Atmosphere is intended to look and operate. I'm imagining something like I have on my Wii, but I also understand that won't happen any time soon at least so I'll try to hit some basics. First off, the CFW will allow a custom firmware environment where we can essentially do everything we currently can with the stock FW right? And it will be fully online capable? I'd also like to know if it is planned so that it will be usable with our regular Switch accounts, as in safe to use and we won't be banned for downloading stuff from the store. I understand at the moment it will require a hard mod or payload on higher system versions.
The best comparison if you wanna know what Atmosphere will be capable of and look like is the Luma CFW for the 3DS. It will have full online capabilities as well as EmuNAND so you will not have to update your SysNAND to use it or to enjoy the benefits of being on the latest firmware. Unfortunately, with the way the Switch handles downloads from the eShop, we cannot make it safe because it requires our console unique certificate. This leads to the high unlikelihood of Freeshop ever making a return but we may be able to change that someday. Also, while the goals of this CFW is to ensure as low as possible a ban-risk as realistic as possible, utilizing a CFW inherently presents risks to getting banned as you can never truly hide the modifications you have made or are running.

Reactions: P4wn4g3

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked, but since it is kind of a complex one, I doubt it. If it was, again,sorry!

EDIT: After a bit of search it seems SX OS is compatible with 5.1.0, so the question is: is it possible to switch between sx OS and stock OS, to be able to play eshop games?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Hikenkami,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked, but since it is kind of a complex one, I doubt it. If it was, again,sorry!

EDIT: After a bit of search it seems SX OS is compatible with 5.1.0, so the question is: is it possible to switch between sx OS and stock OS, to be able to play eshop games?

Thanks for your help!
Yes. All you have to do to load stock FW is reboot the switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI