Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The prod.key file? I believe he's got it. How to retrieve the serial number back?
Thank you
No, prod.keys is a generic key file full of keys that are shared across all Nintendo Switch consoles. What you need is PRODINFO which is full of console specific information such as the certificate used to grant access to Nintendo's online servers.

Reactions: Dariush and Lamcza

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i need a refresher on hacked switches with sys- and emummc when it comes to the gamecard slot.

there's options to disable the card slot like nogc = 0 and autonogc=0

but what exactly was the point of that actually? i vaguely remember the gameslot could stop working when you tried to downgrade firmwares, but since waiting for a secret hack on low firmwares isn't really a thing anymore, you'd eventually wanna update the switch firmware like normal and everything works again, right?
i guess it could be an issue if sys and emunand aren't on the same firmware, but i also dont see a reason why you shouldn't update both when needed, since compatibility with atmo happens super fast these days too

is there anything I'm missing that i need to be aware of here?

emummc wasnt really a thing when i hacked my first switch, so i never used it before, but I've seen people be squeamish about using their original game carts in emummc. is there anything to be concerned about in regards to that?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Archolm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm considering buying a Switch Lite and getting it modded. It costs around 90 euros. What are some of the things I should watch out for?

Dariush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
No, prod.keys is a generic key file full of keys that are shared across all Nintendo Switch consoles. What you need is PRODINFO which is full of console specific information such as the certificate used to grant access to Nintendo's online servers.
I've found this XAW....._PRODINFO.bin & XAW....._BISKEYS.bin files (real serial number) inside the atmosphere auto backup folder. Are they useful? If so, how can I retrieve the serial number back into the console?
Thanks.

Update: I tried the Incognito_RCM. Renamed the file and put it into the SD, but the app errors out "failed to read the file"

Last edited by Dariush,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found this XAW....._PRODINFO.bin & XAW....._BISKEYS.bin files (real serial number) inside the atmosphere auto backup folder. Are they useful? If so, how can I retrieve the serial number back into the console?
Thanks.

Update: I tried the Incognito_RCM. Renamed the file and put it into the SD, but the app errors out "failed to read the file"
What file exactly did you rename and where on the SD card did you put it?
Brand new to the forum, sorry if this belongs somewhere else!
I've recently been thinking about purchasing a v1 switch to softmod, and I have some questions I haven't been able to get clear answers for when reading other threads beforehand.

- What specific guide should I be following? I found multiple suggested and linked here.
- Can I run backups/homebrew on an emunand safely if I keep my sysnand 100% clean? (No cfw/homebrew/etc)
- Would it be best to run sysnand and emunand on separate microSD cards?
  • You should follow this guide. Not only was it the first guide ever released but its been updated regularly as the scene progressed
  • All bans occur due to going online with CFW/homebrew. If you never go online after using either, then you will not be banned
  • This question doesn't make sense. emuMMC can only exist on the SD card while sysMMC can never exist on the SD card; sysMMC is your literal physical console. It cannot run anywhere else but on itself

jellwiifish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What file exactly did you rename and where on the SD card did you put it?

• You should follow this guide. Not only was it the first guide ever released but its been updated regularly as the scene progressed
  • All bans occur due to going online with CFW/homebrew. If you never go online after using either, then you will not be banned
  • This question doesn't make sense. emuMMC can only exist on the SD card while sysMMC can never exist on the SD card; sysMMC is your literal physical console. It cannot run anywhere else but on itself
  • Is there a place where I can buy one of the 3D printed jigs mentioned in the guide? I do not feel confident in making my own, and I do not own a 3D printer.
  • So if I keep my sysnand entirely clean and only use cfw/backups/homebrew on the emunand I can play online without the risk of a ban?
  • Sorry, I had seen something along those lines mentioned in another thread I had read which confused me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv