Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

SwiftLime

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey! Firstly huge thanks to all of you here, managed to get my V2 running CFW with picofly!

Got a weird issue where I cannot connect to 5GHz wifi networks on EMUMMC and SYSMMC, it is giving me a 2110-2101 error. 2.4GHz networks work just fine. Already tried changing channels on my router (now on ch.40). Also tried reinstalling my HATS pack (used sthetix and added MITM DNS). Any ideas on this one?

Running 16.0.2, AMS 1.5.2.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. While prepping for a trip I thought I'd send my pokemon saves to a spare switch that I had in case I lost the switch since those saves aren't cloud back uped. However I stupidly overwrote my actual Let's Go Eevee save on my spare switch since I didn't move that save over when I got my OLED. I have an old NAND backup from when I first tried to mod my switch from last year that should be the actual save. I just want to ask what's the best way to go about restoring that save to my main system. Looking around it seems that I should backup my current switch NAND, restore that old NAND backup, use atmosphere to launch it and use JKSV to backup the save, then restore the current NAND and atmosphere and JKSV to restore. Would that be a safe way of doing it? Mostly concerned about blowing fuses and getting the console banned. I have already preemptively denied internet access to my switch at the router level so I shouldn't have to worry about N detecting stuff (though I do have the hosts file set for atmosphere). I read something about blowing fuses but as long as I boot using atmosphere it won't matter? Can someone please help me confirm this. Thank you!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well I know BlueBomb and I did jailbreak my dsi and 3ds through a YouTube tutorial
Post automatically merged:

I think that the picofly you installed was fake as there are many fakes going around or you made a mistake in the proccess of putting it in or out. I think your best bet is to consult an expert or check if you soldered in on correctly as this is an extremely frustrating process
yeah, using Youtube tutorias make you a super expert hacker.

The bluetooth and the usb stacks has been reverse engineered all the way and no vulnerability found so far, the HID stack which almost every device is vulnerable today (used on the wii mini and others) is full patched on the Switch and the bluetooth and USB stacks are separated from high security levels so if they get compromised only user-land well be affected, then will be no possible use that stacks for CFW setup.

8BitDo doesn't really hack the stack only uses a HID PID substitution for the console believe what that controller is a original one.

I have a Chinese mock-up of a 8BitDo which instead have a pirate full copy of the original firmware on it, so for the console is a original controller on all senses..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. While prepping for a trip I thought I'd send my pokemon saves to a spare switch that I had in case I lost the switch since those saves aren't cloud back uped. However I stupidly overwrote my actual Let's Go Eevee save on my spare switch since I didn't move that save over when I got my OLED. I have an old NAND backup from when I first tried to mod my switch from last year that should be the actual save. I just want to ask what's the best way to go about restoring that save to my main system. Looking around it seems that I should backup my current switch NAND, restore that old NAND backup, use atmosphere to launch it and use JKSV to backup the save, then restore the current NAND and atmosphere and JKSV to restore. Would that be a safe way of doing it? Mostly concerned about blowing fuses and getting the console banned. I have already preemptively denied internet access to my switch at the router level so I shouldn't have to worry about N detecting stuff (though I do have the hosts file set for atmosphere). I read something about blowing fuses but as long as I boot using atmosphere it won't matter? Can someone please help me confirm this. Thank you!

If you don't have a NAND backup or save backup then it is gone, you can check if you have a backup if you used pkhex.

Hey! Firstly huge thanks to all of you here, managed to get my V2 running CFW with picofly!

Got a weird issue where I cannot connect to 5GHz wifi networks on EMUMMC and SYSMMC, it is giving me a 2110-2101 error. 2.4GHz networks work just fine. Already tried changing channels on my router (now on ch.40). Also tried reinstalling my HATS pack (used sthetix and added MITM DNS). Any ideas on this one?

Running 16.0.2, AMS 1.5.2.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22495/~/error-code:-2110-2201

This is what you can do for 2110-2201 assuming you got 2110-2201 instead of 2110-2101

Is it possible to load ROMs from USB storage (HDDs, USB Sticks) to Retroarch? I know Atmosphere lets homebrew applications access USB Storages and read/write on them, but does Retroarch let you do that? I wanted to move ROMs from my SD card to a USB Storage Device to free up some space from it

Don't think it is possible for Atmosphere user, for SX OS user it allow users to run games off HDD, not sure if you can do that for retro stuffs.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending when the NAND was made, if you made it a long time ago it is probably not what you need.
It’s a year ago but I haven’t touched the game. I just want to keep the save around in case I want to play the game again. Just trying to avoid hardware bans.

SwiftLime

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you don't have a NAND backup or save backup then it is gone, you can check if you have a backup if you used pkhex.

This is what you can do for 2110-2201 assuming you got 2110-2201 instead of 2110-2101

Don't think it is possible for Atmosphere user, for SX OS user it allow users to run games off HDD, not sure if you can do that for retro stuffs.
Thanks, yea typo on that one, it's 2110-2101. Password is 100% correct, and signal strength is great (tested next to the router). Next step full reset I guess.

EDIT: Semi unrelated question though:
Assume I took an eMMC backup of OFW running FW 10.X.X (for example), which was connected to the internet and big N on multiple occasions. Then assume the console was updated to latest FW, say 16.0.2 since that the latest for today. If I for whatever reason needed to do a NAND restore from the backup, wouldn't the console end up on FW 10.X.X, which would be a missmatch with big N's logs, causing a potential ban situation?

