Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see, well what about a motherboard swap? what are the precautions of swapping motherboards between switches?
Post automatically merged:

is there anything proprietary i have to worry about? something like what apple does to iphones?

If I remember there is certain version for the screen and the cartridge reader that affect touch screen, it is a headache, I believe you need a dark green color cartridge slot.

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember there is certain version for the screen and the cartridge reader that affect touch screen, it is a headache, I believe you need a dark green color cartridge slot.
so do i just swap the cartraige heads too? sorry i got a bit confused haha

duffman2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would do an OLED if I were you if you are confortable soldering, it is just a lot better than V1/V2 screen.
Post automatically merged:

Lol anyone can charge any price they want.
Sure, but I also saw one on "Norwegian Ebay" at the same price so I wondered wtf is wrong with ppl. For that price you can basically get the entire library to Switch

handsom_tomato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Will there be any inconsistencies in the internal data, such as download history of software, if I backup a clean NAND of a Switch with Pikofly installed, then download a lot of software from the eShop on OFW, and then restore the clean NAND backup? Is it safe to do so? Also, could you please provide a tutorial for safely updating the firmware on a modded Switch?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there be any inconsistencies in the internal data, such as download history of software, if I backup a clean NAND of a Switch with Pikofly installed, then download a lot of software from the eShop on OFW, and then restore the clean NAND backup? Is it safe to do so? Also, could you please provide a tutorial for safely updating the firmware on a modded Switch?

It won't match with when you were previously online. Possible ban

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, does that mean a clean NAND may not be useful if you intend to go online on OFW even after modification?

You make a backup of that, if you are like on highest firmware and you play online, and you have a backup on lower firmware, if you restore that you possibly would get ban since it doesn't match with what you were previously online.

Reactions: handsom_tomato

marcx987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you made a thread asking the same exact question and they recommended you to disable nogc. Did you try doing that?

Have you tried using Hekate to resize the partitions?

Well if you are using the jig to enable RCM (not necessarily Atmosphere), then it sounds like you're not using AutoRCM and you've just stated that you are using emuMMC.

I'm just confused on what you mean by "ofw" in your Hekate menu. Is it OFW for sysMMC? OFW is just a mode; saying you are booting OFW is not specific. Do you see how you listed "emuNAND CFW" and "emuNAND OFW"? It should say something like that next to "ofw". Assuming you are referring to sysMMC OFW, you can update your firmware by bringing the console online. You will just irreversibly burn your anti-downgrade fuses when you do so meaning you won't be able to downgrade in case a better exploit is released on a lower firmware version. There are ways of updating your firmware without burning fuses if you are interested.

If i go into the hekate menu for sd partition formatting it wants to completely wipe my sd card. Unless i messed some option to do so? im on hekate 6.0.x something.
If you can resize without wiping anything please link to a tut ty ty

InariOkami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, so I try to upgrade my homebrew switch via daybreak from FW 15.0.1 to FW 16.0.1 (emunand)
and after installation, I got this error, do I screw my switch and need to restore it?

already try to reboot and enter the RCM but the result is still the same stuck here
please help

IMG_20230404_144216.jpg

fix the problem by removing tesla (420000000007E51A) from the "atmosphere/content" folder, sorry

Last edited by InariOkami,

nanaisthere

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi, i was told to ask my question here again so I hope somebody can help me...

So, lets start where my struggles began. The past few weeks I always had a bit of struggle with getting into Atmosphere, it was very random when the Switch had decided to actually boot and when the screen just went black and didnt move anymore after the Atmosphere logos. But with a little bit of trial and error it usually always booted the switch into CFW so I didnt think too much about it. While having these problems, I also got a yellow text saying "Old nyx.gui found. There will be dragons!" When starting Hekate. Then one day, I was just starting a Pokemon game on my switch, it suddenly died leaving an error code, but there was no problem and enough battery left too (It was the first time it ever died that random).

