Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

hjk16

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, today I installed a HWFLY Chip on my Switch V2. After the installation the light blinked blue a few times and then changed to green and the screen showed "Boot.dat?". Then I formatted my SD-Card to Fat32 and copied all files according to the rentry.org tutorial and put the SD-Card back in to the switch. The chip blinked blue again then green once and then the light turned off but the screen won't show anything. Any ideas why?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, today I installed a HWFLY Chip on my Switch V2. After the installation the light blinked blue a few times and then changed to green and the screen showed "Boot.dat?". Then I formatted my SD-Card to Fat32 and copied all files according to the rentry.org tutorial and put the SD-Card back in to the switch. The chip blinked blue again then green once and then the light turned off but the screen won't show anything. Any ideas why?
did you set up the files correctly?

hjk16

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did you set up the files correctly?
What exactly do you mean by set up the files? I tried to follow the rentry tutorial and downloaded all the files from the links posted there and put it on my SD card. When I put the files in my SD card without the boot.dat file (from the sx gear zip) I still get the boot.dat? error screen and the green led stays on. When I put the boot.dat file (from the sx gear zip or the stethetix HATS files) on the SD card the green led blinks once and I get the black screen.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly do you mean by set up the files? I tried to follow the rentry tutorial and downloaded all the files from the links posted there and put it on my SD card. When I put the files in my SD card without the boot.dat file (from the sx gear zip) I still get the boot.dat? error screen and the green led stays on. When I put the boot.dat file (from the sx gear zip or the stethetix HATS files) on the SD card the green led blinks once and I get the black screen.

Try Stethix's HATS pack see if your unit boot.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what i mean is did you follow all the steps on the guide?

jairo4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

Will overclocking on sysnand get me banned?​

Hey guys, I own a switch since day one and I want to mod it so I can modestly overclock it to enjoy TotK and Pokémon even more. I don't plan to play backups, I just want to know if I will be able to mod my console (got the jig already) and overclock it on cfw sysnand without losing online capabilities. Would that be doable?
Any input will be appreciated!

orts_hi

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone, I'm very new at all of this so I really need some help here.
So basically what happened was that I was trying to install some games with awoo installer (metroid dread) and half install an error pop up.
Now, whenever I try booting atmosphere, the same error pops up.
I've been reading and searching but nothing has helped.
BTW, I have not installed any themes, so it is not that.

370481197_835960807842089_6794540345532988324_n.jpg

vendettared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Switch gets stuck in a blank screen when launching CFW (SYSNAND) from hekate after my nephew accidentally clicked the system update during a gaming session (he says the the switch mentioned updating then restarted and now the switch is stuck on a black screen when attempting to go CFW, but Stock (SYSNAND) still boots up normally)

Any clue on what i can do? EDIT: Got it working by simply replacing the atmosphere folders!

Last edited by vendettared,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone, I'm very new at all of this so I really need some help here.
So basically what happened was that I was trying to install some games with awoo installer (metroid dread) and half install an error pop up.
Now, whenever I try booting atmosphere, the same error pops up.
I've been reading and searching but nothing has helped.
BTW, I have not installed any themes, so it is not that.

View attachment 390754
Try clean atmo setup without any mods or hb but make a bakcup of your files first, ofc you don't have a program with that id in your atmo/contents? I had a simillar issue a month ago but my program has C in the end instead of 0 and it turned out to be corrupted sd : /

JB260895

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! i have a switch oled with chip, the first time it shows the atmosphere logo then bots only in OFW ebery time i restart the console, doesnt show any othter logo than nintendo, and i cant boot hekate, it has the 16.0.3 ofw.

idk what happen or what to do, can anyone help me with that please?
Post automatically merged:

Hi! i have a switch oled with chip, the first time it shows the atmosphere logo then boots only in OFW ebery time i restart the console, doesnt show any othter logo than nintendo, and i cant boot hekate, it has the 16.0.3 ofw.

even if i remove the SD card the switch boots into OFW

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to start getting some of my saves back from my computer to the JKSV folder to import them, but when I go to launch Atmosphere, it flashes the atmosphere boot screen but eventually hangs on the Nintendo boot screen. In hekate, under config it tells me "no .ini or boot entries found".