If this is the case, one would really need to make backups on all OFW updates (or all changes that N would potentially log I guess...) ?

Last edited by SwiftLime,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: Hayato213

SwiftLime

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks, yea typo on that one, it's 2110-2101. Password is 100% correct, and signal strength is great (tested next to the router). Next step full reset I guess.

EDIT: Semi unrelated question though:
Assume I took an eMMC backup of OFW running FW 10.X.X (for example), which was connected to the internet and big N on multiple occasions. Then assume the console was updated to latest FW, say 16.0.2 since that the latest for today. If I for whatever reason needed to do a NAND restore from the backup, wouldn't the console end up on FW 10.X.X, which would be a missmatch with big N's logs, causing a potential ban situation?

If this is the case, one would really need to make backups on all OFW updates (or all changes that N would potentially log I guess...) ?
Update on this in case anyone else struggles - factory reset didn't help, infact I even had issues on OFW... However, turns out that changing the SSID of my network helped and I can now connect, very strange! Bit of a pain given I have a bunch of devices without interfaces to reconfigure now... Oh well :)

Reactions: Hayato213

astrall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got my OLED switch modded with picofly (with fw 2.65).
Just wondering if in case there's new firmware update that drops, how should I proceed with updating my ofw and cfw?

Should I update first the emummc's cfw, firmware etc. or should I update the ofw first? I've read posts that for modchipped OLED switch, ofw and cfw needs to matched to avoid corrupting the boot0. I still use my ofw for switch online play.

PS. sorry if this is out of topic.
Anyone?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So update cfw first, then boot to my ofw to update from Nintendo afterwards?

As long you update them correctly it should boot fine, emunand is seperate from Sysnand (OFW). I suggest darthsternie for firmware for emunand update and use Nintendo server for Sysnand (OFW).

Update on this in case anyone else struggles - factory reset didn't help, infact I even had issues on OFW... However, turns out that changing the SSID of my network helped and I can now connect, very strange! Bit of a pain given I have a bunch of devices without interfaces to reconfigure now... Oh well :)

Yea sometime it doesn't like the SSID, or the broadcast channel in use, I have one switch that can't even see one of my 5GHz bands.

Last edited by Hayato213,

drunkguy564

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi Guys,

I would need help creating a cheat since I'm completely new in the cheats making scene. Let's say I have This base cheat:
[Switch Item]
58000000 0010FA28
58001000 000000A0
58001000 00000018
58001000 0000490F
78000000 000007E4
64000000 00000000 00000001

How do I turn this into a button activator that would increment value by one if I use right button or decrease value by one if I use left button.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I would need help creating a cheat since I'm completely new in the cheats making scene. Let's say I have This base cheat:
[Switch Item]
58000000 0010FA28
58001000 000000A0
58001000 00000018
58001000 0000490F
78000000 000007E4
64000000 00000000 00000001

How do I turn this into a button activator that would increment value by one if I use right button or decrease value by one if I use left button.

Ask it there

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-2752

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The irony when someone else says to stop mini modding is actually mini modding himself. And nothing I did wasn't even against the rules.

You can try following this guide, Ignore the fact that it says SX OS. emuMMC works the same way no matter what CFW it is.

• emuMMC is initially just a copy of sysMMC so whatever saves and games are in sysMMC will automatically be carried over to emuMMC at the time of creation. If you don't mind that happening, there is nothing else that you need to do. If you do mind, you could always factory reset the emuMMC so it has a clean slate
  • No, a factory reset on sysMMC should only be reserved for when you plan to sell the console or if you have backed up everything on sysMMC already. emuMMC can have its own Nintendo folder so there can be no overlap between any installed games
  • As explained earlier, you can simply factory reset the emuMMC after creation so that it doesn't feel like a copy. Also, emuMMC and sysMMC are basically 2 different consoles that do not interact with each other whatsoever after emuMMC is created
  • For the third time, it is NOT recommended to factory reset the sysMMC prior to making emuMMC. Some games and features can only be unlocked with certain save or account data that can be a hassle to move over once emuMMC is created so it might be better to have all of that be carried over rather than start fresh. Plus if you plan to keep using sysMMC, then resetting it is only going to set you back since you lose all of your data. You can have emuMMC use its own Nintendo folder so once you start installing new games to either sysMMC or emuMMC, it won't appear in the other

I always recommend this guide as not only is it the first tutorial released for hacking the Switch but it also has been regularly updated as the scene progressed.
Thank you bro. I will try it and tell you if it worked:)

Aekold19

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi.

Sorry (in advance) for this stupid question, and for my english (not my main language).

I own 2 switch V1.

The first one is on atmmosphere using tegrarcm, very easy, everything work fine ..

But the the second one doesn't turn on. I tried all the tips I found, hard reset, press + button during 12 seconds, etc ... The dock light flash one second but I can't turn it on.

Nothing work ... BUT ... but TegraRCM detect it.

In RCM Mode ...

But when I try to inject a payload, tegraRCM freeze.

When I plug off the switch, TegraRCM show me an error RC=-7.

I tried several usb cable, several SD card ...

I don't know what to do.

If you have an idea ... thanks for advance.

And sorry if t's not the good thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work