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-04 at 21.12.28.jpeg

Fast forward, I cant boot up into Atmosphere AT ALL anymore. The two atmosphere logos show up briefly (first one maybe 1 sec, second one around 3) and then my screen becomes an endless black, no matter how long I wait it would just stay black. I got rid of the Hekate dragon error and no error is shown anymore to me at all, but I still cant boot up my switch into Atmosphere, I feel like Ive tried every possible solution under the moon now, but I just cant get it to boot up. When choosing the fusee.bin directly it used to be the exact same as right now, but when launching with Hekate and choosing CFW on emummc it usually showed following error:

Error while loading fss0:

atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin

Wrong in cfg or missing/corrupt files

Failed to launch HOS/

)

Now that error is gone as I replaced the hekate_ipl and also completely deleted and reinstalled the Atmosphere and Bootloader folder + sigpatches. I also deleted the contents folder already, tried to replace the payloads, but it still doesnt seem to work. I also cant launch stock option from hekate, it shows the nintendo logo and then goes completely black too.

My two possible thoughts were now:
-as far as I remember I didnt update my software, could it be that my atmosphere version now isnt compatible with my switch ver? (I acc dont think so, but Im not sure)
-could something with my emummc be wrong and how could I find that out ? or fix it

I am legit super desperate, Ive been sitting here for 3 days trying to figure out a solution to my problem. If anyone could help me, Id be so relieved, I literally cant think of any other solutions anymore (+ I am also very much a noob, so excuse me if I have to ask some simple questions again ).

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So, lets start where my struggles began. The past few weeks I always had a bit of struggle with getting into Atmosphere, it was very random when the Switch had decided to actually boot and when the screen just went black and didnt move anymore after the Atmosphere logos. But with a little bit of trial and error it usually always booted the switch into CFW so I didnt think too much about it. While having these problems, I also got a yellow text saying "Old nyx.gui found. There will be dragons!" When starting Hekate. Then one day, I was just starting a Pokemon game on my switch, it suddenly died leaving an error code, but there was no problem and enough battery left too (It was the first time it ever died that random).

View attachment 363005

Fast forward, I cant boot up into Atmosphere AT ALL anymore. The two atmosphere logos show up briefly (first one maybe 1 sec, second one around 3) and then my screen becomes an endless black, no matter how long I wait it would just stay black. I got rid of the Hekate dragon error and no error is shown anymore to me at all, but I still cant boot up my switch into Atmosphere, I feel like Ive tried every possible solution under the moon now, but I just cant get it to boot up. When choosing the fusee.bin directly it used to be the exact same as right now, but when launching with Hekate and choosing CFW on emummc it usually showed following error:

Failed to launch HOS/

)

Now that error is gone as I replaced the hekate_ipl and also completely deleted and reinstalled the Atmosphere and Bootloader folder + sigpatches. I also deleted the contents folder already, tried to replace the payloads, but it still doesnt seem to work. I also cant launch stock option from hekate, it shows the nintendo logo and then goes completely black too.

-as far as I remember I didnt update my software, could it be that my atmosphere version now isnt compatible with my switch ver? (I acc dont think so, but Im not sure)
-could something with my emummc be wrong and how could I find that out ? or fix it

I am legit super desperate, Ive been sitting here for 3 days trying to figure out a solution to my problem. If anyone could help me, Id be so relieved, I literally cant think of any other solutions anymore (+ I am also very much a noob, so excuse me if I have to ask some simple questions again ).
Specifically, try what @binkinator suggested in this post.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 363005

Failed to launch HOS/

)

You a MAC user?

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So I'm REALLY out of the loop on the current "meta" of switch hacks, so I'll shoot here:

I just revived my V1 switch with autorcm (was out of charge, just charged and booted it back up) and it's on sys version 9.2 and atmosphere 0.10.5.

What's the current best method for updating? (both sys to latest firmware and atmosphere? No idea where to start right now, last time I think I used ChoiDujourNX.

(btw it's almost always been on airplane mode)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm REALLY out of the loop on the current "meta" of switch hacks, so I'll shoot here:

I just revived my V1 switch with autorcm (was out of charge, just charged and booted it back up) and it's on sys version 9.2 and atmosphere 0.10.5.

What's the current best method for updating? (both sys to latest firmware and atmosphere? No idea where to start right now, last time I think I used ChoiDujourNX.

(btw it's almost always been on airplane mode)
Updating Atmosphere is as easy as deleting the old /atmosphere folder and files then downloading the new ones from the official GitHub page. Updating the firmware is a little bit harder. You're on the right track since you used ChoiDujourNX but nowadays, everyone uses Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere by default meaning you can find it in the /switch folder from the zip file that you downloaded from the GitHub in the last step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7