I tried getting rid of and replacing atmosphere files. I don't have any custom themes, etc. I have replaced the hekate.ipl.ini file in the bootloader folder I can boot into the stock as well as sysnand CFW. It is just emunand CFW that doesn't work. Can anyone help?
What did you replace the hekate_ipl.ini file with? If you use the one from the GitHub page, its blank which would explain the error message of "no .ini or boot entries found". If this is the case, you will either have to make your own or download a pre-configured hekate_ipl.ini file
Ok, maybe this doesn't belong to this thread but since there's an SXOS to sigpatch XCI/NSP and a .py file to dump cartridges or badically any file into nsp. How hard can It be to somehow create ports or emulators for NES/SNES/64/ds/3ds..etc. I'm just remembering that New 3ds received tons of emulators with Twilight++ and PSVita received AND was able to emulate a lot of consoles too....if anyone can throw some light into my shadows...🙏
Ports cannot happen without publicly available source code and majority of games released do not have their source code released because otherwise people could just compile the code to play the game without buying it. Emulators depend on how powerful the hardware is and how far along the emulator has come.
Okay, literally what the hell?

So guessing my switch must have drained in power, so it's doing that thing where it just giaves me a black screen when hitting the power button. I plug in my RCMloader and it just keeps kicking back with some error about incorrect fusee version. How do I solve this? :unsure:
If it saying incorrect fusee version, update fusee to the latest version both on your SD card and the one on your RCMLoader.

Will overclocking on sysnand get me banned?​

Hey guys, I own a switch since day one and I want to mod it so I can modestly overclock it to enjoy TotK and Pokémon even more. I don't plan to play backups, I just want to know if I will be able to mod my console (got the jig already) and overclock it on cfw sysnand without losing online capabilities. Would that be doable?
Any usage of homebrew and/or CFW can get you banned.
Hi! i have a switch oled with chip, the first time it shows the atmosphere logo then bots only in OFW ebery time i restart the console, doesnt show any othter logo than nintendo, and i cant boot hekate, it has the 16.0.3 ofw.

Hi! i have a switch oled with chip, the first time it shows the atmosphere logo then boots only in OFW ebery time i restart the console, doesnt show any othter logo than nintendo, and i cant boot hekate, it has the 16.0.3 ofw.

even if i remove the SD card the switch boots into OFW

How is the SD card formatted?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it saying incorrect fusee version, update fusee to the latest version both on your SD card and the one on your RCMLoader.
I did try that, like half a dozen times. It just kept rejecting me with the same error, and refusing to go any further. Wouldn't let me into Hekate or anything for a sanity check.

Only dumb luck had me toggle over to a folder that had the (I think?) TegraExplorer payload, and from there I was able to have it exit to reboot_payload and that has allowed me back in so far. That said, between 16.1.0 and Atmos 1.5.5(?) it's been real crash happy... which is especially awful since it would burn through about 1/3 of the battery life because it would keep the screen on while I was at work for an error I didn't even know it experienced.

Stealsfromhobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how I did this but my album button behavior has changed. Now instead of opening the Homebrew Menu it directly loads whatever homebrew app happens to be the first in the list. If I star DBI, it moves it to the front and that gets loaded, for example. I just want Album to lead to the Homebrew Menu like it used to.
It does the same when trying to launch hbmenu through an installed app as well. I searched and can't find anything like this.

Not sure how I did this but my album button behavior has changed. Now instead of opening the Homebrew Menu it directly loads whatever homebrew app happens to be the first in the list. If I star DBI, it moves it to the front and that gets loaded, for example. I just want Album to lead to the Homebrew Menu like it used to.
It does the same when trying to launch hbmenu through an installed app as well. I searched and can't find anything like this.
I ended up fixing it by just deleting the override settings and replacing it with the one in the templates folder.
Still not sure what caused it in the first place though.

Last edited by Stealsfromhobos,

Hammerex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi my mother just passed away and things have been a little crazy, I just got home the other day and one of my kids tells me he updated something by mistake and now the switch will not load. When I run Tegra and try to inject hekate it is saying successfully injected but not booting it on the switch. Please if someone could point me in direction for how I can fix this. Thanks.

Reactions: gamefan128

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my mother just passed away and things have been a little crazy, I just got home the other day and one of my kids tells me he updated something by mistake and now the switch will not load. When I run Tegra and try to inject hekate it is saying successfully injected but not booting it on the switch. Please if someone could point me in direction for how I can fix this. Thanks.
install latest atmosphere, hekate and sigpatches, then should be good

Reactions: gamefan128

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!